Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Saints Row IV "Refused Classification" in Australia

This is a discussion on Saints Row IV "Refused Classification" in Australia within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Mihalick Be glad you aren't in America. You can't burp on the phone while talking to your ...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Be glad you aren't in America. You can't burp on the phone while talking to your grandmother without the government listening in.
    Lol true enough although the American government has been spying on Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    Look on the brighter side you Aussies! The woman who brought in R18+ Rating just got ousted from your government and your back to good ol' Rudd!

BBC News - Kevin Rudd ousts Australia Prime Minister Julia Gillard
    Mate, that whole thing is just bullshit not a brighter side at all. Rudd is awful

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Mate, that whole thing is just bullshit not a brighter side at all. Rudd is awful
    Quiet you.

Gillard is a back-stabbing bitch who never won the office of PM. She toppled Rudd in 2010 in a leadership challenge backed by the Unions, then sucked up to and subsequently betrayed three soft-cock independents to govern in a minority.

Rudd's our only chance of getting a full-blown fiber-optic network to our door in Australia because Gillard can't win the election. Tony Abbott will rape the NBN, rolling out a network with less than half the capacity and 1/10th of the speed of Labour's implementation, depending on your distance from the exchange (not a problem on fiber-optic).

Oh, and the Libs will charge you several thousand dollars if you want to replace the copper to your door with fiber-optic, we get that for nothing with Labour. The Lib's NBN will also need to be largely replaced within the next decade, so it's a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention hundreds of other piss-poor policies Abbott will implement unchallenged should the Libs win both Houses in a landslide. He's a headkicker and a royal c**t who should never be allowed to govern this country.

I'm normally a Lib supporter, but not this time around...I want fiber-optic. The country needs it to be competitive in the coming decades and this is our only shot to get it right.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Quiet you.

Gillard is a back-stabbing bitch who never won the office of PM. She toppled Rudd in 2010 in a leadership challenge backed by the Unions, then sucked up to and subsequently betrayed three soft-cock independents to govern in a minority.

Rudd's our only chance of getting a full-blown fiber-optic network to our door in Australia because Gillard can't win the election. Tony Abbott will rape the NBN, rolling out a network with less than half the capacity, 1/10th of the speed of Labour's implementation, depending on your distance from the exchange (not a problem on fiber-optic). It'll also need to be largely replaced within the next decade, so it's a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention hundreds of other piss-poor policies he'll implement should the Libs win in a landslide.

I'm normally a Lib supporter, but not this time around...I want fiber-optic. The country needs it to be competitive in the coming decades, this is our only shot to get it right.
    Lol, hey I don't like any of them. I'll be voting for some random or just donkey vote.

True enough but he's sorta insane so that might not happen Yeah Abbott will just rape the whole country plus we'd have to see him in his budgie smugglers

I definitely agree with you there, can't let the country slide on this.

Lord of all Goat-Men

I'm normally a Lib supporter, but not this time around...I want fiber-optic. The country needs it to be competitive in the coming decades and this is our only shot to get it right.
    This is the only reason why I'm voting Labour, even though the mere thought of it makes me sick.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This is the only reason why I'm voting Labour, even though the mere thought of it makes me sick.
    Agreed. I'm happy for them to fuck up everything else for the next 3 years, just as long as the NBN rolls out.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, this is my first year voting, turned 18 in December, I'll probably vote Rudd or The Greens I don;t follow politics, lol.

For anyone also wanting cheap import sites, ozgameshop.com , they get your pre-orders to your door within a week!

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    This is insane

Even WITH the new R18+ rating that we got last year, it seems that SR4 isn't even acceptable for adult Aussies to play. While it says Refused Classification, the game isn't banned, meaning you are allowed to purchase it overseas (unoffically) but not 'display it openly'.

What do you think of this? As an Aussie I couldn't care less about SR4, but it's weird to see that adults, including myself (I recently turned 18) aren't even allowed to purchase games such as these. Weird.
    well for the first time ever you have a legit excuse of making a review 3-6 months late
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quiet you.

Rudd's our only chance of getting a full-blown fiber-optic network to our door in Australia because Gillard can't win the election. Tony Abbott will rape the NBN, rolling out a network with less than half the capacity and 1/10th of the speed of Labour's implementation, depending on your distance from the exchange (not a problem on fiber-optic).

Oh, and the Libs will charge you several thousand dollars if you want to replace the copper to your door with fiber-optic, we get that for nothing with Labour. The Lib's NBN will also need to be largely replaced within the next decade, so it's a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention hundreds of other piss-poor policies Abbott will implement unchallenged should the Libs win both Houses in a landslide. He's a headkicker and a royal c**t who should never be allowed to govern this country.

I just thought the whole thing shows how pointless it is to vote for for a party just based upon the leader here since they just boot them out when they feel it suits them, and then panic about it and try and get him back into the top job later on I really hate how gillard always feels the need to comment on every little thing that happens most of the times I see her on the news is about something not even relevant to politics at all or over the leadership issues lately.

Its really voting for the lesser of two evils which for me is getting in the NBN because we need it as a country and will help businesses actually function at all well or competitively in the future globally even with our higher cost of producing things to export it can still help service businesses a lot also... and for the gamesssssssss.

Just read about rudd getting back his position that the people of australia actually voted on in the first place lol, like I said politicians/parties will just change whatever they feel like to suit them after they have won an elections even if most people wouldn't agree with it (in this case they only seem to have done it due to opinion polls)

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    For me, politicians and nappies should be changed often, and thrown in the bin, for the exact same reasons. This just proves it.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    For anyone also wanting cheap import sites, ozgameshop.com , they get your pre-orders to your door within a week!
    I missed that one

Ozgameshop is the shit. Their loyalty points program has saved me more than a few bucks.

Lvl 7 - Gold

“The game includes a weapon referred to by the Applicant as an ‘Alien Anal Probe’, said the Australian Classification Board in a statement. “The Applicant states that this weapon can be ‘shoved into enemy’s backsides’. The lower half of the weapon resembles a sword hilt and the upper part contains prong-like appendages which circle around what appears to be a large dildo which runs down the centre of the weapon. “When using this weapon the player approaches a (clothed) victim from behind and thrusts the weapon between the victim’s legs and then lifts them off the ground before pulling a trigger which launches the victim into the air. After the probe has been implicitly inserted into the victim’s anus the area around their buttocks becomes pixelated highlighting that the aim of the weapon is to penetrate the victim’s anus.

HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

PRO Member

I missed that one

Ozgameshop is the shit. Their loyalty points program has saved me more than a few bucks.
    I've only bought one game from them, and it was over 3 months late. I just go by eBay.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I've only bought one game from them, and it was over 3 months late. I just go by eBay.
    Mine always came in like a week, once it took 3 weeks, but that was because they don't ship out during XMAS week.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    Mine always came in like a week, once it took 3 weeks, but that was because they don't ship out during XMAS week.
    Mine was in the middle of the year. I might try them again, though.

illegal in 9 countries

Issue resolved - Anal probe weapons responsible for Australian Saints Row IV banning - GameSpot.com

Volition is removing the Alien Anal Probe weapon and Alien Narcotics side-mission for Aussies. All a bit silly really...neither could be mistaken for realistic depictions of sexual violence or drug use.

Mine was in the middle of the year. I might try them again, though.
    Importing from any UK site typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. That's the trade-off I'm willing to pay to buy my games at 20-50% of local retail prices.

I've bought literally hundreds of games from the UK over the past 5 years, mostly from Zavvi, Ozgameshop and Game.co.uk and every single order has turned up. On the one occasion a game went missing, Zavvi replaced it, only for the original to turn up a day after I notified them.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Issue resolved - Anal probe weapons responsible for Australian Saints Row IV banning - GameSpot.com

Volition is removing the Alien Anal Probe weapon and Alien Narcotics side-mission for Aussies. All a bit silly really...neither could be mistaken for realistic depictions of sexual violence or drug use.

Importing from any UK site typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. That's the trade-off I'm willing to pay to buy my games at 20-50% of local retail prices.

I've bought literally hundreds of games from the UK over the past 5 years, mostly from Zavvi, Ozgameshop and Game.co.uk and every single order has turned up. On the one occasion a game went missing, Zavvi replaced it, only for the original to turn up a day after I notified them.

I still wouldn't say its resolved im kind of concerned they are going to ban other things for no real reason now, I mean breaking bad is one series I watch and there isn't really any reason for them to have a shit load of crystal meth in the series, and that is only rated MA15+ and it gets through fine, there's countless other examples of things like this getting through easily and getting thrown back for video games.
    Wish the R18 rating actually did what it was hoped to do for us in games but they seem to still be removing content from games anyway.

PRO Member

]

It seems that Zavvi only delivers to the UK for some odd reason.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I still wouldn't say its resolved im kind of concerned they are going to ban other things for no real reason now, I mean breaking bad is one series I watch and there isn't really any reason for them to have a shit load of crystal meth in the series, and that is only rated MA15+ and it gets through fine, there's countless other examples of things like this getting through easily and getting thrown back for video games.
    Wish the R18 rating actually did what it was hoped to do for us in games but they seem to still be removing content from games anyway.
    Meh, with shows. Nothings gonna stop them from banning those, because they can't.

They just think down under, that if we get the choice to shove massive dildos up anals and get "rewarded" for it, then we will go out and do it.

Local Drunk

Well another game just got banned from here for having drug use

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Well another game just got banned from here for having drug use
    State of Decay?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast