Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Games with perfect scores

This is a discussion on Games with perfect scores within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN Ok, please explain this? I have a hard time even comprehending how this is an opinion ...

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post

Ok, please explain this? I have a hard time even comprehending how this is an opinion without actually hearing it is boggling. So please put elaborate a bit before you look like a hater.

Ok now… usually when you hear this it’s because people either don’t get what happened, or think they made it too “SciFi”. The ENTIRE series was “SciFi”, so that point is invalid. And if you don’t get it, then there is no help for you. Story was amazing and the end was a mind fuck. It actually made the 2nd playthru better since you see what was going on all along, and how much they pointed out the truth from moment 1.

First off, it is an opinion. It's just not backed up with reasons. And that's because I did not feel like writing the whole goddamn thing here. I figured for many people it was obvious.

About the combat:
    What I mean by this, is that there are far less choices you can make while in combat. Yes, Elizabeth can open up tears so you can utilize health packs, ammo, cover, AI support, etc. But what I'm referring to is the weapon and vigor variety.

There are 13 guns in the game, 9 if you cut out the pointless and redundant ones (Heater, Burstgun, etc). Yes the redundant versions of the other guns have a certain uniqueness to them, but I would not have missed them if they weren't in the game. Of course having more guns with different effects might help people find a gun that suits their playstyle, but they felt like inferior versions of the guns you were already given. Not to mention the fact that the alternate guns come in to play a bit after the halfway point, maybe later. The problem for me was that, I was so used to the other guns, I didn't care to play with the alternate versions too much. Some were okay, but most felt like unimaginative copies of the original.

Now the Vigors fair a bit better. I do applaud the decision to have an alternate attack for each Vigor (Holding down the command to use Devil's Kiss will lay a fire trap on a surface) making them even more useful. They even have a Vigor that acts as a shield, which is really cool, and is my favorite Vigor. But if you look at them a bit closer they all server a rather similar purpose. Bucking Bronco is a Stun. Shock Jockey, is a somewhat damaging stun. Murder Of Crows acts just like Shock Jockey, except it doesn't need to be aimed as accurately and Shock Jockey can be used on enemies standing in pools of water. Undertow is a stun. Devil's Kiss, Charge, Return To Sender and Possession are vastly different, and I have no problems with them.

But as you can see a lot of them are just used to Stun enemies. I would have liked to have seen some of these maybe either scrapped or modified so that there would be less of them. Instead in their place put things like something similar to Target Dummy or Telekinesis. Somethings that don't have a straightforward purpose and need a little bit of creativity to use effectively. Playing Bioshock was fun because you could experiment with weapon/plasmid or plasmid/plasmid or weapon/weapon combinations. Here it felt like that was sorely lacking.

About the ending:
    Obviously I will be explaining myself in spoilers.

Toggle Spoiler

The combat section is just my personal opinion. You wanted one, you got one. And I already know someone is going to chime in and say I still didn't understand the plot or the ending. Fine, whatever, keep defending it if you want. But if you do, explain yourself. Maybe I missed something, but I'm fairly certain I didn't.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 6 - Silver

Someday an Ninja Gaiden will get 10/10 (When that happens everybody will fly)
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    To be honest, I would much rather that reviews do away with "scores". Just tell the people the good, the bad, and let them decide for themselves.
    I completely agree with you on this. Giving a score to a game never made sense to me, as some games that receive high scores never seem to be as great as the score would claim, especially when a few years down the road, the game might not have stood the test of time very well, whereas a game that didn't score as high really does better a few years after release.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ecks13 View Post
    I may get some slack for me pic...

i think Asura's wrath should have gotten 10/10...the story is engaging, the fight scenes are crazy and dragon ball-ish...the characters are likable...and the plat, is difficult as fuck and once u get it, it's like a badge of honor...
    I admit that I liked Asura's Wrath, but the battles got to be dull towards the end of the game. It, to me, was the same thing over and over again. I would have preferred if the bosses had health bars instead of just "attack until you fill up the bar and press L2 to finish the sequence." But, as I said, I did like the game, as it was different from any of the other action games (at least that I've played) that you find on the market.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    To be honest, I would much rather that reviews do away with "scores". Just tell the people the good, the bad, and let them decide for themselves.
    I don't think it would work well like that, say IGN gave a great review of a crap game, e.g highlighted the good/great parts but kept quiet about the bad, this would fool people into purchasing the game, with the scores, you have their rating as a gauge but can also easily check it against other review levels and player levels, to find an average . If they were all only written, it would require reading/watching tons of reviews to even have a true picture of the game .
    I do agree it is a bit fucked up, but that's more down to the reviewers and possible personal gains, by not reviewing in a true light . Also sucks that people think anything below 8/10 is shit, the way I would rate things is this

1/10 - Do not ever pay money for this
    2/10 - Give it a shot if its free
    3/10 - Oh well, got fuck all else to do
    4/10 - They might hate it, but
    5/10 - Decent, could have been better
    6/10 - Enjoyed it .
    7/10 - Whens the next one out ?
    8/10 - This game is a keeper
    9/10 - Epic
    10/10 - A game changer
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12