Game lies about having trophies!!!!!

This is a discussion on Game lies about having trophies!!!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I picked up lego batman combo pack it says on the back of the game it has trophies i ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Game lies about having trophies!!!!!

So I picked up lego batman combo pack it says on the back of the game it has trophies i looked all over the internet and everything says it doesnt and all posts are from around 2008 but there are videos on youtube of achevment/ trophy guides for the game but after playing the game for a bit even being online there is no patch and nothig shows up in the xmb under trophies but it says printed on the game case that it has multiplayer and trophies!!!! WT!!! i even checked on the webisite for the game which takes you to the WB webite which has lego batman 2 on it but not the first lego batman. Can anyone tell me WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?!

PRO Member

That's really weird..

according to this site it does not have trophies All PlayStation Trophy Games (starting with l) - PS3Trophies

O_o

Metal Gear Solid 4 greatest hits version had trophy support mentioned on the backside and it didn't have any, though they were patched in recently.

I think it was Sony's way to re-standardize printed sleeves near the time trophies were introduced.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 4 had trophy support mentioned on the backside and it didn't have any, though they were patched in recently.
    I don't think that's true, just checked my MGS4 and it doesn't.

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    I don't think that's true, just checked my MGS4 and it doesn't.
    I meant the Greatest Hits version, oops.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No, the first LEGO Batman doesn't have trophies, I guess they never got around to releasing that patch...

It does have Achievements on the 360 though so those are probably what the YouTube guides you found are for. The same goes for the first LEGO Indiana Jones game, the first one just has 360 Achievements. I was hoping that they would eventually put out a trophy patch for both games because I love me some LEGO games but it looks like it's never going to happen...

Lvl 8 - Gold

It's the end of the world!!!

Playing a game without trophies isn't gonna kill you...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post

that's not his point, his point is that the case of the game says that it does have trophies when it actually hasn't

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

I ran across this same thing, but it was with "Saint's Row 2" the back has listed "trophies" where they normally stick it, but it actually doesn't have trophies. Kind of a bummer man, sorry about all that.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post

Troll fail
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Isn't day why dis site was created? To help us get more trophies? Just got Platinum 69 last night for De Last of Us.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Hey maybe this guy has a perfect lawsuit for false advertising and if it goes to court then watch WB tack on trophy support just so they don't need to pay out. (sarcasm)

My question is was the combo pack the Walmart Lego Batman 2 and as a bonus the first Lego Batman for free? and if so you got 2 games for the price of one so if you're only playing because of the trophies and seeing the first title doesn't have trophy support then just donate to a sick kids hospital and let the kids enjoy playing it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by a_random_dude View Post
    Troll fail
    You might want to stop using words that you think are cool on the internet or at least learn what they mean...

The guy's post sounded like it was the end of the world for him. It doesn't matter if the game case said the game had trophies or not. What matters is that he overreacted in his post and that's what I replied to, suggesting he shouldn't stress over trophies that much.