For those with bricked ps3s....

This is a discussion on For those with bricked ps3s.... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi all, Here is the latest on this issue: We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software ...

DON'T BLINK

For those with bricked ps3s....

Hi all,

Here is the latest on this issue:

We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is any further updates between now and 6/27, we will drop them here.

We will also update on 6/27 when it is available, and steps on how to implement the solution.

Thank you
    Re: [System Software Update] PS3 v.4.45 - SCEA Upd... - PlayStation® Community Forums

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for the update. Good thing I have 2 ps3's. Unfortunately the ps3 I have my Last of Us save on bricked. Pretty pissed about that. Guess I'll just start over on hard. Forgot to save to the cloud.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didnt get a bricked ps3 but if you did how are you supposed to download the update if you cant get the XMB

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I didnt get a bricked ps3 but if you did how are you supposed to download the update if you cant get the XMB
    You can install it via USB I think? haven't had to do anything like that with my Ps3 before though.

If it cant install through that then I have no idea how you could do it its stuck pre XMB.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    You can install it via USB I think? haven't had to do anything like that with my Ps3 before though.

If it cant install through that then I have no idea how you could do it its stuck pre XMB.
    Correct. You can boot up the ps3 in safe mode and install through usb. Which is what I'm gonna do. Some people couldn't wait and tried to rebuild the system in safe mode and that then corrupted their hdd and so then they had to reformat and lost everything. This is why you wait for an official fix lol. Now I'll be able to update and not have lost anything. So I haven't been able to play since Tuesday night... meh. I have other things I can do lol

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Correct. You can boot up the ps3 in safe mode and install through usb. Which is what I'm gonna do. Some people couldn't wait and tried to rebuild the system in safe mode and that then corrupted their hdd and so then they had to reformat and lost everything. This is why you wait for an official fix lol. Now I'll be able to update and not have lost anything. So I haven't been able to play since Tuesday night... meh. I have other things I can do lol
    Ah ok guess its pretty simple fix then once we get the update, sucks that your ps3 is out for the moment.