Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fuck Dark Souls

This is a discussion on Fuck Dark Souls within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Haven played Demon's Souls and not yet started Dark Souls, I'd say: we all been through that and that's the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Haven played Demon's Souls and not yet started Dark Souls, I'd say: we all been through that and that's the point to the game, TO DIE!

Oh, and be invaded!
    Platinums : Assassin's Creed II - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Batman: Arkham City - Dante's Inferno - Darksiders I - Dead Space - God Of War I - God Of War II - God Of War III - God Of War: Ascension - God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta - Heavy Rain - inFamous - Mass Effect 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Uncharted II: Among Thieves

PRO Member

Hum the game is not easy, but once you learn all your enemie's you get the hang of it. And i ended up LOVING this game and still today hoping i never played it so i could do it all over again (lol). Dont want to give you any spoiler, but you have already been to sif the wolf. The forest there is a high populance for pvp invading! due to the covenent.

To make it short for you don't be a hero it will not work. I know the souls seems alot atm, but 30k souls is realy low to be honest. Now when you kill sif don't use his soul instead make the sword from his soul. When you make his sword make the cursed one! you can make two swords from his soul or a shield, but only make the cursed one. Here are the weapon's you can make. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/...reat+Wolf)+Sif. The two swords are almost alike so look closely at the stats of the 2 sword's. It will not say cursed! so check bouth of them.

This sword is pretty good all over! pvp and all! 2 handing this will do some serious damage. Now although i love this game it's been some time i played it! I can't remember so much more i'm afraid! Make this sword and it will help you alot. Don't rush take a breath.

If you have trouble finding out how the uppgarding system works pm and i will help you understand it more (hopfully).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I couldn't be bothered to read it all, but seriously. REST AT ANY NEW BONFIRE. It's all well and good lighting it, but that's not a checkpoint. Resting at one, is.
    Platinums I'm working on: Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue, Far Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto V, Dragon Age Inquisition, WWE 2K15, Murdered: Soul Suspect, inFAMOUS,

Platinums I have: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, The Darkness II, The Godfather, WWE '12, Soul Calibur II HD Online, Need For Speed: Rivals, inFAMOUS 2, inFAMOUS: First Light, inFAMOUS Second Son,

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Haha, it would appear that I presented myself as a useless bimbo. Apologies. I haven't died much so far (soul level roughly 47 now), and I was just angry because all of these things happened in rapid succession. As for people saying that 30,000 isn't much, I know it may not be much to you, but when I wrote this I was a much lower level and so 30,000 WAS a lot (I actually lost 70,000 too).

Nobody gave me any reason as to why I was forced to invade some beast when all I wanted was help either.

As for my final death, rolling off the bridge, I was actually half-mad, half-laughing. It was just typical of Dark Souls.

I think I gave everybody the wrong impression, which was certainly my fault, seeming as I called the thread "Fuck DS". I was hoping people would have a little chuckle at my demise. I'm not looking for help/advice, I was merely sharing my story.

As for my username, it's not serious. I only joined here to ask a data transfer question, and the most annoying catchphrase ever spoken was short enough for me to use.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Sir YOLO I shall take your tears and build a city of crystal with it
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Bob 'n' Becca

Thats the most annoying catchphrase of all time.

As for why you invaded someone against yer own volition, did you enter the covenant with the cat? If so, it was yer job to defend it. That's my only guess.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
    Now for the icing on the bloody cake. Once again, I made it back to the Bonfire in Blighttown. Worried that flame dogs were about to attack me, I rushed over to the Bonfire and was desperate to save. Of course, some stupid prick had put a message right next to it. I clicked X in order to save but instead this shitty message opened. In my panic, I clicked Circle in order to close the message. Clicking Circle didn't close the message. Clicking Circle didn't allow me to save. Clicking Circle sent me ROLLING OVER THE FUCKING BRIDGE TO MY DEATH.
    This part made me think of the video below. Just the 0:52 - 0:56 part.

Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 7 - Gold

YOLE. You only lived eight times and lost all your soulz.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ha you gave me good laughs with your rant...I know that it leaves you pissed when you lose stuff but seeing people angry is very funny.

Toggle Spoiler

дурак

Nobody gave me any reason as to why I was forced to invade some beast when all I wanted was help either.

I think I gave everybody the wrong impression, which was certainly my fault, seeming as I called the thread "Fuck DS". I was hoping people would have a little chuckle at my demise. I'm not looking for help/advice, I was merely sharing my story.
    The thing where you invaded instead of getting help is a known bug in the game. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. You could have used the Black Separation Crystal to leave their world, saving you your souls, and your progress lol.

I wasn't really sure whether you were that angry or not. But given Dark Souls track record, I made an assumption. Which was false.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you just stop getting mad after a while and accept this game will kill you lots

KCCO!

Ok, I just want to let off steam at this bastard of a game.

First of all, I was in Darkroot Basin and I had over 30,000 souls, which is A LOT to me. I went to fight that wolf bastard Sif and died. Not wanting to lose all those souls (plus 7 humanity), I went to fight her another 4 times and died every time. I then decided to become human so that I could summon help. I made it back to the fog gate and decided to wait (I also put my sign down so that I could help others). After over 20 minutes of patient waiting I got a message saying that I was about to invade someone. Despite only offering, and wanting, help, this dick game decided to make me invade.

Naturally, I invaded someone who had amazing armour and a giant, flaming sword. I died. I lost my 30,000 souls and 7 humanity. All over something I didn't even want to do.

Pissed off, I decided to venture into Blighttown. While in the Depths, I helped a few people defeat the Gaping Dragon. I accumulated 40,000+ souls and then quit the game at the gates to Blighttown. This morning, I reloaded the game and as soon as it started, my character was falling through grey nothingness. I'd fallen through the map without moving. There was no bloodstain left and so, surprise surprise, I lost all my souls.

A while later, I made it to the Blighttown Bonfire. I lit it, thinking that a checkpoint was now set, and then got summoned. Whilst summoned I was poisoned and subsequently died. I didn't care that much. But then I spawned at the Bonfire in the Depths. What the fuck is the point of lighting a Bonfire if it literally does nothing!?

Now for the icing on the bloody cake. Once again, I made it back to the Bonfire in Blighttown. Worried that flame dogs were about to attack me, I rushed over to the Bonfire and was desperate to save. Of course, some stupid prick had put a message right next to it. I clicked X in order to save but instead this shitty message opened. In my panic, I clicked Circle in order to close the message. Clicking Circle didn't close the message. Clicking Circle didn't allow me to save. Clicking Circle sent me ROLLING OVER THE FUCKING BRIDGE TO MY DEATH.

I'm now back in the Depths. Sanity barely intact.
    I have to admit, your misfortune gave me a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    If I had to venture a guess , I would say this was the part where you fucked up...
    Pretty much. If he was having trouble with earlierl portions of the game, Blighttown isn't the place to go. It's one of the worst areas in the game, especially for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Øl_brilla View Post
    Hum the game is not easy, but once you learn all your enemie's you get the hang of it.
    This is true. The game is very difficult for beginners, especially those that didn't experience Demon's Souls. It has a very steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I highly agree with what you said

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dark Souls II Ftw LOL!! seriusly, Dark Souls is about death, die, souls and getting better farming a lot. Also there is a lot of youtube videos about best builds, overpowered in 10 from star...
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”

PRO Member

I did buy Dark Souls on Steam Autumn sale this weekend, and having read the OP's reaction to the game...I now really want to play the game! I love some challenges and I think DS will more than enough answer to my needs!

Negator

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12