Please Help! PS3 Shutdown.

This is a discussion on Please Help! PS3 Shutdown. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So. Since like a year my PS3 has been shutting down with some games, it sometimes flashes a yellow for ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Please Help! PS3 Shutdown.

So. Since like a year my PS3 has been shutting down with some games, it sometimes flashes a yellow for a second and then flashes red, sometimes it only flashes red. The thing is, it always turns on, and if i leave it in the menu for hours it never crashes. Also, for example it doesnīt crash with all games, FIFA 12, NBA 2K13, F1 2012, TOP SPIN 4, GTA IV and many other games that i play with some regularity donīt crash at all, even with hours of gameplay. But games like uncharted, Gran Turismo 5(not always, but sometimes it does), crash. Also, i downloaded Tekken Revolution yesterday and it doesnīt even last 5 seconds of gameplay to it to shutdown and flashing red light with a a flash of yellow. The thing is, it still turns on and if i put NBA 2K13 for example after it, i can play like nothing happen, the fans donīt even kick high. I have no idea whatīs wrong with my ps3, i read that if it is really YLOD, it shouldnīt even get to the PS3 menu, the PS3 wouldnīt even turn on(and mine does and can stay all day there that it doesnīt shut down, the same if i play nba 2k13 or any other of those gamess), and mine is doing this for a year now with certain games.

Iīm certain this is not YLOD because of two simple reasons, 1st one-it still turns on and plays almost all my games fine, 2nd- itīs been happening for more than a year now, so if this was a sign of YLOD, the PS3 should have been complety dead by now.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPM View Post
    Iīm certain this is not YLOD because of two simple reasons, 1st one-it still turns on and plays almost all my games fine, 2nd- itīs been happening for more than a year now, so if this was a sign of YLOD, the PS3 should have been complety dead by now.
    Not necessarily, symptoms can still be conclusive to a future YLOD, and it's been a year, so something is obviously worng. Save yourself the trouble and money and have it serviced by Sony or someone with the knowhow.

Better safe than sorry.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPM View Post
    This is most definitely a precursor to YLoD. Your primary problem is overheating of the console. Take precautions, or I guarantee you'll be the new owner of a broken console.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

If it is or isn't YLOD I think you still need to bring it in either way. Get it fixed, the sooner the better ^^

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

First did you the blow away all the dust bunnies in the vents?
    is it in a ventilated area? Any sounds of the ps3 like its working harder (making more noise than usual)

Backup your saves now, you might have an issue with the HDD, power supply etc.
    spend the money to get it serviced
    Signature Provided By Djunglist