Ace Combat Infinity - Second Teaser

This is a discussion on Ace Combat Infinity - Second Teaser within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Watch the trailer before reading on. To anyone who has played Ace Combat 04 or Ace Combat 6, be excited. ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ace Combat Infinity - Second Teaser

Watch the trailer before reading on.

To anyone who has played Ace Combat 04 or Ace Combat 6, be excited. To anyone new to Ace Combat (or have only played Assault Horizon), welcome to the real stuff. To EVERYONE: You have absolutely no reason to not pick this game up.

Ace Combat Infinity, developed by Project Aces as most other Ace Combat games are, is the first free-to-play game of the series. Yes, it will cost nothing to download it when it releases later this year. However, it is exclusive to PlayStation 3.

Another entry of the series that will take place on Earth, Infinity is actually including some things from Strangereal onto our planet, including the Ulysses Asteroid (the catalyst for the events in Ace Combat 04 and Ace Combat 6, usually regarded as the best entries in the series), the Stonehenge Turret Network (hailing from Ace Combat 04), and the Aigaion and her fleet (hailing from Ace Combat 6). We also see some of Ace Combat's legendary aircraft such as the CFA-44 Nosferatu (introduced in Ace Combat 6) and the ASF-X Shinden II (introduced in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon).

In terms of single-player, Namco-Bandai tells us that this single-player story experience (which will be played solo) is original and new to the series. Indeed, the story has so far been confirmed to take place in Tokyo and Russia. However, a few hours ago, Kazutoki Kono (director of Assault Horizon; his role in Infinity is currently unknown) confirmed on Twitter that DFM (the dogfight system from Assault Horizon) will not make a return in Infinity.

In terms of multi-player, Namco-Bandai tells us that we will be able to split into two teams and, in a combo of co-op and competitive, work with our team to deal more damage against a common enemy than the other team.

There's no word on what exactly will be available as paid content for Infinity. The game will be free for all PS3 users to download later in 2013.

So, what do you guys think? Interested? Not interested? I sure as hell am interested; day one download for me. :)

Namco-Bandai Press Release: The endless blue awaits in ACE COMBAT

Platmate Ass Editor

Am excited about this game but I hoped that they revisit the Razgriz story of 5 instead of the Ulysses asteroid.

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by redcell89 View Post
    Am excited about this game but I hoped that they revisit the Razgriz story of 5 instead of the Ulysses asteroid.
    This or remake Ace Combat 5 As a fan of the series, I will be downloading this for sure.