Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rare Games

This is a discussion on Rare Games within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS I don't know what it is about it, but Folklore always stood out to me. I've ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I don't know what it is about it, but Folklore always stood out to me. I've yet to play it, but I've always wanted to. The demo for it was actually one of the first thing I ever downloaded from the PSN store. I didn't play it, however, as I was still gaming on a SD television back then and I didn't feel like squinting. I'll pick it up eventually. It's dirt cheap.
    same here, one of the first demo's I tried since there was nothing good at the time...
    it's different and makes use of the sixaxis (too bad its not used as much anymore)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    Consider yourself lucky, that game is actually quite hard to find considering its one of Ps3's first titles. Buy it, heard it was pretty good actually no trophies though
    I've seen a copy of Folklore in all of our EB Games and a brand new copy at EB World. It's definitely a game I need to grab it before the copies dry up.

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles (non-greatest hits)
    Heavenly Sword
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Street Fighter IV (classic non-greatest hits)
    Bayonetta
    Ar Tonelico
    I have definitely seen used copies of these at my local Gamestop, but not new. I better grab Heavenly Sword fast...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    I have definitely seen used copies of these at my local Gamestop, but not new. I better grab Heavenly Sword fast...
    I found a copy during a sales clear out and it was in the bargain bin. This game did not go on sale until a very long time; years after release. New too. Careful, there might be 2 versions floating around. On the back some versions have a some what blurry printed back cover, some don't.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Dragonball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

GTI Club+ Rally Cote D'Azur

Lvl 6 - Silver

not sure about NA games but remember PS3 is region free.

2 European games that are fairly rare are the disc versions of PAIN, and Wipeout HD Fury.

EDIT: looks like they may have come out in the US, amazon.com lists Wipeout HD at $100, could be the European version though.

EDIT 2: just looked it up, they didn't come out in disc form in the US.

NSFW

Here in Denmark and most of the european stores I've been at, it's hard to come by 3D Dot Game Heroes. Also since it never came to the EU Afrika is pretty rare as well.

I have just seen Ar Tonelico, Trinity Universe all three Hyperdimension Neptunia games for like 20 euro a piece in a Saturn mart here in Hamburg where I am on vacation at the moment.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition, a physical copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 which only contains a dlc voucher inside the case, NBA Elite 11, and cof course most other collectors editions.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by TearsInRain23 View Post
    Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition, a physical copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 which only contains a dlc voucher inside the case, NBA Elite 11, and cof course most other collectors editions.
    Just looked up MVC2 on eBay. All I can say is GODDAMN. It's one hundred bloody dollars.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

@Moondog, guess i'm Lucky with my disc version that came with my ps3 bundle in europe which i bought late 2010. @SirWaWa, together with my ps3 i bought this copy, don't see much new one's but some used copies.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123