Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

why do you get platinum trophies? :)

This is a discussion on why do you get platinum trophies? :) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; just a question i would like to ask everyone.. why do you get platinum trophies? feel free to submit your ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

why do you get platinum trophies? :)

just a question i would like to ask everyone.. why do you get platinum trophies?
    feel free to submit your answer

PRO Member

To feel totally satisfied with the game and worth every penny

Negator

I get platinum trophies because all other core trophies in the game have been obtained.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I only have a few, every one that i got felt pretty damn good. I am very grateful to the guys and gals on this site for their help with game guides and co-op help. This site makes me want to be a better gamer. I used to just play the games without even thinking about trophies. But the more I played and the more people I met here, the more I wanted to achieve that Plat.

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

Lvl 6 - Silver

This...

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    To feel totally satisfied with the game and worth every penny
    Mixed with a bit of this..

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I get platinum trophies because all other core trophies in the game have been obtained.
    And its a sense of achievement I suppose.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by geobru View Post
    I only have a few, every one that i got felt pretty damn good. I am very grateful to the guys and gals on this site for their help with game guides and co-op help. This site makes me want to be a better gamer. I used to just play the games without even thinking about trophies. But the more I played and the more people I met here, the more I wanted to achieve that Plat.
    definitely agree with you! they do a great job

Still the Chocobo

I go for the s for games I really enjoyed and want to have "mastered" on my profile...
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Needz Trophy Card

im given a nice new hooker for each plat ive received
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

PRO Member

Getting a platinum for me is like getting a shot of adrenaline. Sometimes i jump up and down and run down the halls screaming.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    And its a sense of achievement I suppose.
    Nah, that's just why I get platinum trophies...I earn all the other trophies first.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I get plats because i can and my mates can see the proof. Not like back in the day where it was your word against others ie i went home last night and completed 100 lvls of gauntlet with no health loss

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CLUELESSBOB View Post
    I get plats because i can and my mates can see the proof. Not like back in the day where it was your word against others ie i went home last night and completed 100 lvls of gauntlet with no health loss
    Agreed. I also just enjoy having platinums on all my games. It's like having a 2nd game collection if that makes any sense.

PRO Member

It really extends the life of a game and makes me want to play it more. Then I get maximum enjoyment/worth out of the game.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Mostly I'm just OCD about leaving things unfinished, haha. But since plats can be really time consuming, I try to only bother going for them with games I love (or sometimes games I only just like, as long as they're part of a franchise I love), because I want to immerse myself in that universe and get everything out of it that the developers put into it. I want to show my dedication and enthusiasm by experiencing everything the game has to offer. Then, when that finally pops, there's a distinct sense of accomplishment and gratification, like closing the cover on a good book.

Plus, sometimes the plat has a cool name or specialized icon -- "Ultimate Hero" in FFXIII is Serah's tear; "Legend of the West" in Red Dead Redemption is a rearing, silver stallion; "Master Assassin" in Assassin's Creed II is Ezio struttin' like a BAMF -- just a title or icon that if you really enjoyed the game's universe you'll instinctively be like "Want-y!" and make grabby hands at it, haha.

Video Game High School

Toggle Spoiler

The Playboy Wikipedia

You know, I'm not sure. I don't have that many Platinum trophies, and I only got a few of them with help from a trophy guide. But I feel that as of late, I want to try and finish more games so I can obtain their Platinum trophies. Take Enslaved for example. I gotta finish the game one more time and get the rest of the trophies, and I will have it. Or Sly 3, where I'm literally one trophy away from the Plat.

I guess for me it comes down to 1) motivation and 2) finding the time to play. Had I continued with all of the games where I'm at 50% or more with trophy completion, I'd have an extra 20 Platinum trophies.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 8 - Gold

For the satisfaction of it. Getting that last trophy to pop, followed by the platinum, gives a mild high, like an adrenaline rush. It's quite enjoyable.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I get them to push my skills as a gamer and cause they can be really fun!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There's a few reasons for me. I use the opportunity to platinum a game as motivation to go back and play some of my favorites. Also, the completionist/perfectionist in me makes me feel like I need to complete all of a game before I put it to rest, and a platinum trophy is the best way to measure that. It's a good feeling knowing that I have gotten everything out of that game that I could. And last, and certainly simplest, it's bragging rights.

Silence is a valid option

Quote Originally Posted by T-Money2319 View Post
    There's a few reasons for me. I use the opportunity to platinum a game as motivation to go back and play some of my favorites. Also, the completionist/perfectionist in me makes me feel like I need to complete all of a game before I put it to rest, and a platinum trophy is the best way to measure that. It's a good feeling knowing that I have gotten everything out of that game that I could. And last, and certainly simplest, it's bragging rights.
    I completely agree with you.
    When trophies first became a part of the gaming experience I didn't really pay too much attention to it, yeah it was cool to hear the "ding" but most games back then I barely achieved Plat status. It wasn't until a friend and I started comparing trophies and challenging each other that I really got hooked. I enjoy the hunt and the sense of accomplishment that comes with getting a Platinum
    Sig by Pancake Model

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I simply enjoy going after them in games i really like, there's something more satisfying about getting a plat than the 1000 gamerscores games provide on 360...

Also when a list is creative (see the Metal gear games) you'll end up doing things you might have never done before and thats really nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast