Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Games with perfect scores

This is a discussion on Games with perfect scores within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; There are a fair number of games now with perfect scores, The Last of Us being the most recent . ...

Rangers F.C

Games with perfect scores

There are a fair number of games now with perfect scores, The Last of Us being the most recent . It is common sense that nothing can be perfect but in gaming 10/10 means its as close as possible, what are your thoughts on these games and scores ?

Do you think perfect scores are getting given out too often, or not ? please list any game you think deserved or did not deserve its perfect score and give your reasons why, you can even suggest games that fell short but you think warrant it .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

I will start the ball rolling, Red Dead Redemption was a class act but Undead nightmares perfect score was a joke if you ask me, I really never thought much about the game at all, probably 6 or 7/10 for me . Any thoughts on this ?

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Review - IGN 10/10 IGN review

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'll say Grand Theft Auto IV

This game was good but 10/10's and the highest rated metacritic of 98% is a joke.

It was a great game but not as good as other games and even San Andreas deserved a higher score.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I'll say Grand Theft Auto IV

This game was good but 10/10's and the highest rated metacritic of 98% is a joke.

It was a great game but not as good as other games and even San Andreas deserved a higher score.
    Actually Ocarina of Time is the highest rated game on Metacritic with a 99

Anyways I would also have to say GTAIV. I do not agree with anybody giving a ten to this game. I would give it probably an 8 or 8.5. Especially sense Red Dead Redemption blows GTAIV out of the water

Sig by Bladia

дурак

To be honest, I would much rather that reviews do away with "scores". Just tell the people the good, the bad, and let them decide for themselves.

But whatever, I'm not a reviewer or anything.

To answer your question is there a game that I feel didn't deserve a score that it got? Yeah, Bioshock Infinite. It is not as good as everyone made it out to be. As I played it, my enjoyment of it shriveled and eventually died. It's not a bad game, but it's just not as good as I was led to believe. The gameplay was a huge downgrade from Bioshock 1 OR 2. The story, while interesting, fell apart near the end. The list goes on. I just felt it could have been way better. Let's hope the DLC can help my viewpoint.

I shall await your torches and pitchforks.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 9 - Gold

Uncharted 3 I would of probably given an 8.5 or so, maybe playing The Last of Us ruined it for me but I was bored throughout it.
    Bioshock Infinite is another one that I would of probably given an 8.5-9.
    Skyrim, without the mods added by the gaming public on PC.
    GTA IV, probably my least liked GTA game of all but got the highest awards.

Lvl 4 - Silver

10/10 no flaws here, no other racing game matches up to this one, plain and simple.
    you got the crash damage, the awesome cars and pure driving fun

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Actually Ocarina of Time is the highest rated game on Metacritic with a 99
    Yeah I actually meant to say highest rated PS3 game

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    To be honest, I would much rather that reviews do away with "scores". Just tell the people the good, the bad, and let them decide for themselves.

But whatever, I'm not a reviewer or anything.

To answer your question is there a game that I feel didn't deserve a score that it got? Yeah, Bioshock Infinite. It is not as good as everyone made it out to be. As I played it, my enjoyment of it shriveled and eventually died. It's not a bad game, but it's just not as good as I was led to believe. The gameplay was a huge downgrade from Bioshock 1 OR 2. The story, while interesting, fell apart near the end. The list goes on. I just felt it could have been way better. Let's hope the DLC can help my viewpoint.

I shall await your torches and pitchforks.
    I would agree with you on that mate, Bioshock infinite was a very good game, played well but for me the story was the only thing amazing .

PRO Member

A perfect score by a reviewer is subjective.
    For me,a perfect game would have the following:
    Perfect gameplay,graphics,character development,setting,online play,story,and mechanics.
    If the flaws are small that doesn't effect the game experience,it's still a perfect game to me.
    Which is why I think The Last of Us deserves a perfect 10 IMO.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    A perfect score by a reviewer is subjective.
    For me,a perfect game would have the following:
    Perfect gameplay,graphics,character development,setting,online play,story,and mechanics.
    If the flaws are small that doesn't effect the game experience,it's still a perfect game to me.
    Which is why I think The Last of Us deserves a perfect 10 IMO.
    I agree, The Last Of Us is a perfect 10 for me.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Will Love you for Food

I never understood the acclaim that Uncharted got, specifically Uncharted 2 and 3, which got a couple 10/10's. I mean, it's nothing original IMO, they took influence from Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider to make a very simple game (gameplay wise). I'd give it a 8.5/10 at very best. I think too many sites give extra points for graphics. Graphics do not make a game good!

PRO Member

I may get some slack for me pic...

i think Asura's wrath should have gotten 10/10...the story is engaging, the fight scenes are crazy and dragon ball-ish...the characters are likable...and the plat, is difficult as fuck and once u get it, it's like a badge of honor...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    I never understood the acclaim that Uncharted got, specifically Uncharted 2 and 3, which got a couple 10/10's. I mean, it's nothing original IMO, they took influence from Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider to make a very simple game (gameplay wise). I'd give it a 8.5/10 at very best. I think too many sites give extra points for graphics. Graphics do not make a game good!
    I would have to disagree, Uncharted 2 was one of the gems of this generation and by far some of the best game play. It felt like you were on an adventure! And Graphics are really make or break for me, If a game has bad graphics it kind or ruins it for me even if they story is really good. Looking around at your environment and enjoying the scenery is what makes a game great, But that is just my opinion

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuvuu48- View Post
    I would have to disagree, Uncharted 2 was one of the gems of this generation and by far some of the best game play. It felt like you were on an adventure! And Graphics are really make or break for me, If a game has bad graphics it kind or ruins it for me even if they story is really good. Looking around at your environment and enjoying the scenery is what makes a game great, But that is just my opinion
    Like I said "perfect game scores are subjective"
    It depends on who's reviewing the game in the first place.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by apokolypz View Post
    I thought 2 was great but no 10/10, but 3 was a fucking joke, no way in the world it was a 10/10 .

Bringing the PAIN

To answer your question is there a game that I feel didn't deserve a score that it got? Yeah, Bioshock Infinite.
    No pitchforks or anything, I am far from a fanboy of this game… But let’s dive in real quick...

The gameplay was a huge downgrade from Bioshock 1 OR 2.
    Ok, please explain this? I have a hard time even comprehending how this is an opinion without actually hearing it is boggling. So please put elaborate a bit before you look like a hater.
    The story, while interesting, fell apart near the end.
    Ok now… usually when you hear this it’s because people either don’t get what happened, or think they made it too “SciFi”. The ENTIRE series was “SciFi”, so that point is invalid. And if you don’t get it, then there is no help for you. Story was amazing and the end was a mind fuck. It actually made the 2nd playthru better since you see what was going on all along, and how much they pointed out the truth from moment 1.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Urgh, i'm awful tired of the Bioshock Infinite whining, especially anything about the ending. It's at least a very good all round game, and at most, the current second best game of the year.

GTA IV getting 10's? Why not? for the when of it's release it deserved the acclaim, very little else truly made proper use of the hardware at the time bar Metal Gear Solid 4 just a few months later, it was still whip smart funny and i finished it three times personally so can't say it was ever boring, plus the addition of TBOGT and TLATD made the entire package greater.
    While i can agree it's not a 10 now, neither are a lot of older games, yet i still hold them in high regard, granted, i'm sure my opinion of GTA IV will dim slightly when GTA V shows up but it will always be an important game.

Games that don't deserve perfect scores? Modern Warfare, people got a little bit silly about it's solid, simple Multiplayer and a Singleplayer Plot that seems like a fluke in hindsight, World At War shat on MW but scored much lower.
    Bioshock is the other, when i see the bile spewed over Infinite, i look back to the first Bioshock and think ' well it told a good tale, as a game is was above average' that gets glossed over though because of two damn good plot points. i'm not saying it's awful, just that it's a solid 9.

Deserving a 10 this gen, despite the odd flaw, is Far Cry 3, a massive, and i mean mahoosive, improvement on the misguided, malaria ridden, second installment. The game does the things that hold several other titles back ( Crysis for one ) and adds a decent open world story to boot.

Bulletstorm also deserves 10's across the board for being Bulletstorm, you hate that game then you hate life.

Lvl 9 - Gold

For me it would have to be Mass Effect 2. It gets so many good scores, and while I enjoyed the game a lot, it felt like it wasn't that good. First of all the story barely progresses from the first game, not much is added. Gameplay is better, but character customization in terms of abilities and equipment is disappointing, you can't even use more than one power at a time (shared cooldowns unlike the first game). It has many great qualities like squad relationships and a fantastic in-game codex, but ME1 had this already. I'd say the game is highly overrated.

Now, a game that I think deserves a perfect score...? I don't think I can remember any. Probably Metal Gear Solid 3.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Back in high school I had a teacher that would never get out an A+ on this one project at the end of the year because he said that there is always something you can do better. It pissed me off to no end.

For me, perfect scores don't necessarily mean a perfect game. It means the game reached the highest score possible. Sure, there are some flaws in the game, just like every game ever made, but the game is just about as good as they come.

That being said, perfect scores should still be given out very sparingly, which I believe they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast