Gameshare question

This is a discussion on Gameshare question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok, so I've had my brothers ps3 account on my system for a few years. He has quite a few ...

Bob 'n' Becca

Gameshare question

Ok, so I've had my brothers ps3 account on my system for a few years. He has quite a few PSN downloads. I've been able to fully enjoy titles before, meaning I've been able to unlock trophies while playing. That's how I got access to the BTTF episodes. I'm unable to experience newer downloads of his at all, because his other brother has a system linked to the account, which I understand, but there are some games that I haven't been able to get trophies for. Sam and Max is one example, and possibly the only one I have to give. My question is does anybody know why I'm able to play the game but not unlock any trophies? It's not like a trial, where its just not unlocking trophies. The trophy data doesn't show up on my account, and I've booted it up and played some before.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Negator

Anything purchased prior to November 2011 is available on up to 5 active consoles at once, while content purchased after Nov '11 can only be active on 2 consoles.

Just a friendly reminder, gamesharing is against the forum rules. This includes open discussions about the subject as well.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Anything purchased prior to November 2011 is available on up to 5 active consoles at once, while content purchased after Nov '11 can only be active on 2 consoles.

Just a friendly reminder, gamesharing is against the forum rules. This includes open discussions about the subject as well.
    Didn't know it was against the rules. You'll never hear me mention it again.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Just curious, if any of those 2 consoles is deactivated, is the content available on a third console?

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Just curious, if any of those 2 consoles is deactivated, is the content available on a third console?
    "Deactivating" means you're freeing one of the 2 slots for that content. Content is limited to 2 (or 5) currently active systems.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I honestly don't consider family "game sharing" bad. My brothers and I have all of our accounts on one PS3 and we'll all chip in to buy a game and all use it instead of all of us buying it.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

"Deactivating" means you're freeing one of the 2 slots for that content. Content is limited to 2 (or 5) currently active systems.

Thanks for the clarification.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    I honestly don't consider family "game sharing" bad. My brothers and I have all of our accounts on one PS3 and we'll all chip in to buy a game and all use it instead of all of us buying it.
    Point taken.

The admins of this site, however, prefer to keep that subject off these forums.