Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Do you miss cheat codes?

This is a discussion on Do you miss cheat codes? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Cheat Codes were fun, I remember needing a code to turn blood on in Mortal Kombat......

Legalize it...

Cheat Codes were fun, I remember needing a code to turn blood on in Mortal Kombat...

O_o

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. .

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I somewhat miss them when I think of games like Grand Theft Auto back in the PS2 days. My casual gamer friend always ask about cheat codes & I tell him don't think bout it you'll fuck up my trophies..

He looks at me like an idiot.. lol.

the end.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cheat codes... Sweet, sweet cheat codes. Spending hours trying to find nudity codes for Tomb Raider, and never even starting the Grand Theft Auto story because of effing around with infinite bullets and a Batman costume. It almost makes me wish trophies didn't exist... almost.
    It's Okay... I'm a limo driver
    Member since October 28th, 2009

Okay I'm getting Arkham City...So sue me...

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    Aye. The Contra code will always be fondly remembered. Same as the Justin Bailey code.
    Imagine the kid with that name just randomly putting it into the password screen like so many of us do.

I've always enjoyed codes - buttons, passwords, you name it. I especially like codes like the Sonic 2 level select.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Does anyone on this thread realize that grand theft auto 4 still has cheats? hahaha I thought maybe since you were on a computer you would know that...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nope
    "The door to safety is shut. There is no turning back..."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Not so much, except in Grand Theft Auto, they were so much fun in those games.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    Does anyone on this thread realize that grand theft auto 4 still has cheats? hahaha I thought maybe since you were on a computer you would know that...
    it's difficult bringing up the phone and trying to drive when before you could quickly enter a combination of like 10 buttons... i know.. doesn't sound so simple, but if you played them, you would know xD
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 5 - Silver

yeah i miss cheats, WOW how fun it was when i played GTA san andreas!

Nowdays if you enter cheat, you dont get trophies..... you couldnt finish the game in normal mode with out any help or FUN- CHeat etc
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

WHO DAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saumiyan View Post
    yeah i miss cheats, WOW how fun it was when i played GTA san andreas!

Nowdays if you enter cheat, you dont get trophies..... you couldnt finish the game in normal mode with out any help or FUN- CHeat etc
    Dude i could enter the health cheat on GTA soi fast it was amazing haha.....but since cheat codes effect trophies, i dont even miss em

Resident PHD

You know what I miss having my passcodes book. I had one book for all the codes as I worked through the game and then the master one for when I finished the game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 7 - Gold

i agree on you fancyJesse, i do miss them cheats sometimes.

They should bring back cheats into games
    and whenever a cheatcode is inserted, trophies and online MP should be disabled.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had years worth of Nintendo Power and Game Power/Game Informer (can't remember which of the two), cheat books and notebooks full of codes. It was said that I was such a bad player that I couldn't get anything done without cheat codes or cheat devices.

Not sure if this one counts as a cheat code or not: Me and a friend played an intense game of The Uncanny X-Men on the NES. After many deaths and restarts we get to the end of the fourth level and it tells us to input the code. What code? Code? There's a code? We gotta put in a code? I rush off to call the Nintendo Hotline. The guy on the phone says "There is a code on the front of the game. You need to put in in to get to the last stage." He tells us the code which I wrote down. I rush back to my room hand the code to my friend and the code doesn't work. We had to take the game out and do it all over again.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The GTA cheats were so great. It may be one of the only games out there now that has legit cheat codes.

I still remember the cheats for Twisted Metal 1
    God mode: box, triangle, X, space, O
    Infinite weapons: triangle, space, box, O, O
    last level (rooftops): box, triangle, X, O, box

You could see everyone's ending within an hour. I also remember some of the TM2 cheats too

Lvl 7 - Gold

Most Memorable was:
    GTA San Andreas PS2 - Jet Pack.
    Up, Down, Left, Right, L1, R1, L2, R2. (Do this twice.)
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I remember driving on water on GTA I think it was vice city ps2. The bad thing was that it would take all your money.

The Shadow

Force Unleashed Awesome way to get all the costumes is to put GRANDMOFF i still like cheat codes its a fun way to play a game
    Meh........

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Cheat codes... Sweet, sweet cheat codes. Spending hours trying to find nudity codes for Tomb Raider, and never even starting the Grand Theft Auto story because of effing around with infinite bullets and a Batman costume. It almost makes me wish trophies didn't exist... almost.
    YES! I remember this one website (or magazine...can't remember) claimed that if you did something within a certain time on the final level of either the first or second Tomb Raider (I remember that it had something to do with the mansion and getting from point A to B in a certain amount of time) that in the ending movie she would be naked...I was so gullible back then...must have wasted at least 2-3 hours trying to do this.

At least now I get a trophy for such efforts, but I would still prefer a Tomb Raider nude glitch.

"Harry, I took care of it..." That's for you Danny and for bringing back memories of the good ol days...twice!

Huge Gaming Backlog

Defiantly yes. For example GTA games. Once you've finished the game and unlocked all areas you could punch in awesome cheats and cause absolute chaos. You could have great fun with cheats like all weapons, superman and flying cars. For me it would make the game more playable once the story was over.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234