Kojima is both amazed and upset about GTA V

This is a discussion on Kojima is both amazed and upset about GTA V within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; After GTA V showed it's first gameplay trailer recently, Hideo Kojima expressed his enthusiasm and fear about GTA V on ...

PRO Member

Kojima is both amazed and upset about GTA V

After GTA V showed it's first gameplay trailer recently, Hideo Kojima expressed his enthusiasm and fear about GTA V on Twitter.

I saw the new trailer for Grand Theft Auto V, it was amazing, so awesome. The degree of freedom—it’s the future of games! It’s on a different level than other games. But honestly, I’m upset. I can’t see our ‘V’ gaining victory over their ‘V.’ But Rockstar’s production team is the best. Make no mistake, they increase what’s possible with games.

I'm sure Metal Gear Solid V open world experience will be very different from GTA V, but it's nice to see he's worried about the "competition".

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont think Kojima has to worry. Metal Gear Solid V looks amazing too but GTA has more fans than Metal Gear so it probably won't be as successful in terms of sales but it will still be successful as an amazing game!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can see a lot of people getting both. It was a compliment coming from Kojima.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

why take mgs in to open world? ain't they heard if its not broke dont fix it! i like metal gear but if there last game released using the metal gear name is anything to go by i wont expect much from open world mgs

The One and Only

I don't think the GTA V sales is going to have a major influence on MGSV sales, since I picture them being two different kinds of games with a few similar elements. But we'll see what happens when they release.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    why take mgs in to open world? ain't they heard if its not broke dont fix it! i like metal gear but if there last game released using the metal gear name is anything to go by i wont expect much from open world mgs
    Well, Rising was not done by Kojima. In fact, it was done by Platinum Games including the development of Raiden's character. Kojima's in full control of MGSV so it should be great.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    Its not them trying to fix something by having open world. Its about trying something new for the series which I applaud plus I love open world games

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I can see a lot of people getting both. It was a compliment coming from Kojima.
    I know I will be. There hasn't been two games I've looked forward to more. I've never really been interested in MGS but MGSV looks so fucking sick

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk