Finding Like-Minded Boosting Buddies

This is a discussion on Finding Like-Minded Boosting Buddies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys, I don't know if you're like me or not but I have some games that I wanna platinum, ...

PRO Member

Finding Like-Minded Boosting Buddies

Hey guys, I don't know if you're like me or not but I have some games that I wanna platinum, but I can't very well dedicate my every day to platting them, especially those with online boosting because doing that every day makes me hate the game and its no fun which ruins what was a good experience prior to that.

Another issue is, once you find a good playing groove with someone who helps you boost for a game you don't always have the same games to boost for after that and it would be nice to find some friends who play in a similar mentality as you do which will one, help make boosting easier/more fun and also, might make each other more willig to help boost games you may have already gotten trophies on if you follow the same wave length.

So what I suggest is a thread where we post our playing tendencies, like how long you like to play, things that make you mad/bored with boosting and just anything like that which comes to mind. Also list some games you're currently looking at or are in your que for playing soon that will need some help. Basically you're looking for trophy friends. That way you can find people and they can find you if you feel like you're "compatible" for more than just boosting GameX.

I'll start:

Hey Folks, I like a lot of different types of games from shooters to sports titles and quirky games like Fat Princess. I'm not usually in a hurry to finish my games when I get them. I like to play through them, enjoy the ride and story and on online, experience it for a bit, especially when I get a fun grour to play with. Sometimes I'm up for a bit of "power boosting" but usually like to spread it out for games that have a lot of boosting to go. On Co-op games I don't want to burn through it quickly, I like to explore and goof off for a bit, and basically just "hang out" while still playing the game toward the goal of beating it.

I work a full time job, Monday-Friday 9-5 so I like to use games to relax (and hopefully kick some ass online). I do have a fairly active social life but really love gaming so I tend to make the time to game at least 4-5 days a week if not more. Usually Will play Sunday night and if there's nothing going on, spend some time Friday/Saturday playing. I like to make jokes and like I said, want to boost trophies but like to have fun so really its pretty laid back with me.

PSN: bigdaddykraven
    Mic: Yes
    PS Camera: Yes
    PS Move: Yes
    Time Zone: EST
    Usual Game Time: 7pm (or 9pm) - 2am M-F and Randomly but usually in the Evenings on the Weekend

Games to Boost and Notes:

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Love the game just haven't played it much since too many good games came out. Looking for most "multiplayer" type trophies on it.
    GTA IV - Level 8 and figure about 880 fly the Noose Missions to go for platinum for that.
    Brutal Legend - Need pretty much all online trophies, including DLC
    MAG - Not really boostable but I have a Valor character, level 70. Need most trophies. I have a good fun clan I'm in too
    MLB 11 The Show - I platted MLB 10 and 09, will do it with 11 and any future MLB games.
    Call of Duty World At War - Just need DLC trophies. Have the Plat.
    Warhawk - 74%, just a lot of the high level stuff. Prolly can't boost it at this point but would play if I had friend.
    Killzone 3 - DLC Trophies
    Uncharted 2 - DLC Trophies
    Modnation Racers - Most of them
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Just a couple Multiplayer Left
    Dead Nation - Yep most of the Trophies still
    All Alien Breed Games - They're tough!
    Red Dead Redemption - Posse Up and a few of the other online.
    Army of 2 - Few Coop ones and most of the online Missing
    Resistance 2 - Yeah, 10K kills lol.

Pretty much just looking for more like-minded gamers/trophy hunters to have fun with and boost when the time comes. Not looking for someone who needs all the games I have listed above (I have more games I didn't even list), but if you have a few of them, add me (Make sure you say why in your message). If you have a similar schedule and mentality as me toward trophies and games then feel free to add me too.

If you don't match mine (or do and want more than just me as friends) put your info up here too and we'll get a nice list going. Hope to see you guys (or gals) soon.
    Last edited by bigdaddykraven; 10-10-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

so this is kind of like eharmony but for gamers?

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    so this is kind of like eharmony but for gamers?
    Lol I guess so, but without the awkward first date thing. Not looking for a girlfriend (have one thanks and she's more than I can handle) but just thought it'd be nice to find other gamers with the same interest levels in trophies and gaming. I just know I have some friends that blow through games and boost platinums faster than I really care to do.

Lvl 9 - Gold

what trophies are you wanting to boost on mag

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

alright i guess ill be the first:

hi guys i am the type of gamer that is dedicated to whatever game i play. i play a wide range of games from shooters like Call of duty to hardcore puzzle games like catherine. the only type of games i dont play are sports games, and driving games. i am dedicated trophy hunter as i aim to have a platinum trophy in EVERY game thats on my trophy list. i am a dedicated booster for i play in boosting sessions until everyone has achieved the trophy.

i am a student that is going to college next year so i manage my time wisely so i always finish my homework first. after all is done i play games till about 12 am or 1 depending if i have something important the next day. i am dedicated to playing games on the weekends. i also like interacting with my psn friends so even if you want to hit me up to chat its all good. if i make more psn friends my age or going to college/in college itd be great
    P.S. i limit my outside interaction for i weekends for brief periods of time so i can concentrate on getting to college

games to boost in the future would be games like MW3 and NINJA GAIDEN 3 .

PSN: AnAppealToHeaven

i dont have a mic or anything but i reply to every message that is sent to me

EDIT: i am on eastern standard time
    Last edited by El Jefe; 10-10-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Level 5 Esper

I guess I'll also take a shot at this ~~

Heys everyones, I'm a pretty dedicated gamer of the games that I really enjoy; In this case, it's mainly shooters, RPGs, and some driving games. I'm not the biggest fan of sports games and pure puzzle games. I'm pretty dedicated to most of the games. I've logged many many hours on Zombies Black Ops with little success but...I'm still optimistic

I'm an university student and I live away from home. I mainly play on my PS3 on weekends and long holidays. Basically I'll only be online during breaks but when I play...I am really into it and will give it my 100% focus. Err well when the Vita launches in North America, I will be on..... ALOT lol But my schedule for now is typically Friday and Saturday nights from 8ish to whenever and no life-ing it on Sunday to going back to campus.

I'm a pretty sociable person ~ If you shoot me a message to game or boost, I will reply as soon as I can

PSN: Frost425
    Future Games probably boosting:
    MW3
    may........be BF3 if I get it for Christmas
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

Just updated my first post to include time zone and time I usually game. Probably a good thing to have when looking for friends.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    what trophies are you wanting to boost on mag
    Wasn't really sure if you COULD boost anything on MAG. I don't have many of the trophies so anything I could really.

Crocodile Hunter

bigdaddykraven I can help you with - Dead Nation, Modnation Racers, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood i dnt know how to play MP tho, i gave my friend back Brutal Legend tho cause i already have the plat

Sig by Apokolypz

Huge Gaming Backlog

It would be great to make some boosting buddies. I play mostly first person shooters, RPG's and adventure games. The odd racer and sport game as well. I don't purchase DLC's for games so I can't really help out there unfortunately.
    PSN: reiner-
    MIC: yes

If anyone called help me get Demolition Man for Bad Company 2 I will be extremely grateful. Have been trying to get on and off for about six months. It's the last trophy I need.
    Also Medal of Honour. I think it's called fire controller. The one where you need to call in 6 or 7 support actions.

Games I have that I can help anyone with:

Killzone3, Resistance3, Bad Company2, NBA Jam, Fight Night round 4 ( can't help with the title belts though I don't know how anyone gets those), Hunted and OF Red River.
    Last edited by Reiner; 10-11-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Someone suggested before the site went down that there could be a system put in place that let everyone know whether or not fellow members were good for boosting, as in did they help you as much as you helped them, and not quit boosting once they got what they wanted - leaving you high and dry. Can't remember who suggested it, but I thought it was a pretty good idea.

I've added myself to some of the boosting lists for games, but one problem I do find is different time zones, so maybe this thread should be stickied?

Oh, and anyone can add me for Marvel Pinball - just mention it when sending the request.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven View Post
    Hey guys, I don't know if you're like me or not but I have some games that I wanna platinum, but I can't very well dedicate my every day to platting them, especially those with online boosting because doing that every day makes me hate the game and its no fun which ruins what was a good experience prior to that.

Another issue is, once you find a good playing groove with someone who helps you boost for a game you don't always have the same games to boost for after that and it would be nice to find some friends who play in a similar mentality as you do which will one, help make boosting easier/more fun and also, might make each other more willig to help boost games you may have already gotten trophies on if you follow the same wave length.

So what I suggest is a thread where we post our playing tendencies, like how long you like to play, things that make you mad/bored with boosting and just anything like that which comes to mind. Also list some games you're currently looking at or are in your que for playing soon that will need some help. Basically you're looking for trophy friends. That way you can find people and they can find you if you feel like you're "compatible" for more than just boosting GameX.

I'll start:

Hey Folks, I like a lot of different types of games from shooters to sports titles and quirky games like Fat Princess. I'm not usually in a hurry to finish my games when I get them. I like to play through them, enjoy the ride and story and on online, experience it for a bit, especially when I get a fun grour to play with. Sometimes I'm up for a bit of "power boosting" but usually like to spread it out for games that have a lot of boosting to go. On Co-op games I don't want to burn through it quickly, I like to explore and goof off for a bit, and basically just "hang out" while still playing the game toward the goal of beating it.

I work a full time job, Monday-Friday 9-5 so I like to use games to relax (and hopefully kick some ass online). I do have a fairly active social life but really love gaming so I tend to make the time to game at least 4-5 days a week if not more. Usually Will play Sunday night and if there's nothing going on, spend some time Friday/Saturday playing. I like to make jokes and like I said, want to boost trophies but like to have fun so really its pretty laid back with me.

PSN: bigdaddykraven
    Mic: Yes
    PS Camera: Yes
    PS Move: Yes
    Time Zone: EST
    Usual Game Time: 7pm (or 9pm) - 2am M-F and Randomly but usually in the Evenings on the Weekend

Games to Boost and Notes:

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Love the game just haven't played it much since too many good games came out. Looking for most "multiplayer" type trophies on it.
    GTA IV - Level 8 and figure about 880 fly the Noose Missions to go for platinum for that.
    Brutal Legend - Need pretty much all online trophies, including DLC
    MAG - Not really boostable but I have a Valor character, level 70. Need most trophies. I have a good fun clan I'm in too
    MLB 11 The Show - I platted MLB 10 and 09, will do it with 11 and any future MLB games.
    Call of Duty World At War - Just need DLC trophies. Have the Plat.
    Warhawk - 74%, just a lot of the high level stuff. Prolly can't boost it at this point but would play if I had friend.
    Killzone 3 - DLC Trophies
    Uncharted 2 - DLC Trophies
    Modnation Racers - Most of them
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Just a couple Multiplayer Left
    Dead Nation - Yep most of the Trophies still
    All Alien Breed Games - They're tough!
    Red Dead Redemption - Posse Up and a few of the other online.
    Army of 2 - Few Coop ones and most of the online Missing
    Resistance 2 - Yeah, 10K kills lol.

Pretty much just looking for more like-minded gamers/trophy hunters to have fun with and boost when the time comes. Not looking for someone who needs all the games I have listed above (I have more games I didn't even list), but if you have a few of them, add me (Make sure you say why in your message). If you have a similar schedule and mentality as me toward trophies and games then feel free to add me too.

If you don't match mine (or do and want more than just me as friends) put your info up here too and we'll get a nice list going. Hope to see you guys (or gals) soon.
    we could boost the 10k kills you need dlc map and 2nd controller

PRO Member

Glad people are getting usage out of it. I'm replying to people with PMs so we don't clutter it up too much.

As this grows too I'm also thinking of a way to add links or make a list in the first post so others can come in and find who/what they are looking for more easily. Please feel free to make suggestions on that. I'm thinking of a list, linking to people by Timezone or playing time or something but not sure what would be best. Suggest away

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Dead Island Riptide, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 Co-Op, Killzone 3 DLC, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Im lvl 9 on GTA and also on EST and play around the same time as you. If you wanna boost let me know.

Thanks,
    Clipless_Grenade

Sig by Sigs & Beyond : Bladia

PRO Member

Ok those of you who have expressed interest in the games I play should be getting (or have) an invite from me. Keep it going for new folks and I'll adapt the first post to be sort of a "listing" page.

NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS - I Will Decline Them

Wanna Boost? - Dead Island Riptide, Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3 Co-Op, Killzone 3 DLC, Warhawk, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Portal 2, Sacred 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Nation

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Need help boosting in Warhawk.

PSN DannyG791

(in invite inc why you are adding me so I know who you are)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Iīm kinda not sure if I wanna do this but, well, thereīs first time for anything.

Iīm playing some Arcana Hear 3, I REALLY suc at it, but maybe someone wanna have some fun without getting mad that I suc. Timezone GMT+1

I may result to spam and cheap attacks to win. Cuz I havenīt learned any combos.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 6 - Silver

Cool. I like the idea of this thread. I will highlight the important bits to save you reading it all.

Well I'm into a fair few styles of games but mostly stuff like Batman, Uncharted, God Of War etc as I do not do much online gaming. Though I do like RPG's, some racing games etc, pretty much anything that I can get a few hours entertainment out of. I hate FPS's except for Resistance pretty much, so I don't own any except that.

I usually play for 2-4 hours at a time, mostly weeknights as I'm not at work (though at the moment I'm not at work at all, so I got a loooot of free time to be playing...). I am GMT so may be different from a lot of you.

I don't mind helping people boost, if I can expect the same in return. Though my net connection is pretty shit to be fair which doesn't help..

I am currently running through a bunch of games that I can plat on single player - God of war 2 (then I got GoW3 to finish up on), Uncharted 2 (I have Siege but as another thread I started said, I can't get it to work... so I'll try sort that out), then going to start Tomb Raider Trilogy, Prince Of Persia Trilogy and Need For Speed The Run (though obvs the single player on these can wait pretty much, as I would not like the servers to be taken down for any of the other games before I get as much out of them as I can!).

Online games
    that I have to plat (for these I need pretty much, if not all, the online trophies so I have a long way to go on all of them...) :

Grand Theft Auto 4
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    Resident Evil 5
    Little Big Planet
    Uncharted 2
    (Siege, will get the other dlc at some point)

Accessories:
    er, none. Not even a dual shock. So don't expect microphone communication if you play online with me.

People have added me for various games, and as I say, I will happily play with you but I need to know times when you're on etc...

Think that about sums it up? This post should be stickied?
    Last edited by Nookie_Egg; 01-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [