DLC / Online pass question

This is a discussion on DLC / Online pass question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I want to know if I download a DLC or an Online pass from the Playstation Store , does it ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

DLC / Online pass question

I want to know if I download a DLC or an Online pass from the Playstation Store, does it grant the DLC or Online pass In all accounts on the system?

Thanks!

PRO Member

I believe DLCs do work on every account since they are installed on the system (I don't know about all of them such as Call of Duty, but at least the ones I've bought do work on all accounts).

Online passes I'm not sure but I don't think so, hopefully someone can give a better answer.

#cutformesa

As far as I know, yes. If an online pass is activated for one user on a system then all users on the system can avail of it. The online pass is a download that is installed which gives your system access to the content, it's not really fixed to just one account.

The same goes for DLC and other games you download from the PS Store. The content is stored onto your system giving all people who use the system access to it.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Lvl 9 - Gold

Most of the time DLC and online passes work on all accounts, but there are a few exceptions. Most notably DC Universe where the DLC is locked to each account.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

PRO Member

Another thing I just remembered, "special offers" work only on one account. By special offers I mean for example if you pre-order a game and it has bonus content such as costumes or weapons or missions. This happened to me with both Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed III.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Another thing I just remembered, "special offers" work only on one account. By special offers I mean for example if you pre-order a game and it has bonus content such as costumes or weapons or missions. This happened to me with both Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed III.
    Uhm.. So if I order GTA V, get the atomic blimp, will it only the account i downloaded on?

I am buying the Special Edition and here this shit will cost like 120 bucks maybe more so i am buying it from a Candian website, which the games are NTSC (1) US Region. Meaning both codes of online and DLC wont work on my original account which is this, because its EU region. So I want to know if it'll grant access to all accounts on the system. Does somebody know for sure?

Damn game developers should say those things.. damn.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Uhm.. So if I order GTA V, get the atomic blimp, will it only the account i downloaded on?

I am buying the Special Edition and here this shit will cost like 120 bucks maybe more so i am buying it from a Candian website, which the games are NTSC (1) US Region. Meaning both codes of online and DLC wont work on my original account which is this, because its EU region. So I want to know if it'll grant access to all accounts on the system. Does somebody know for sure?

Damn game developers should say those things.. damn.

I don't really know, sorry. I do know that's happened to me with Assassin's Creed, I don't know if it's depending on the games or if it's more global.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i deal with these stuff everyday anything you buy from the store works on all accounts no matter which region your account is, DLC is specific to the game you buy if your games are region 1 then u must buy dlc from a US account, if the game is region 2 then you must buy from the Uk(EU) Store and so basically DLC is region specific that said the only thing that is specific to one account only is the Avatars you cannot buy an avatar and use it on your other account ...i think that should cover everything i have 8 accounts as i share games with a lot of my friends and i end up playing everything on my one and Only account Aboelsas 4 years of gaming and still too early to stop ....Long Live Play

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    i deal with these stuff everyday anything you buy from the store works on all accounts no matter which region your account is, DLC is specific to the game you buy if your games are region 1 then u must buy dlc from a US account, if the game is region 2 then you must buy from the Uk(EU) Store and so basically DLC is region specific that said the only thing that is specific to one account only is the Avatars you cannot buy an avatar and use it on your other account ...i think that should cover everything i have 8 accounts as i share games with a lot of my friends and i end up playing everything on my one and Only account Aboelsas 4 years of gaming and still too early to stop ....Long Live Play
    And do you sure it's works like that in Online Passes too?