Aveline Returns in ACIV Only on PS3/PS4

This is a discussion on Aveline Returns in ACIV Only on PS3/PS4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Aveline de Grandprť, the star of Assassinís Creed: Liberation, will appear exclusively on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassinís ...

Banned

Aveline Returns in ACIV Only on PS3/PS4

Aveline de Grandprť, the star of Assassinís Creed: Liberation, will appear exclusively on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassinís Creed 4: Black Flag, Ubisoft has revealed.Aveline is the only female protagonist to have featured in the Assassinís Creed game series so far, and she will make her home console/PC debut in Assassinís Creed 4. Liberation was a PS Vita-exclusive that released alongside Assassinís Creed 3 last year.
    Assassinís Creed 4 takes place a while after Liberation, so the game will feature an older Aveline, a Ubisoft blog postrevealed.
    Jill Murray, writer of Liberation, will pen Avelineís segment of the game, which will comprise of three missions that will combine to form a separate short story within Assassinís Creed 4.
    Avelineís missions will be available on-disc and only in the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassinís Creed 4, which releases on 1st November.
    Source: Aveline returns in Assassin's Creed 4; exclusive to PS3, PS4 | India games industry news | MCV India

PRO Member

Finally something that has caught my attention about this game, nice.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i liked that in the psvita assassin creed she got to meet Connor which was cool

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't yet played Liberation, and it's extremely unlikely that that will change before ACIV releases, so this is interesting news for me. I now have yet another reason to buy ACIV - as if I even needed another reason!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Can someone explain to me how AC 4 takes place after Liberation? Liberation took place from 1765-77, with AC 4 takes place during the Golden Age of Piracy, which was from the 1650s to the 1730s. I mean, Aveline was still seemingly young when she met Connor, and yet she's supposed to be older in AC 4? Does AC 4 take place over a period of 50+ years?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikesorrell View Post
    Can someone explain to me how AC 4 takes place after Liberation? Liberation took place from 1765-77, with AC 4 takes place during the Golden Age of Piracy, which was from the 1650s to the 1730s. I mean, Aveline was still seemingly young when she met Connor, and yet she's supposed to be older in AC 4? Does AC 4 take place over a period of 50+ years?
    Yeah that really threw me off too. Especially considering that the main character in ACIV is Connor's grandfather, correct??

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Yeah that really threw me off too. Especially considering that the main character in ACIV is Connor's grandfather, correct??
    Yeah, it features Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather, which I haven't read any of the books, but my understanding is that Edward was back in England for a while before he fathered Haytham, and Haytham seemed like he was in his 30s when he and Connor's mother met. We're talking about a time period when people didn't live very long, so how would AC 4 cover that long of a time span?

PRO Member

Yeah, it features Edward Kenway, Connor's grandfather, which I haven't read any of the books, but my understanding is that Edward was back in England for a while before he fathered Haytham, and Haytham seemed like he was in his 30s when he and Connor's mother met. We're talking about a time period when people didn't live very long, so how would AC 4 cover that long of a time span?
    I guess the only solution is that Edward Kenway discovers a time machine

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

I guess the only solution is that Edward Kenway discovers a time machine
    Lol. Yeah, I guess so. And in the 3 other Assassin's Creed games Ubisoft has in development, we learn that Doc Brown actually took the DeLorean back in time to try to keep Biff from joining the Templars.

PRO Member

Lol. Yeah, I guess so. And in the 3 other Assassin's Creed games Ubisoft has in development, we learn that Doc Brown actually took the DeLorean back in time to try to keep Biff from joining the Templars.
    Hahahaha that's funny. At this point in the Assassin's Creed storyline it honestly wouldn't even surprise me

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

Hahahaha that's funny. At this point in the Assassin's Creed storyline it honestly wouldn't even surprise me
    Yeah, we'll have to wait and see, I guess. I'm still trying to figure out how after the good ending in Infamous 2, that there are still conduits. Oh, well, I guess that's just a minor oversight.

PRO Member

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see, I guess. I'm still trying to figure out how after the good ending in Infamous 2, that there are still conduits. Oh, well, I guess that's just a minor oversight.
    Yeah luckily Sucker Punch is one of my favorite developers so i give them a free pass on that one

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 8 - Gold

I went back and looked into this some more after reading about the HD re-release of AC3:Liberation, and apparently, Aveline's missions have nothing to do with the rest of the game, yet they put the missions in this game rather than the remake of Liberation. Oh, well. Logic isn't in the Ubisoft vocabulary, after all.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Aveline's missions have nothing to do with the rest of the game, yet they put the missions in this game rather than the remake of Liberation. Oh, well. Logic isn't in the Ubisoft vocabulary, after all.
    ??

I'm sure that makes sense somewhere. Bizarro World, maybe?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    ??

I'm sure that makes sense somewhere. Bizarro World, maybe?
    Possibly. I have to ask my cousin when he gets back from visiting there.