Bronze BS & Other Stories of Improperly Leveled' Trophies

This is a discussion on Bronze BS & Other Stories of Improperly Leveled' Trophies within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sorry if a thread already exists for this - I ran some searches and didn't see anything so I figured ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bronze BS & Other Stories of Improperly Leveled' Trophies

Sorry if a thread already exists for this - I ran some searches and didn't see anything so I figured I'd create this thread since I also don't recall seeing one like it.......

Ever popped a trophy and been like "WTF ?!?!?!?! All that and it's only a Bronze?!?!?!" Or "That should be a gold / silver!!!! WTH?!?!?" or something along those lines? Well, this thread is for pointing out examples of such and saying whatever you will about them. I'll offer a few examples of my own that I thought were Bullshit:

BULLETSTORM : Anarchy Master - Achieve a score of at least 50,000 as a team in Anarchy mode (Bronze)
    Seriously?? A trophy that requires this much cooperation, concentration and communication in such an incredibly fast-paced and chaotic environment should at the very least be a silver.

JUST CAUSE 2 : Perfectionist -
    Reach 75% completion in the normal mode or mercenary mode. (Bronze)
    Doesn't sound all that bad off the bat, until you realize just how much has to be done to achieve that. No matter what you 'accomplish' during the course of the game, nothing (that I can think of off hand) counts for more than 0.14% towards completion. And even that's a generous stat, as most are more like 0.01% or . A very fun game, but this trophy is a very brutal, grinding, slog towards the last 25% or so......

ALIENS vs. PREDATOR : I LOVE the corps! -
    Complete Marine Campaign on Nightmare difficulty setting (Silver)
    Not an egregious infraction, this one, but this is absolutely one of the more brutal trophies I've obtained out of the few thousand I have. 6 levels worth of no checkpoints, an absolutely punishing, ferocious difficulty and you have yourself what SHOULD be a gold trophy, but alas, is naught but a silver.

And there you have it......

What have you?

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 9 - Gold

I definitely agree with your Just Cause 2 example that was ridiculous requirement.

The one I can think of right now is

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic - GTA IV - Win in all variatians of multiplayer games. (bronze) seriously there is so many requirements for this trophy that takes hours and you need to have somebody to boost with which would take double time unless they already have it and are just helping. Also the mention on this occasionally glitching and making you start again.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Very few developers give their archievements porpuse other than Sony/MS/Steam put them, few of them analize how worth the accomplishments gamers do in their games are generally worth it and how to reward players.

The most insane trophy list where most of their trophies should be Gold tier, Lost Planet 2, fucking trophy list.

Lost Planet 2 / 300 Chapter Playback : [FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Play through 300 Chapters. Pretty much insane if you take into account that the campaign is 8 hours long and only contains 12 chapters. HEY REPLAY OUR FUCKING GAME AND BEAT IT 30 TIMES AND DONT GET BORED![/FONT]
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Very few developers give their archievements porpuse other than Sony/MS/Steam put them, few of them analize how worth the accomplishments gamers do in their games are generally worth it and how to reward players.

The most insane trophy list where most of their trophies should be Gold tier, Lost Planet 2, fucking trophy list.
    No, the developers choose their worth.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    No, the developers choose their worth.
    the whole point of this thread is to show they dont (choose wisely and according to what the accomplishment really take the effort to accomplish), they just put it there.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    the whole point of this thread is to show they dont (choose wisely and according to what the accomplishment really take the effort to accomplish), they just put it there.
    I understand that, I just misread your post, thinking you were saying Microsoft/Sony choose the worth.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 7 - Gold

AC Brotherhood Abstergos Employee Of The Month (bronze) that was so insanely inappropriate.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Change is mediocre

In all honesty, who cares? It's supposed to symbolize that you've done something in a game, a reward for doing it. There are games with hard bronzes and others with easy golds, so the amount of bronze, silver or gold trophies really shouldn't matter to anyone.

However, here's a few that I know of:

BioShock Infinite: Hearbreaker - Killed a Handyman by only shooting his heart.

If you didn't do the glitch where you could trap the handyman behind crates, this trophy was hard as hell because it took a lot of precision to shoot one spot on a guy that jumps around so much.

Portal 2: Still Alive - Complete Course 4 with neither you nor your co-op partner dying

This takes about 20 minutes, sure, but most of the easiest parts to screw up in are at the end and redoing the entire course just sucks major gonads. Plus you actually have to have a partner that knows how to do all of the puzzles or you will kill them and be a convicted felon, then flee the country and live under the alias of Hernandez Notconvict.

Twisted Metal: All sales are final - Win at least 1 Ranked Online game per day for 30 straight days

Everyone that has played Twisted Metal has to agree with me on this one. This trophy is the assiest of ass, one of the toughest bronzes I know. There's absolutely no way around it, no switching your clock on the PS3, you actually have to win once for 30 days straight. If the servers are down? If you can't get into a match due to hardly anyone playing? Can't get on one day due to business or power-outages? You're fucked.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    In all honesty, who cares? It's supposed to symbolize that you've done something in a game, a reward for doing it. There are games with hard bronzes and others with easy golds, so the amount of bronze, silver or gold trophies really shouldn't matter to anyone.
    Yeah but the purpose of there being bronze, silver and gold trophies is to tell you what the difficulty of the trophy is and sometimes the system is messed up with easy golds and hard bronze

Negator

Here's the thread you're looking for. Toughest Bronze Trophies

...and, my thoughts on the topic. Toughest Bronze Trophies

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay