Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Trophy Hackers

This is a discussion on Trophy Hackers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo I know they r happy reading this topic Yeah, this thread isn't really helping anything....

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    I know they r happy reading this topic
    Yeah, this thread isn't really helping anything.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

I know my trophies are clean. I just have fun gaming for the sake of gaming nothing more.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sony are clamping down on hackers, if they are doing it via a cfw ps3 they are finding them and giving them a console ban their stats on leaderboards will remain but their console will be useless lol.

my son used a gamesave on my old account hence the new low account so i too hate the cheaters but dont really care as its so obvious who cheats these days.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Why do you care? Does it really matter what someone else does. Hackers will always be around and on this site, get over it.
    Took the words right out of my mouth, its not even a world ranking its just this site and 95% of the people on the leaderboards take nothing to do with this site .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    oh and another gripe.... Microsoft bans point cheaters.... Sony doesn't... that irks me
    i think you find that Sony does ban trophy hackers, many people have been banned for it

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny448 View Post
    Sony are clamping down on hackers, if they are doing it via a cfw ps3 they are finding them and giving them a console ban their stats on leaderboards will remain but their console will be useless lol.

my son used a gamesave on my old account hence the new low account so i too hate the cheaters but dont really care as its so obvious who cheats these days.
    it's not hard to get a different concole ID and unban the console though

Sig by: djunglist

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by georget1996 View Post
    it's not hard to get a different concole ID and unban the console though

Lvl 9 - Gold

How many times have I seen a thread about trophy hackers?

Ignore them and concentrate on yourself

member since Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Just one of the reasons I haven't ploughed any money into this site in years...

I was going to run a comp with a substantial prize pool earlier this year to help with a membership drive, but decided with the amount of cheaters on the Leaderboards here, it'd be too easy to rig my contest and there's nothing I could do about it based on this site's limitations. I'd have to use competing websites to filter out the cheats, so what's the point in dropping my dime to support this site when the Admins aren't doing anything to improve it?

Sister site?...fuck that, it's a lame excuse to use a site that I don't care about instead of solving the problem for our community. It's not that hard to implement clean Leaderboards using timestamp checks (eg time difference between 1st trophy and Platinum trophy), but there seems to be no motivation to do it and the buck is passed up the chain to Sony. Until that time, I'll keep my money.
    I recall before the the site imploded, the admins were removing the hackers from the boards. After the rebirth they stopped filtering the boards because they needed the hackers to help them with the trophy database. There was a thread one of the admins telling us to get over it after members started to complain about it after they reverted to the old board.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    I recall before the the site imploded, the admins were removing the hackers from the boards. After the rebirth they stopped filtering the boards because they needed the hackers to help them with the trophy database. There was a thread one of the admins telling us to get over it after members started to complain about it after they reverted to the old board.
    That was coming up for 2 years ago now? The database should be fixed by now and measures can be done to start cleaning out the hackers and whatnot. It doesn't bother me with my stats or anything, but it would help the site as a whole, and keeping them there seems pointless when it is clearly annoying users and preventing the sustained improvement in the site, like as ant1th3s1s said, not wanting to run comps or such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12