Oddworld Inhabitants dev Volunteer to remake Metal gear solid

This is a discussion on Oddworld Inhabitants dev Volunteer to remake Metal gear solid within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; News: Oddworld dev volunteers to remake Metal Gear Solid - ComputerAndVideoGames.com Dear Mr Kojima, We read with great excitement on ...

INTJ

Oddworld Inhabitants dev Volunteer to remake Metal gear solid

News: Oddworld dev volunteers to remake Metal Gear Solid - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Dear Mr Kojima,

We read with great excitement on VG247 that you were looking for a studio to work with to develop a Metal Gear Solid remake using the Fox Engine, that your team has been hard at work creating.

We at Just Add Water feel ideally positioned to do the remake justice for several reasons:

1) We have experience working with legendary IP (Oddworld Inhabitants) and treating the subject matter with the respect it deserves.
    2) Many members of our team are huge Metal Gear fans, with very good knowledge of the source material.
    3) We really, really want to do it.

For evidence of our abilities, please check out not only the HD treatment of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, released on PlayStation3, VITA and PC, but the current re-creation of Abe's Oddysee, titled Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty.

We eagerly await your response.

Love and cuddles,
    The JAW Team.

PRO Member

It's weird that they posted it for public view, I'd have done it privately. Every single studio in the world would love to do it, I don't think it's going to be that easy for them.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Oddworld = Legendary? Decent at best, but in no way is it legendary. That's like declaring Deathlok to be an iconic comic book character.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Oddworld = Legendary? Decent at best, but in no way is it legendary. That's like declaring Deathlok to be an iconic comic book character.
    Oddworld is actually a pretty big ip.

over 100 Industry awards. Abes Oddysee alone had 24 awards and 3 AIAS nominations.

first game ip i think to be nominated for a grammy too due to the movie that was made with cutscenes from the game.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Oddworld is actually a pretty big ip.

over 100 Industry awards. Abes Oddysee alone had 24 awards and 3 AIAS nominations
    Yes, it is also a dinosaur and nothing that has been expanded upon in far too long thanks to the original developer signing a ridiculously stupid deal with Microsoft and stabbing Sony in the back. Ever since then, the franchise has been fairly cursed and riding on it's own coattails. When you peak with your original title - you're not exactly "legendary" except for dragging on for too long.

I'm not saying Oddworld is not something, but to deem it "legendary" is a major stretch by anybody's means.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    I'm not saying Oddworld is not something, but to deem it "legendary" is a major stretch by anybody's means.
    I agree on that aspect. It might've been critically acclaimed and might've carried a huge fanbase for a while, but that's it. Ask most people out there if they still remember it and more than half wont, and surely many of them will think about Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath (which they'd be better off not remembering).

It'd make more sense for Bluepoint Games to ask for permission, given they did handle the HD ports of Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and Peace Walker, not to mention God of War, God of War II, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.