4th Batman Arkham Confirmed

This is a discussion on 4th Batman Arkham Confirmed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is from late May but it's the first time I see this, I don't think it's been posted here. ...

PRO Member

4th Batman Arkham Confirmed

This is from late May but it's the first time I see this, I don't think it's been posted here.

There had been rumors of two Arkham games being developed. One by WB Montreal and the other by the Arkham founders Rocksteady. Though we can’t confirm Rocksteady’s involvement, it does appear we are getting another Arkham game and a proper sequel to Batman: Arkham City.

A few days ago Kevin Conroy announced he would indeed be returning to voice Batman in a new Arkham game, after rumors that he wouldn’t be. People assumed he meant Arkham Origins and rejoiced. Then came news from early this morning that Origins will have a new voice as Batman, Roger Craig Smith.

There’s more! Apparently Kevin Conroy joined Twitter, posted a tweet clearing up the mess and then proceeded to delete that very tweet, which confirms Arkham Three. Lucky for us, the sneaky guys over at Batman-News.com were able to screengrab it.

http://www.arkhamverse.com

Will Love you for Food

*annoyed sigh/moan*

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    *annoyed sigh/moan*
    Why? Do you think this is turning into another COD type release? (just asking )

To the OP: Wow, I guess that didn't take long after all. Probably will be released next year. So, expect more info to be released about this new one later this year.

Will Love you for Food

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Why? Do you think this is turning into another COD type release? (just asking )

To the OP: Wow, I guess that didn't take long after all. Probably will be released next year. So, expect more info to be released about this new one later this year.
    Kind of. Don't get me wrong, I loved the two Arkham games already released, but possibly with Rocksteady not making them, i think they are just going to overload the series. I thought a trilogy was perfect and that's far enough, now I fear it's going to be a series like Assassin's Creed or COD, where they never stop with sequels and shit.

PRO Member

I don't think the Arkham series is going down the Assassin's Creed way, I wouldn't worry about that.

Hopefully this new title will be the sequel to Arkham City and the last chapter of the story.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    Kind of. Don't get me wrong, I loved the two Arkham games already released, but possibly with Rocksteady not making them, i think they are just going to overload the series. I thought a trilogy was perfect and that's far enough, now I fear it's going to be a series like Assassin's Creed or COD, where they never stop with sequels and shit.
    You've got a good point there mate and hopefully it doesn't end up like that.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Buy my book, Alteration

I hope that's it. The other Arkhams were just beautiful, I don't want to have to get tired of them.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

wait could it be that arkham game for the vita that we had a vid for a while back?
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    wait could it be that arkham game for the vita that we had a vid for a while back?
    I think so too; but then again, that's due for release at the same time as Arkham Origins in October so it's less likely. This is either one of two things:

1) Arkham Origins Vita game that is about Blackgate and they're just trying to create some hype
    2) An actual new Arkham game coming in 2014+

Until we see some concrete proof, all speculation at this point.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I don't think so since that game is an epilogue to Arkham Origins and has the same actors. The fact that Kevin Conroy is in it pretty much means he's voicing an older Batman.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Everyone needs to stop freaking out. It's possible that Rocksteady is making this new Arkham game, whereas a different dev is making Origins. This means that it's more than a 2 year development time, which is plenty for a new release. Branding every game franchise, "new CoD" is getting old.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Everyone needs to stop freaking out. It's possible that Rocksteady is making this new Arkham game, whereas a different dev is making Origins. This means that it's more than a 2 year development time, which is plenty for a new release. Branding every game franchise, "new CoD" is getting old.
    No one's "freaking out" :stare: because the Arkham games are so awesome, people don't want the series to be tainted, and turned into a yearly release like COD. And, no one's branding anything to be a new COD, nor is it getting old. I think it's alright to say that because of how COD (yes, it's a different type of genre game that appeals to the millions worldwide) is pumped out every year. Now, if there's a 2 year gap in between games, then there's nothing to worry about.

The Deathly Rhythm

Thank you Kevin, I thought Rocksteady was done making Batman games?? I knew they weren't gonna stop lol
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 7 - Gold

Not going to lie...I'll be a Batman Fanboy until I die...lol. It's one of the series that I feel no matter how many releases come out...I'm probably buying them.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Kid, not loser

Never cared too much for Asylum, City was more of the same from what I played, and orgins doesn't look any different. Don't care where this series goes simply because I know it has gone the COD route already. (Same gameplay with little improvements wise I mean)

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Never cared too much for Asylum, City was more of the same from what I played, and orgins doesn't look any different. Don't care where this series goes simply because I know it has gone the COD route already. (Same gameplay with little improvements wise I mean)
    That isn't the "COD route," that's what a sequel is. You don't radically change up the gameplay if it works, or you would get a ton of people shitting on the game. The whole point of sequels is to be more of the same with slight gameplay improvements and a continuation of the story. I honestly don't know what more you could want from a sequel.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I havent played any of these games, but i was wondering how good they actually are?

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by HighRllr0079 View Post
    I havent played any of these games, but i was wondering how good they actually are?
    I really like the first 2 Arkham games. I was iffy on the first one cause theres a lot of bad Batman games, but I got it cheap and loved it...

Lvl 7 - Gold

The games are awesome...you actually really feel like you are Batman...a room full of joker bad guys...and you just know that not one of them is walking out of their...it is by far one of my favorite series of games to play. I'd HIGHLY suggest picking it up (you can get the Game of the Year Editions almost anywhere now for $20) -
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

PRO Member

Both are amazingly good games about Batman and Gotham City. I'd recommend it even to those who haven't read the comics or watched the movies.

Videogames based on comics or movies are usually not that good and maybe that's why you ask, but I assure you the Arkham series is a beast of it's own, it really is something special.