Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

PS3/PS4 Trophies Matter, Get Ready

This is a discussion on PS3/PS4 Trophies Matter, Get Ready within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I guess I've no chance compared to other players, I don't have a lot of trophies...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I guess I've no chance compared to other players, I don't have a lot of trophies

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

INTJ

sony finally gets it through their heads that trophies should mean something.

only took someone like 7 years.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Thank God Nintendo is on the ball, eh?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Thank God Nintendo is on the ball, eh?
    either have no achievements at all or have acheivements that matter

thats how i feel. no point in adding trivial shit if it does nothing.

Negator

either have no achievements at all or have acheivements that matter

thats how i feel. no point in adding trivial shit if it does nothing.
    Nintendo and 'trivial shit' kinda go hand-in-hand these days.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

7 Years! Trophies hasnt been out for 7 years. 5 years as of two days ago to be exact.

Besides I dont really give a flying fuck about trophies meaning something. I want to get trophies just as a way of seeing my personal accomplishment in my games. Thats a good enough meaning for me

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    7 Years! Trophies hasnt been out for 7 years. 5 years as of two days ago to be exact.

Besides I dont really give a flying fuck about trophies meaning something. I want to get trophies just as a way of seeing my personal accomplishment in my games. Thats a good enough meaning for me
    Achievements have been out since 2005 on the xbox.

i wasn't just counting Ps3 trophies

Games are all about awarding you for doing things. trophies/achievements do not reward you for doing anything. The first minute or two of the deadpool game explains acheivements perfectly.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Achievements have been out since 2005 on the xbox.

i wasn't just counting Ps3 trophies

Games are all about awarding you for doing things. trophies/achievements do not reward you for doing anything. The first minute or two of the deadpool game explains acheivements perfectly.
    It rewards you with trophies. Like I said its about personal accomplishments. You get a good feeling when you accomplish a platinum trophy in a game. I don't care for rewards like some people do. The fact of getting a platinum trophy is good enough for me. You wouldnt know that since your not really a trophy hunter anyway

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    You wouldnt know that since your not really a trophy hunter anyway
    If they rewarded me with shit i would

Do i need to pull out my golden potato agaib

Lvl 9 - Gold

This conversation has devolved into "reward-ception", seriously... trophies are rewards for in-game accomplishments. Why should you get rewards for unlocking rewards???

IF Sony, or Microsoft, chose to make them actually worth something, like others have said, it would only encourage the hackers. No need to monetize something with absolutely no value.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    This conversation has devolved into "reward-ception", seriously... trophies are rewards for in-game accomplishments. Why should you get rewards for unlocking rewards???

IF Sony, or Microsoft, chose to make them actually worth something, like others have said, it would only encourage the hackers. No need to monetize something with absolutely no value.
    so "think about the hackers" is the new "think about the children" now apparently.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    OK, The link is not even from an official SONY site so this could just be a jacked up advert and if it isn't why would they just want gold trophies and not the top prize the coveted platinum. It would be nice for SONY to offer prizes for getting trophies but where's the true gaming in that. I think for myself trophies have kinda ruined a lot of experiences on a lot of great titles like finding all the treasures in Uncharted 2 I did that and haven't even played through it a second time and I have for number 3 because I just played the game without even looking at the trophy list and a lot of people didn't like the third as much as the second but I myself thought it was better on all accounts.
    Shush. The link is a screenshot I took of the video paused on the advert.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Trophies haven't even been around that long. If SONY actually got it through their heads they would hire a new marketing team.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Yomonachi View Post
    Shush. The link is a screenshot I took of the video paused on the advert.

NP, I seen it

Lvl 9 - Gold

so "think about the hackers" is the new "think about the children" now apparently.
    Do you even know what "think about the children" refers to? Cause if you did, you'd realize that your own comment contradicts itself. The only ones here who want us to "think of the hackers" are those in support of monetizing something that's not worth anything.

Negator

The only ones here who want us to "think of the hackers" are those in support of monetizing something that's not worth anything.
    /thread

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Do you even know what "think about the children" refers to? Cause if you did, you'd realize that your own comment contradicts itself. The only ones here who want us to "think of the hackers" are those in support of monetizing something that's not worth anything.
    I don't think supporters are worried about hackers
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123