Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Update 4.46 is now live

This is a discussion on Update 4.46 is now live within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Who would wanna turn of the trophy notification?...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Who would wanna turn of the trophy notification?

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Plats-O'-War!!

Ok, I'm not online right now (just moved, and don't have internet), but I keep hearing about this update 4.45. I heard it bricked PS3's, and that 4.46 fixes that. My question is this: what else does 4.46 do?

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Ok, I'm not online right now (just moved, and don't have internet), but I keep hearing about this update 4.45. I heard it bricked PS3's, and that 4.46 fixes that. My question is this: what else does 4.46 do?
    The option to turn off trophy notifications, just like 4.45 was intended to do.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Model View Post
    The option to turn off trophy notifications, just like 4.45 was intended to do.
    That's it? Wow, thought it would do something else (outside of the trophy notifications; which IMHO wasn't needed, but whatever).

Lvl 6 - Silver

I was affected and now it works...

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

there was bricking issues ??? wow I guess I was out of the loop here all I know is my ps3 is working just fine and I didn't see what the point of this update was to turning off the trophies IMHO that is one reason that I play 95% of my games so why would I want to turn that off???? also wasn't there a rumor out there that they were giving trophy support to games that didn't have trophies a while ago what happen to that? if there messing with the trophy system already you would think that they would send that one through. Soooooo a patch to make you able to turn off trophies 0_o call me pissy and crazy but I find that this update was stupid to adding things that we didn't need that's kinda like the Xbone and its change to its system to send a patch to undo everything that they f****ed up at E3

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    That's it? Wow, thought it would do something else (outside of the trophy notifications; which IMHO wasn't needed, but whatever).

Well no, the ironic part was 4.45 was to provide two things. Turn off trophy notifications and (here's the rub) system stability. Guess they dropped the ball on that one and included it on 4.46.

I was one of the "lucky" ones and got bricked but so far, it's been smooth sailing with 4.46

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No probs on my end.

PRO Member

Just dl'ed and installed 4.46 (never got notified of 4.45; guess my poor Comcast connection this past week worked in my favor!) and no problems. Good luck to all!
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12