Fox Reporter Shuts Down Minister On Game Violence

This is a discussion on Fox Reporter Shuts Down Minister On Game Violence within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ...

Threat

Fox Reporter Shuts Down Minister On Game Violence

Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

NSFW

Sometimes you find allies in the strangest places.

But a guy starting out with a christian praise is not that hard to bring down.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Crocodile Hunter

I wouldnt say that the news reporter shut down the minister, the title is a bit misleading imo, The reporter didnt go out of his way to defend games or anything he just pointed out that crimes are down.

However i agree that a 'study' would be pointless and be hard to prove, fuck these days the scientists that do these 'studies' change their minds more times than they change their underwear. few years back kids watching tv's (cartoons etc) or playing computer games would make us blind. And yet magically there was no mention of adults who work in offices staring at a pc screen all day doing their job. because apparently thats completely different because fuck you we are adults.

At the end of the day they literally have nothing else to talk about and talk about this stuff because it will cause a stir in their ratings

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I honestly don't know what is wrong with people that are overly religious like that. It's almost like they're a part of a giant cult who's been brainwashed into believing anything their authority figures tell them. Think for yourself and stop being a sheep. Nothing causes people to act the way they do except themselves. It's all about choice. I may feel like beating the shit out of some assholes I work with, but I make the choice not to and can use video games to relieve some of that stress.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Despite what many here or elsewhere think, Fox News is actually the most fair and balanced news here in the USA (just like they claim). I actually watch Fox News, unlike most who say they do (when they really don't) and then bash it anyways. They are also the one news agency here who truly acts as an impartial Gov't watchdog. Many will say they're just a Conservative news organization and bash them for it, but those people are almost always Liberals and if there's one thing I've learned in my many years on this earth, is that Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate another viewpoint other than their own. So, always take what you hear about Fox News with a grain of salt. If you don't believe me, about Fox being a Gub'mint watchdog, then I challenge you to the following test: Every day, simply go to Fox news's website an have a look at the main stories on the front page, and ask yourself "Are they covering 'important' stories that the free people of the USA should be aware of (in terms of keeping an eye on the Government)?" and the go to CNN's front page, or USAtoday, or any other 'American' news organization's website and see fr yourself what THOSE 'news oirganizations' deem imporatnat or rather what they're trying to draw your attention to. Again, don't take my word for it - do the research yourself. I did some time ago and had my eyes opened. Anyhow, just my 2 cents on the whole Fox News thing....... As for the videogames piece of it, that Fox News or Stossel are defending us gamers doesn't surprise me. Stossel is actually a Libertarian and Fox News whether you like them or not is a strong advocate for our personal freedoms here in the USA.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Despite what many here or elsewhere think, Fox News is actually the most fair and balanced news here in the USA (just like they claim). I actually watch Fox News, unlike most who say they do (when they really don't) and then bash it anyways. They are also the one news agency here who truly acts as an impartial Gov't watchdog. Many will say they're just a Conservative news organization and bash them for it, but those people are almost always Liberals and if there's one thing I've learned in my many years on this earth, is that Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate another viewpoint other than their own. So, always take what you hear about Fox News with a grain of salt. If you don't believe me, about Fox being a Gub'mint watchdog, then I challenge you to the following test: Every day, simply go to Fox news's website an have a look at the main stories on the front page, and ask yourself "Are they covering 'important' stories that the free people of the USA should be aware of (in terms of keeping an eye on the Government)?" and the go to CNN's front page, or USAtoday, or any other 'American' news organization's website and see fr yourself what THOSE 'news oirganizations' deem imporatnat or rather what they're trying to draw your attention to. Again, don't take my word for it - do the research yourself. I did some time ago and had my eyes opened. Anyhow, just my 2 cents on the whole Fox News thing....... As for the videogames piece of it, that Fox News or Stossel are defending us gamers doesn't surprise me. Stossel is actually a Libertarian and Fox News whether you like them or not is a strong advocate for our personal freedoms here in the USA.
    Idiotic racists like Bill O'Reilly make FOX seem worse than it is.

Rangers F.C

Lets tax violence in video games ..................... God does not like them . On the other hand he loves guns, nukes, war and the US military, he would love us to arm the Syrian rebels ( tomorrows terrorists ) too fucking fools . Address the real problems in the world like feeding everyone, making sure everyone has clean drinking water, that children don't die of treatable diseases like the flu, rather than going on a ridiculous quest to earn money by spreading fear in video games .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    What makes Bill O'Reilly rascist.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    What makes Bill O'Reilly rascist.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Wait wait wait... He thinks Jesus was nailed to a TREE? LMFAO

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Suggesting that Fox News is Fair and Impartial, is like suggesting that MSNBC is a Conservative News Outlet; neither statement is true. Fox NEws is to conservative political views and MSNBC is to Liberal political views in this country. Neither organization is fair or balanced, they both broadcast the news with a slant. The only people who consider either news outlet fair or impartial are the ones who only watch that particular news outlet. Fox is and has always been a Conservative Media Outlet, more often than not they broadcast both the news and political opinion in the same sentence. I watch all three major cable news outlets, and between them MSNBC, CNN and Fox News; Fox is always the lest impartial or balanced of the three.
    Funny thing about Bill O'Reilly is, after had met him a few times and had some pretty legnthy conversations with him. TV Bill is a lot more politically arrogant and condescending than the guy you would meet on the street. Bill can come off as this know it all on Fox News, but if you have the chance to talk to him. Rather you agree with his views or not, the guy will respect your opinion as long as you form a sound argument for that opinion and not just regurgitate talking points. Now Rush, Greta, and Anne Coulter, just need to learn when to STFU, because they will say some of the most off the wall crap you will ever hear.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 6 - Silver

there is NOTHING more violent and racist and overall shitty... than the fuckin bible... here's a thought... God isnt real... people need to grow the fuck up... violent video games are NOT the problem

Rangers F.C

A racist in my book is someone who is anti or hates another race, this guy just seems a bit out of touch and silly .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post

Funny thing about Bill O'Reilly is, after had met him a few times and had some pretty legnthy conversations with him. TV Bill is a lot more politically arrogant and condescending than the guy you would meet on the street. Bill can come off as this know it all on Fox News, but if you have the chance to talk to him. Rather you agree with his views or not, the guy will respect your opinion as long as you form a sound argument for that opinion and not just regurgitate talking points. Now Rush, Greta, and Anne Coulter, just need to learn when to STFU, because they will say some of the most off the wall crap you will ever hear.
    I'm a firm believer that there are two sides to Bill. The tv side and the "real" side. The tv side is the one you see on his show, when he's at big events etc. Pompous, loud, brash, and dumb. Then the real side is when you meet him in person. It's all an act, kind of like Stephen Colbert.

I used to HATE Bill with a strong passion. But then I got to witness more of the real him in person, and like you said he is actually really easy to get along with. I also really enjoy his interviews on The Daily Show. Some of the best interviews I've seen are him and John going back and forth.

Negator

By the graphs shown in this severely underwhelming video, we need more violence in our homes, so we can keep it off the street.

. . . . . . . . . .

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Bill can come off as this know it all on Fox News, but if you have the chance to talk to him. Rather you agree with his views or not, the guy will respect your opinion as long as you form a sound argument for that opinion and not just regurgitate talking points.
    Respect your opinion?
    Glad you got to know the person behind the persona. I dont hate him, but I have got to admit, i dont agree with things he says.