Blockbuster Mail Service : Does Anyone Use It?

This is a discussion on Blockbuster Mail Service : Does Anyone Use It? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm currently paying $15 to Gamefly for one game at a time, and I've always found their service to be ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Blockbuster Mail Service : Does Anyone Use It?

I'm currently paying $15 to Gamefly for one game at a time, and I've always found their service to be horrible. I've often waited four days for them to mail my next game out, and it would often be 7th or lower on my queue.

Blockbuster offers bluray and game rental (combined) for 2 discs at a time @ $14.99 per month. It's the same price as Gamefly, and with an extra game out, not to mention blurays if I'm in a movie mood, eliminating a need for Netflix/Quickster.

Does anyone use Blockbuster? They have a free trial, but I'm interested in hearing some real people give some feedback.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Nope, nothing

I don't use BlockBuster online but I do rent from them in store, they save me a load of money I can tell you that much.

I have been considering switching to renting online because I have moved quite a bit away from my local store so I can't just walk to it now.
    Not sure if they do a monthly subscription here in the UK but with prices like that it sounds worth it to me especially if you're planning renting rather than buying all the games that are coming out now and soon.

Platinum Dohvakiin

The only thing with Blockbuster is. You have to wait about 3 months after a new game is released before you can rent it by mail. But if you get their total package thing. And have a Blockbuster Store near you. You can always pick up the new games there. Yes they have a free trail. It use to be 2 weeks, now it's a month.
    You can set up your Queue to either ship by availability or by list order. If there's a game in your queue that you really want to play and it says "short wait/ long wait" just delete everything but that game/movie out of your queue and they'll ship you that one a hell of a lot sooner. As long as there is something else in there. You'll always have that short wait/ long wait standing. I have a Blockbuster account. I hardly ever use it for games though. Just on occasions. I also have GF and Netflix.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 7 - Gold

I should have noted; I don't have a Blockbuster within reasonable driving distance. Ours closed months ago.

I didn't realize that you couldn't get the new games via mail as soon as they were released. While that's a huge setback, Gamefly never manages to send me the new games at the top of my list anyway, so it's not like I'd be sacrificing getting games fresh out of the gate. Still, this is going to make me think hard on jumping ship.

Thank you both for the info.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Gamefly never manages to send me the new games at the top of my list anyway
    The only way I can get Gamefly to send me new games close to release. Is if I have nothing else on my list. Which for me having both comes in handy sometimes. I can just pick up the older games from BB if I really wanted to play it. And just put the newer ones in my GF list.
    Before 'jumping ships". I would just try out the Blockbuster one month free trail. Can't hurt. And I would pick the option for the most games you can get. Which is 3. Even if you choose to switch, you can just change it to whatever package you want. Before you're trail ends and only get charge for the most current package. And if you don't like their service just cancel it. No harm no foul.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW