Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus Announce Trailer

This is a discussion on Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus Announce Trailer within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well that teaser that Sony posted "When Worlds Collide" turned out to be Ratchet and Clank... to my disappointment since ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus Announce Trailer

Well that teaser that Sony posted "When Worlds Collide" turned out to be Ratchet and Clank... to my disappointment since I never played Ratchet and Clank and was hoping for something big

Anyway for those interested. Playstation just posted the trailer.

Plats-O'-War!!

Just saw this on facebook. It looks pretty good, and for $29, it's a good price as well. Looking forward to it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

ill be frank here , i thought the series had pasted its peak after a crack in time and that thier was nothing left more for the series but this game might rectify that

platbar and sig by wadefan1

INTJ

hur dur sony never rehashes

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Sony isn't making this... Insomniac is. Get it right. (Now Insomniac works for both companies so they aren't all Sony)

I'm glad this is coming out. I like R&C games. Hope it isn't short like Pirate's Booty.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My reaction:

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I'm hoping Insomniac makes a PS4 title within the first year and hopefully they killz it. I can never have too much R&C. If this is a disc based game then I'll get it if it's a DL digital copy then I'll wait for a price drop.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Not going to lie....I was more excited thinking it was the release date....
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lord of all Goat-Men

Number of Ratchet & Clank games, including those developed by studios other than Insomniac: 12 original titles, 3 re-released HD titles for a total of 15 RnC games.

Number of Mario games: 247. That number again, is two hundred and forty fucking seven.

That's a bit unfair, though. After all, Mario has been around way longer than Ratchet & Clank.

How about number of Mario games since the release of the first Ratchet & Clank game, ie. circa 2002?
    80. Eighty Mario games since 2002.

Edit:
    In my rabid fury brought on by my compulsion to defend the console I love so very much, I forgot to mention that this game looks pretty great. It's nice to see the franchise returning to its roots, though if I'm being honest, I was hoping for something a little more exciting than a new RnC game.
    Last edited by Faust; 07-11-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Buy my book, Alteration

That looks pretty cool, more cinematic than other Ratchet games. I almost want to say those zero-g segments kind of remind me of Dead Space. Still, only $30? I was really hoping this was a full $60 release, as past downloadable Ratchet titles have been too short. They do say that it dwarfs Quest for Booty and FFA's lengths, so hopefully that's true.

Anyway, this looks like a really fun game. I will definitely buy it at launch, probably retail though.

Fun fact: There may not be the usual innuendo in the title, but the working title was Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nether Region.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Sony isn't making this... Insomniac is. Get it right. (Now Insomniac works for both companies so they aren't all Sony)

I'm glad this is coming out. I like R&C games. Hope it isn't short like Pirate's Booty.
    first party owned ip.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Number of Ratchet & Clank games, including those developed by studios other than Insomniac: 12 original titles, 3 re-released HD titles for a total of 15 RnC games.

Number of Mario games: 247. That number again, is two hundred and forty fucking seven.

15 ratchet clank games that are the same gameplay.

247 mario games that have tons of genres ranging from sports games, rpgs, educational, platformer, and more

Lord of all Goat-Men

15 ratchet clank games that are the same gameplay.

247 mario games that have tons of genres ranging from sports games, rpgs, educational, platformer, and more
    First, that's not entirely true; games like Secret Agent Clank mixed up the formula somewhat; Ratchet Gladiator (or Deadlocked) was a significant departure from the previous titles; RnC Full Frontal Assault added tower defense mechanics; and RnC All 4 One focused on 4-player co-op.

So in terms of core titles, there are really only 8, soon to be 9.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll bite. Filtering out all the non-traditional Mario games - including, but not limited to, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, Mario Party, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis - there are still 77 core Mario titles ('core' meaning a platformer featuring Mario as the playable character).

77 games featuring the exact same block-hopping, goomba-stomping, moustache-wiggling, Italian-stereotyping bullshit.

INTJ

First, that's not entirely true; games like Secret Agent Clank mixed up the formula somewhat; Ratchet Gladiator (or Deadlocked) was a significant departure from the previous titles; RnC Full Frontal Assault added tower defense mechanics; and RnC All 4 One focused on 4-player co-op.

So in terms of core titles, there are really only 8, soon to be 9.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll bite. Filtering out all the non-traditional Mario games - including, but not limited to, Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, Mario Party, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis - there are still 77 core Mario titles ('core' meaning a platformer featuring Mario as the playable character).

77 games featuring the exact same block-hopping, goomba-stomping, moustache-wiggling, Italian-stereotyping bullshit.

please list all 77 mario games in a spoiler. I would like to continue shortening your list.

Lord of all Goat-Men

please list all 77 mario games in a spoiler. I would like to continue shortening your list.
    I made the list using this as a source: List of video games featuring Mario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Copied and pasted into Excel, where I edited it as required. I have since deleted it because I assumed no one would care about it that much. Apparently I was wrong.

Here's the breakdown:

Toggle Spoiler

If it's a re-release, count it. If it's the same game on a different console, count it.

I'm not expert when it comes to Mario, so I may be a few titles either over or under, but the rough count comes out at 77.

Kid, not loser

Was hoping a PS4 R&C or a new ip. This is cool and all, but I feel like it will still be a disappointment. People have hated the mp versions of R&C, but I have to say my favorite R&C was Up Your Arsenal and it had a fun mp at the time. Now if only they made a game like that, with the story, upgrades and weapons that were in UYA, also mp like in UYA just add upgrades and a leveling system in it I would be happy. R&C hasn't been the same since UYA. I even like Deadlocked more than any of the others cause it still had the great gameplay as the past ones just with a partner.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

FINALLY! I've been waiting for years for R&C to even begin to go back to it's roots. This looks like it might be the start. It seems that IG has grown some brains and decided not to piss off their fanbase.

PRO Member

So much R&C so much fun

The One and Only

I'm looking forward to this! Hopefully it's a moderately long game, or at least long enough to satisfy for a price tag of $30.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

Here's the breakdown:

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

So without counting re-releases or Spin-offs that have entirely different gameplay, The Ratchet and clank series has 12 games and the Mario series has 18.

5 games in between each other.

If we decide to get rid of the 3D marios in the super mario list while still counting New super mario bros series (so we can compare how many games have been made with the same/similar gameplay), Marios platforming games would go down to 11, below ratchet and clanks game number.

12 if you want to count the luigi DLC for the wii u version of new super mario bros which is getting a standalone copy version in august which puts it at the same number as ratchet and clank, but i dont think that counts due to it being dlc.

then again i can be a gigantic ass and remove the mario land game for having new gameplay like flying planes and weird ass fever dream shit.

edit:

forgot wario land is for some reason in the super mario series list. removed from number.

Lord of all Goat-Men

So without counting re-releases or Spin-offs that have entirely different gameplay, The Ratchet and clank series has 13 games and the Mario series has 19.

6 games in between each other.
    I defer to you on what constitutes a Mario game, but I disagree with your numbers. INCLUDING the 4 HD re-releases, RnC has 14 core titles. Secret Agent Clank is not a core title, and Into the Nexus has not yet been released.

As for Mario:

Toggle Spoiler

I just type "Mario" way more than any person should ever have to.

Comes to a grand total of 38, or 25 if you don't count re-releases. Galaxy and Sunshine mixed up the formula, but they didn't do it anymore than All 4 One or Full Frontal Assault did.

I will concede, however, that the final numbers are far less than my original number of 254, though that in itself is a disturbing figure, and testament to how much Nintendo have whored out Mario as a character for easy money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast