Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus Announce Trailer

This is a discussion on Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus Announce Trailer within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Faust I defer to you on what constitutes a Mario game, but I disagree with your numbers. ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I defer to you on what constitutes a Mario game, but I disagree with your numbers. INCLUDING the 4 HD re-releases, RnC has 14 core titles. Secret Agent Clank is not a core title, and Into the Nexus has not yet been released.

As for Mario:

Toggle Spoiler

I just type "Mario" way more than any person should ever have to.

Comes to a grand total of 38, or 25 if you don't count re-releases. Galaxy and Sunshine mixed up the formula, but they didn't do it anymore than All 4 One or Full Frontal Assault did.

I will concede, however, that the final numbers are far less than my original number of 254, though that in itself is a disturbing figure, and testament to how much Nintendo have whored out Mario as a character for easy money.
    Dude, you just did way too much research to prove your point. Anyone who's played multiple ratchet games know that while the gameplay mechanics may stay basically the same, many of the weapons, locations, and characters change, which cannot be said for Mario since the vast majority of those games don't even have any dialogue, nor do most of the characters change in the slightest, nor is any of it genuinely funny like insomniac's signature franchise. I love me some ratchet and I'm excited to see them get back into the swing of things and hope next year we see the start of a new trilogy on ps4. Just like quest for booty was essentially a stopgap in between a crack in time and tools of destruction I hope into the nexus is a placeholder for the shift to the next generation. $30 is a great price for this and leads me to believe it will be on par with the ps2 games in terms of length and replay ability. Sign me up this fall.

WHO DAT!!!!

R and C keep em coming and dont change a thing.....if it aint broke, dont fix it

No Matter What

$30? Eh. I was hoping to see a full game, but at $30 I'm expecting to see something like Quest for Booty.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO Member

Ratchet and Clank is back to their roots! YES! So excited, R&C are really fun and always make me laugh out loud. Now I just have to finish Full Frontal Assault.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I defer to you on what constitutes a Mario game, but I disagree with your numbers. INCLUDING the 4 HD re-releases, RnC has 14 core titles. Secret Agent Clank is not a core title, and Into the Nexus has not yet been released.
    I constitute what people consider is the same gameplay.

The super mario series is the Main mario ip series. Everything else is spinoffs.

You never count re-releases as seperate games. just like you don't say a re-release is a continuation of a game, There's only one exception where that occurs (Orange box, which had 3 new games in it)

HD Collections/re-releases are ment as Aids to bring people up to speed on a series for a cheap price on a modern platform. they arn't ment to be a "Rehash"

Annoyed that a HD Collection is just a retarded HD widescreen fix and thats it though. give me some higher quality textures or something.

Also, Just a question, How many main games for each series came out last gen?

spoiler:

Mario had 3
    Ratchet and Clank had 6

Lvl 9 - Gold

Shall I change this thread title to Mario Vs Ratchet and Clank?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    At least the conversation is about ratchet and clank instead of member bashathon 2013.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Or Faust vs Ps360?

As for the announcement of Nexus, I kinda wanted a new IP from Insomniac, they need to just end the series I feel and move onto new pastures, however it does look quite good at the moment.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    15 ratchet clank games that are the same gameplay.

247 mario games that have tons of genres ranging from sports games, rpgs, educational, platformer, and more
    I get it you dont like RnC but others do so stop complaining I personally havent liked a mario game in years but I dont complain about it all the time

Lvl 6 - Silver

Looks cool..Tho I still need to play the rest of the R&C games before I even touch this new one

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Really exited for this. I'm along with most people here are classic ratchet fans so hearing that insomniac listened to fans and is going back to the old play style is awesome news. Just one question though with this game being at a reduced price is it a short title like FFA or closer to ACiT length?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Mario games are great but to me those games take very little planning and you could make a new Mario title every 2 months. Why buy a WII U just for New Super Mario Bros U. At least with the Ratchet and Clank series there is a story/V.O., core characters but also a bunch of new ones and graphics that depict what console it's from.

I make lego out of you!

I'm going to get this! hope it's not as hard as Q-Force though. found Q-Force really boring with defence crap!
    Making plat cards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12