Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • TV

34 89.47%
  • Vita

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should I get?

This is a discussion on What should I get? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So my birthday was a few days ago and I have 250€ I want to spend in one of these ...

PRO Member

What should I get?

So my birthday was a few days ago and I have 250€ I want to spend in one of these two.

The first option is a TV for my room. I've found several 32" for that price, not Sony's or any major TV companies of course, but still good enough to play I think. Why I need a TV is because I can only play at night when everyone's sleeping or I'm alone since the TV is in the living room and it's always occupied. I'm a bit of an insomniac so I have no problem playing at night, but when I'm not going out and I want to play I literally have to wait until 1 AM to finally play.

The second option is to get a Vita. I've found this pack at Zavvi that sells the console, a 8GB card and 10 games for just 210€, way less expensive than everywhere else I've seen. I've been wanting one for a while, and it would also solve the problem of playing like a vampire. But with the TV I can also watch movies and shows and stuff whenever I want on a big screen.

PS Vita (Wi-Fi Enabled) Mega Pack (Includes 10 Games and 8Gb Memory Card) Games Consoles | Zavvi.es

I really don't know what to do here so I'm asking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'd get a TV if I were you. The Vita's nice and all but not having a TV restricts your playing time. Look at it this way. If Vita has a lot of games you want to play go for that, otherwise it'll just be sitting there.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I would probably go with a vita but I think that a price drop is going to be coming up with Ps4 release myself.

In your situation however it sounds like the Tv would be a better option since it limits your playtime, I use a 32 inch Tv the model I use has had a price drop and cut features since I got mine, im sure you can find a decent Tv for that just do your research on its capabilities first.

The link you posted for the vita comes up as 312 Euros when I looked at it, anyway a few people have said that 8GB cards are a bit to small since that can only hold about 4-5 games if they are decent sized 6-7 if theyre smaller ones though depends how you are going to use it.
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 06-28-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you have ps plus, I recommend the Vita. I picked mine up 3 weeks ago and I love it. Plus it's an internet browser, movie player, music player, mini console with great graphics.

The only sane person here

A TV would be the better choice imo

Rangers F.C

TV if I were you, if Sony is trying to pitch the PS4 with the Vita there might be a new model or a bundle on the way .

Oh and happy birthday .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'd get that vita. Deals like that don't come very often.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    If you have ps plus, I recommend the Vita. I picked mine up 3 weeks ago and I love it. Plus it's an internet browser, movie player, music player, mini console with great graphics.
    I do have Plus, and knowing I might get one I've been downloading the free games in the past so I already have quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    The link you posted for the vita comes up as 312 Euros when I looked at it, anyway a few people have said that 8GB cards are a bit to small since that can only hold about 4-5 games if they are decent sized 6-7 if theyre smaller ones though depends how you are going to use it.
    wow you're right, they must have changed it just now. It must be a mistake, I'll keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Oh and happy birthday .
    Thank you.

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it. I'm gonna wait a few more days to make up my mind.

PRO Member

TV, when i am at home I would play a ps3 over vita any day. And happy b-day

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

If you want my honest opinion, go with the TV. If you really want a Vita, make sure its for you. Check the games that are available and make sure your going to play them. Also, the memory card are extremely expensive, to the point where it should be illegal to sell them at that price. 8GB is practically nothing considering most games are 1GB+. As of now the Vita doesn't have a wide range of games to choose from, but its a great device. I own one, but I'm disappointed imo. I think you should wait till Christmas or other holidays to buy a Vita because their going to be really cheap. Happy Birthday.

Synthwave <3

I love my Vita, but I agree with most on here and would prefer getting a TV first over a Vita just because that way you will have more time to play without having to wait until the wee hours of night. If you want to get a Vita then maybe you'll be able to find one for a good deal or like some said get it as a bundle with the PS4.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Vita any time when the tv is busy once is free ps3 time oh yeah

Lvl 6 - Silver

Normally I'd say a TV, but that sounds pretty awesome Vita deal in that link...I wouldn't let a deal like that pass!

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

PRO Member

I'd only get a 32" TV if your income is limited. Otherwise I'd wait and save until you could get a much larger display, in the 50"+ zone, yet it's understandable depending on your source of income and its regularity.

If you're still living at home and birthday money is your main source of income, definitely get the 32" TV, as waiting until 1am to play video games sounds like a bad joke.

If the 10 games being offered in the Vita deal is more enticing than having 24h access to your current PS3 library, then by all means, go for the Vita. But really, either option is a win when it comes to your gaming hobby.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Local Drunk

Definitely get a TV so while you're enjoying your PS3 games and movies the Vita's price will drop. So getting a TV is better in the long run.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

The One and Only

Laid.

I think a TV is more worth the money. There's not that many interesting games on the Vita yet, pretty much the biggest setback imo. Plus, you can't go wrong with a new TV to watch some shows, movies, and play the PS3 and later the PS4!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Breakfast and Chill

Not sure what your options are for TVs (retailer wise) but in the US I was able to get a 40 inch LED set for just over $300

PRO Member

Looks like I'm getting a TV then. I've found the same Vita deal on other sites and you're right, it'll probably be less expensive once PS4 is out and hopefully have more games (in that deal I was only interesed in 2 or 3 games actually).

Thank you all for the replies and birthday wishes I appreciate it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Go for a TV. They can be had at a great price nowadays!

PRO Member

I say Tv, its a multi functional tool...not just for gaming....hook a computer to it...add Apple tv to it and you a radio/ boom box....and Television and Movie watching...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast