Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

RPG reccomendation

This is a discussion on RPG reccomendation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS And what games might those be? I've played one game from this year and I can't ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    And what games might those be? I've played one game from this year and I can't even think of what that was. I'm not very current, and I'm beginning to think mayhaps something is wrong with me.
    Lol, i m talking about bioshock infinite and the last of us,i didnt mention them so i wont get trolled.I said that on a youtube comment and i got spammed 50 times by trolls.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not PS3, but I loved the .hack Series for the PS2. BUt Valkyria Chronicles is also a great game.

PRO Member

Seriously missing out on some good fun with the Fallouts...not sure what's to dislike about Bioshock and Last of Us. TBH I haven't played either but I played Bioshock 1 and 2 as well as Uncharted 1 and 2 plus saw the near completely stellar reviews...plus it's kind of crazy to dislike something Naughty Dog puts out............to each their own I suppose.

You should link your trophy profile with the site. That way we can all check out your game stash and get a feel for what games you like to play. Up till now we're throwing wild guesses at someone with very particular tastes.

If you still need help I would say look here for a list of RPGs, pick out a few you think you might like and then go look at some "Lets Play" videos on YT or something so you can see for yourself the graphics, game mechanics, level system, battle system, story, etc etc etc.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Was just about to recommend Ni no Kuni (I've been playing it and it's amazing), but hey, your loss...
    Dragon's Dogma beats the crap out of Dragon Age, that's all I can say.
    You could try Tales of Graces f, however you may not like the art style. Star Ocean 4 has great combat can get tedious sometimes and story is alright. If you don't mind older japanese JRPGs then Persona 3 FES (PS2 classic), Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story are all amazing games and are very cheap.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    Seriously missing out on some good fun with the Fallouts...not sure what's to dislike about Bioshock and Last of Us. TBH I haven't played either but I played Bioshock 1 and 2 as well as Uncharted 1 and 2 plus saw the near completely stellar reviews...plus it's kind of crazy to dislike something Naughty Dog puts out............to each their own I suppose.

You should link your trophy profile with the site. That way we can all check out your game stash and get a feel for what games you like to play. Up till now we're throwing wild guesses at someone with very particular tastes.

If you still need help I would say look here for a list of RPGs, pick out a few you think you might like and then go look at some "Lets Play" videos on YT or something so you can see for yourself the graphics, game mechanics, level system, battle system, story, etc etc etc.
    Well.I love Naughty dog,and i think that uncharte 3 is really awsome.But i dont like stealth games at all! Thats why i havent even finished last of us
    And about bioshock, i dont like the gameplay .
    I will try to link my psn account,but i have played too many games(rent or borrowed from friends) soo you wont understand much i guess.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Was just about to recommend Ni no Kuni (I've been playing it and it's amazing), but hey, your loss...
    Dragon's Dogma beats the crap out of Dragon Age, that's all I can say.
    You could try Tales of Graces f, however you may not like the art style. Star Ocean 4 has great combat can get tedious sometimes and story is alright. If you don't mind older japanese JRPGs then Persona 3 FES (PS2 classic), Valkyrie Profile and Vagrant Story are all amazing games and are very cheap.
    I think i should give ni no kuni another chance!
    If i pick up a tales game,that will be xillia which should be better than graces at least technicly. Waiting for reviews on xillia
    Hm.. Played the demo of dragon's dogma million times,but lost interest for it.Would be a good deal since dark arisen is just 20$

Lvl 2 - Bronze

hated Ni No Kuni.

They treat you like you have no idea what to do in the game. The battle system is absolutely horrid (worst battle system I've seen).
    The graphics are awesome and the story is allright (in my opinion), the world is massive and theres a lot to get yourself into, but the side quests are extremely boring and the weak battle system makes it unbearable.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    hated Ni No Kuni.

They treat you like you have no idea what to do in the game. The battle system is absolutely horrid (worst battle system I've seen).
    The graphics are awesome and the story is allright (in my opinion), the world is massive and theres a lot to get yourself into, but the side quests are extremely boring and the weak battle system makes it unbearable.
    Yeap. Tried the demo again, the battle system isnt that good,coming from my favourite battle system so far(ff 13).However if they put it on sale on psn i will definately get it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123