Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trophy Hackers

This is a discussion on Trophy Hackers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Why are people like this allowed on the site: Trophy_Dreamz's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Trophy Hackers

Why are people like this allowed on the site:

Trophy_Dreamz's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yeah Ive wondered the same thing. Too bad there wasnt a button where you could see a leader board without the losers in it.

Roo Commander

Why do you care? Does it really matter what someone else does. Hackers will always be around and on this site, get over it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yes. It is quite a pesky problem to put out. The simple solution? Don't give them the satisfaction of caring.

It beats me why anyone in their right mind would hack 'trophies' and 'achievements' as if they are meaningful on the grand scale of things.

To each their own.

Negator

As I've mentioned already today, if you're unhappy with the way our leaderboards are constructed, feel free to try our sister site.

PSN Trophy Leaders | Main Leaderboard

Lvl 2 - Bronze

what difference it make to you, as you still far away from getting close to to the highest legit one.

just enjoy

The One and Only

As long as they're not keeping you from earning trophies, then you shouldn't care about what they do. Just worry about your trophies and everything will be okay. Let the hackers do what they want, and they'll have whatever consequences they'll have hit them.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

To em have a nice day

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's not just the top leaderboards it's the first earnt list as well, they are all polluted

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm just wondering why you don't remove them when it's obvious and they are pointed out

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    As I've mentioned already today, if you're unhappy with the way our leaderboards are constructed, feel free to try our sister site.

PSN Trophy Leaders | Main Leaderboard
    First time I've ever heard of that site or it being a 'sister site' to here. I remember the old 'sister site' though, that one has clean and dirty leaderboards as well

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Lvl 6 - Silver

it doesnt bother me because all my trophies are legit... and I never plat easy kid games like Toy Story to get trophies..... the only thing that DOES bother me... is my trophy rank is lower than it should be because of assholes who cheat trophies... higher ranks aren't possible without cheating which is stupid

Lvl 6 - Silver

oh and another gripe.... Microsoft bans point cheaters.... Sony doesn't... that irks me

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    oh and another gripe.... Microsoft bans point cheaters.... Sony doesn't... that irks me
    Might that have something to do with the fact that Microsoft makes you pay for their online experience while Sony does not?

illegal in 9 countries

Just one of the reasons I haven't ploughed any money into this site in years...

I was going to run a comp with a substantial prize pool earlier this year to help with a membership drive, but decided with the amount of cheaters on the Leaderboards here, it'd be too easy to rig my contest and there's nothing I could do about it based on this site's limitations. I'd have to use competing websites to filter out the cheats, so what's the point in dropping my dime to support this site when the Admins aren't doing anything to improve it?

Sister site?...fuck that, it's a lame excuse to use a site that I don't care about instead of solving the problem for our community. It's not that hard to implement clean Leaderboards using timestamp checks (eg time difference between 1st trophy and Platinum trophy), but there seems to be no motivation to do it and the buck is passed up the chain to Sony. Until that time, I'll keep my money.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 07-06-2013 at 07:45 AM.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmon133 View Post
    First time I've ever heard of that site or it being a 'sister site' to here. I remember the old 'sister site' though, that one has clean and dirty leaderboards as well
    "Sister site" comes straight from the admins.

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    Sony does ban hackers, and they've been doing it with greater frequency this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sister site?...fuck that
    Just trying to calm the shitstorm.

All these sites are connected in some way or another anyway.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Just trying to calm the shitstorm.
    I'm not having a go at you Helyx, you know I wouldn't do that. I just don't see a reason to visit a third-party site when a simple, working solution to the problem isn't hard to implement. We know it's possible, one look in Sly's direction tells us it's very possible and it's a cornerstone of that community's outstanding reputation, along with ongoing and regular site improvements, which are both community and management-driven.

What bothers me about this debate is the inconsistent approach at the management level. Thou shalt not discuss trophy hacking, game sharing, save gave sharing, Xploder, Game Genie or CFW, but we don't give a shit about these fuckers polluting the Leaderboards.

If you're going to take the moral high-ground, be consistent. Either do everything you can to support a clean, healthy community, or open the floodgates and become NGU or PS3Hax.

Anyway...that's the only major gripe I have with this place. I love it or I wouldn't have been here for so long. Hopefully the opinions of guys like myself, Helyx and Lee hold some weight with management and it's up to us to exert that influence to make positive change happen.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Trophy hackers= LOSERS

PRO Member

I know they r happy reading this topic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast