Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sony catching onto cheaters of the 'Bid For Greatness'

This is a discussion on Sony catching onto cheaters of the 'Bid For Greatness' within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Yomonachi Official winner for day 1 is robg691. Is this guy truly legit? He has quite a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Yomonachi View Post
    Official winner for day 1 is robg691. Is this guy truly legit? He has quite a steep trophy progression.
    seems that way

Avy and Sig By Pixie of Darkness

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Never even heard of this before lol, i wonder what they will actually do now then as its one thing cheating trophies but to win fraudulently is one step further.

PRO Member

This is very unfortunate for trophy hunters that earned their trophies the right way.
    I hate cheaters
    I hope Sony does something about this quickly.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Its a suprise that sony has taken this long but you never know they may have been monitoring it since day 1 and have compiled a monster list of cheats and hackers, now what to do with that mythical list? I know a permenant ban-have their main and sub accounts destroyed.

Game on....

For the PS4 there should be a time next to every platinum trophy you earn. For example you put in the last of us game disc and as soon as the game installs trophies, a time stamp is taken and then a time stamp is taken as soon as the platinum trophy pops.

So next to your platinum trophy it would say 'platinum trophy earned in 4 days, 2 hours and 21 minutes' for example as well as the usual date etc...

Good idea?

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    For the PS4 there should be a time next to every platinum trophy you earn. For example you put in the last of us game disc and as soon as the game installs trophies, a time stamp is taken and then a time stamp is taken as soon as the platinum trophy pops.

So next to your platinum trophy it would say 'platinum trophy earned in 4 days, 2 hours and 21 minutes' for example as well as the usual date etc...

Good idea?
    Very good idea, won't stop cheating fecks but at least make it brazenly obvious to anyone so much as glancing at their profile.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post

Good idea?
    Vey good idea. i like it.
    In 4 yrs of ps3 gaming i've 6 or 7 mugs asking for either money, game saves, passwords etc etc etc 4 of those in the past month. It's very annoying indeed and i'm wondering if they will ever stop if they knew a severe penalty awaited these lazy gamers

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    won't stop cheating fecks but at least make it brazenly obvious to anyone so much as glancing at their profile.
    Cheaters have been manually adjusting their timestamps for quite some time already, so this idea is dead in the water...at least for catching fakes.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rise Above

I will just buy my game collectibles from the game development studio themselves. ex: Rockstar, Activision, 2K you guys get my point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12