Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rare Games

This is a discussion on Rare Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I had a hell of a time finding a copy of Fritz Chess and a reasonable price. I live in ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I had a hell of a time finding a copy of Fritz Chess and a reasonable price. I live in the US too and they don't sell it here but I managed to import a copy so maybe that one.

O_o

Hm, some Guitar Hero/Rock Band bundles and clear case copies of early PS3 games are pretty tough to find in the wild, let alone at a decent price.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I just discovered Power Gig Rise of the Six String at a flea market not overly rare game to find but when you have the guitar with it makes for a pretty rare find. The guitar looks cool and I want it big time. If I get it it will remain sealed.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I had a hell of a time finding a copy of Fritz Chess and a reasonable price. I live in the US too and they don't sell it here but I managed to import a copy so maybe that one.
    Ive been debating with buying Fritz Chess on eBay for over a year. I want to play it really badly. I've had no luck with finding it elsewhere.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Notorious K.I.D.

Cross Edge: Had it once and now can't find a copy, wish I never got rid of it.

Disgaea 3: Same as above.

Trinity Universe: Even more of the same.

Valkyria Chronicles: No trophies, but one of the best RPG's I've had the pleasure to play.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hyperdimension Neptunia is pretty rare, at least in the stores I've been in. It's also pretty tough to find a nice copy of The Orange Box anywhere outside of Ebay, although that doesn't have trophies.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Are you referring to Absence of Justice, or is there a different one? I know of Absence of Detention.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Are you referring to Absence of Justice, or is there a different one? I know of Absence of Detention.
    Absence of Justice is the one I'm talking about, the Detention one is for Vita I believe. While we're on the topic, you'll notice that the games I mentioned (minus Valkyria) are all NIS games. You really can't go wrong with any of them, plenty of bang for your buck as they contain hundreds of hours worth of gameplay.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Galaxy beauty pirate

Absence of Justice is the one I'm talking about, the Detention one is for Vita I believe. While we're on the topic, you'll notice that the games I mentioned (minus Valkyria) are all NIS games. You really can't go wrong with any of them, plenty of bang for your buck as they contain hundreds of hours worth of gameplay.
    O, nice to know! So they're 2 different games actually. I always thought the PS3 and Vita version of Disgaea were the same. I will be sure to get the Vita one then.

On topic: Is Katamari easy to get in the US?
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Jurassic: The Hunted, I couldn't find this game in where I live -.-

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Valkyria Chronicles: No trophies, but one of the best RPG's I've had the pleasure to play.
    There's a pawnshop in my old city that had Trinity Universe for $40 and they still have Cross Edge for I think $30 and about a year+ ago they had Eternal Sonata for $30. EB Games in the city I live in now had Trinity Universe brand new at the beginning of this year and that's why I didn't buy the used copy and now both are gone. Will hunt that title down and get Cross Edge and Eternal Sonata next month we have over 20 pawnshops and about 10 others stores that sell used games and 7 EB Games so I'm bound to find them.

PRO Member

I managed to get all of these games on the day I bought my PS3 here in the UK, I'll admit I rarely see them second hand now and a new copy is like trying to find a unicorn. I really wish I never traded in my copy of Trinity Universe too my first game and first platinum, never seen a copy since.

I haven't seen many copies of the Ateilier series of games for a while over here in the UK, Rorona especially. Oh and Last Rebellion, rubbish game but haven't seen it in stores in ages.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ive been debating with buying Fritz Chess on eBay for over a year. I want to play it really badly. I've had no luck with finding it elsewhere.
    When I bought it, I got it for 25 dollars shipped from the UK. The very same day, I looked for a second copy and the only one I found was 117 dollars so I got insanely lucky with that. I feel like it's going to hold its value simply for its rarity here in the states.

♚ Overlord ♔

I say any Jrpg type game is pretty rare or any game made my Japan that was underrated in America is consider rare.

Ex.

Hyperdimension Neptunia games
    Valkyrie Chronicles
    Resonance of fate
    Tales of Graces F
    Ooga Knell of Ar Ciel
    Disgaea games
    Folklore
    Virtue last reward

These are easily obtainable on ebay or amazon but gamestop will probably never have these again unless your lucky with the trade ins

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    I say any Jrpg type game is pretty rare or any game made my Japan that was underrated in America is consider rare.

Ex.

Hyperdimension Neptunia games
    Valkyrie Chronicles
    Resonance of fate
    Tales of Graces F
    Ooga Knell of Ar Ciel
    Disgaea games
    Folklore
    Virtue last reward

These are easily obtainable on ebay or amazon but gamestop will probably never have these again unless your lucky with the trade ins
    Folklore is ALWAYS at the game stops I go to.

♚ Overlord ♔

Folklore is ALWAYS at the game stops I go to.
    Consider yourself lucky, that game is actually quite hard to find considering its one of Ps3's first titles. Buy it, heard it was pretty good actually no trophies though

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Consider yourself lucky, that game is actually quite hard to find considering its one of Ps3's first titles. Buy it, heard it was pretty good actually no trophies though
    I've had it for many years. Folklore uses the SixAxis extremely well, and it's a really fun action RPG to boot.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    Jurassic: The Hunted, I couldn't find this game in where I live -.-
    this game is in the "Rent 1 Get 1 Free" section of almost all my local video rental stores, and sells for $9.99/$19.99 by me at gamestop

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Valkyria Chronicles (non-greatest hits)
    Heavenly Sword
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Street Fighter IV (classic non-greatest hits)
    Bayonetta
    Ar Tonelico

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I've had it for many years. Folklore uses the SixAxis extremely well, and it's a really fun action RPG to boot.
    I don't know what it is about it, but Folklore always stood out to me. I've yet to play it, but I've always wanted to. The demo for it was actually one of the first thing I ever downloaded from the PSN store. I didn't play it, however, as I was still gaming on a SD television back then and I didn't feel like squinting. I'll pick it up eventually. It's dirt cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast