Founder of Quake Command, Level Designer for Half life 1 and 2 Says Half life 3 unveil next year.

This is a discussion on Founder of Quake Command, Level Designer for Half life 1 and 2 Says Half life 3 unveil next year. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Half Life 3 coming late 2014 to PC and Console After 6 long… long years it is finally here: Half ...

INTJ

Founder of Quake Command, Level Designer for Half life 1 and 2 Says Half life 3 unveil next year.

Half Life 3 coming late 2014 to PC and Console

After 6 long… long years it is finally here: Half Life Episode 3. Confirmed to NoShitShurlock by John Guthrie founder of Quake command and Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 level designer. After much back and forth emailing he confirms to us that the game will include many of the main characters from Half Life 2 and “the story continues where it left off”.

The game is currently under development and will be released on the Pc, Mac, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. As of now we don’t know how far they are in development, but we expect the first demo and trailer to be released at E3 2014.
    “I CAN’T CONFIRM ALL TOO MUCH SINCE THE DEVELOPMENT IS STILL IN EARLY STAGES, BUT FOR NOW I CAN CONFIRM THAT WE ARE GOING TO RELEASE ON BOTH CURRENT AND NEXT GENERATION CONSOLES AND WE WILL ALSO RELEASE THE GAME ON OUR OWN PLATFORM EXCLUSIVELY FOR PC AND MAC.” JOHN GUTHRIE WRITES “WE HOPE TO HAVE THE FIRST TRAILER READY FOR E3 2014, WHICH WE (AFTER SEVERAL TIMES NOT ATTENDING) WILL FINALLY COME BACK TO”

Valve decided to not make a Half Life 2 Episode 3 because the story will vary a little bit from the original, all though it will include many of the main characters. The new game mechanics, improved game engine and next gen console’s led Valve to creating Half Life 3.

John Guthrie also confirmed to us that there will be no multiplayer or co-op, the game will be purely Single player based.

its finally happening

The only sane person here

Maybe I'll just keep my pants on till that day comes

PRO Member

So it's really happening, this is going to make a lot of people happy.

Fight the Future

Meh, couldn't really care less. To me personally, Half-Life is one of the, if not the most overrated franchise of all time and I doubt Half-Life 3 will change my mind about that.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Meh, couldn't really care less. To me personally, Half-Life is one of the, if not the most overrated franchise of all time and I doubt Half-Life 3 will change my mind about that.
    Completely agree.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

дурак

I agree. Not saying the Half Life series isn't fun or entertaining. But it's not the video game messiah everyone makes it out to be.

We'll just have to see what it can do. 7 years is a long wait, it better be worth it.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Ghost Assassin

It's finally happening! I think this calls for a celebration...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I agree. Not saying the Half Life series isn't fun or entertaining. But it's not the video game messiah everyone makes it out to be.
    It's the game that introduced proper storytelling in games without cutscenes.

Half life 2 Did a Bunch of technological advancements barely any games had at the time on computers that didn't need to be expensive (Facial Animations, Object Physics, etc.)

Valve is the Nikola Tesla of Video games.

Plats-O'-War!!

Never played any Half-Life games, so with this one coming to consoles, maybe they'll remake the first two as well. Just a guess, but I'm looking forward to it.

We'll just have to see what it can do. 7 years is a long wait, it better be worth it.
    Let's just hope this doesn't go down the road of "Duke Nukem"

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    They're going to spend all their money on side-projects until they eventually go bankrupt?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

I'm not really sure this confirms it and I'm not very trust-worthy, so I'll wait until there's an actual confirmation from Valve. If it is true, I'm happy as hell. If it is not, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Completely agree.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post

Never played any Half-Life games, so with this one coming to consoles, maybe they'll remake the first two as well. Just a guess, but I'm looking forward to it.

The closest you'll get to a Half-Life remake is Black Mesa, and thta's PC-only. Half-Life 2 might look a little dated, but it still looks good (it's the equivalent of a current-gen game). They ain't getting remade. If you want to play them, just buy them for cheap on Steam.

Valve's not a shitty dev, so it won't go the same way as Duke Nukem, not to mention the game hasn't been passed over from dev to dev for over a decade, so that's one thing people won't have to ever worry about.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

It won't go that far. I trust Valve enough to be confident it won't end up like that atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    It's the game that introduced proper storytelling in games without cutscenes.

Half life 2 Did a Bunch of technological advancements barely any games had at the time on computers that didn't need to be expensive (Facial Animations, Object Physics, etc.)

I'm not saying that they didn't do anything for the industry. All I'm saying is, that they aren't as good as people make them out to be. I enjoyed each of the games immensely, especially Half Life 1 (I have NOT played Episode 1 or 2 for Half Life 2, so I don't have an opinion). But I can think of way more games I would prefer to play. But that's just me.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

The closest you'll get to a Half-Life remake is Black Mesa, and thta's PC-only. Half-Life 2 might look a little dated, but it still looks good (it's the equivalent of a current-gen game). They ain't getting remade. If you want to play them, just buy them for cheap on Steam.

Half life 2 has been put on the Orange box engine so it's technically using the latest source engine if you don't count the hybrids used in L4D, Dota 2, and Portal 2.

PRO Member

I wonder if they'll release Half-Life 1 & 2 for PS4?

O_o

Half Life was ported to the PS2, and Half Life 2 and it's expansions were in the Orange Box, also ported to consoles.

Also, unless Valve themselves confirms, this is just phooey for now.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Half Life was ported to the PS2, and Half Life 2 and it's expansions were in the Orange Box, also ported to consoles.

Also, unless Valve themselves confirms, this is just phooey for now.
    I didn't know Half Life was ported to the PS2.

Lvl 7 - Gold

This article and statement is a known hoax. It is not real. Half Life 3 not confirmed.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Until i see it in motion i refuse to believe it exists.

Also, can we stop calling every game that gets a great critical reception ' overrated '? It's starting to get bloody tiresome, say it wasn't for you by all means, overrated is so very overdone.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Until i see it in motion i refuse to believe it exists.

Also, can we stop calling every game that gets a great critical reception ' overrated '? It's starting to get bloody tiresome, say it wasn't for you by all means, overrated is so very overdone.
    It'll keep happening forever, though. Whatever you like more than me, I can find to be overrated, no matter how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    I didn't know Half Life was ported to the PS2.
    That's because it's better off forgotten.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    This article and statement is a known hoax. It is not real. Half Life 3 not confirmed.
    You mean a PS360 Thread/Source was wrong?!
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy