Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ubisoft: "There is an end" to the AC Series

This is a discussion on Ubisoft: "There is an end" to the AC Series within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nostalgia Ubisoft Has Three Assassin's Creeds in Development, Vows Innovation He said Ubisoft currently has three Assassin's ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

He said Ubisoft currently has three Assassin's Creed games in development.

Presumably the count of three refers to 1) this year's game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag...

It doesn't mean 3 new games besides 4.

Rise Above

this back to back yearly sequel is getting dull already. I played AC 2 and I saw it boring. I just played through it to get the platinum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    this back to back yearly sequel is getting dull already. I played AC 2 and I saw it boring. I just played through it to get the platinum.
    You played through an entire game you found boring just for its platinum trophy, that's pretty sad

Lvl 10 - Platinum

They'll end it when the world does.

That's quite the stupid comment from Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed will end. Obviously it cannot go on forever. Next one should be space pirates and you can travel to new planets/worlds.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

AC3 was badass, cant wait for Black Flag.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The end is called, Watch Dogs.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i love the Future Missions in the last couple games i would buy a game completely futuristic thats the best way to reinvent the series
    *****General Of The Army/AoA Leader
    Richard Cser

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by powerpound14 View Post
    i love the Future Missions in the last couple games i would buy a game completely futuristic thats the best way to reinvent the series
    it needs to be in modern times while keeping gameplay or else what the fuck is the point about the current Conflict outside the animus.
    Last edited by Ps360; 11-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it needs to be in modern times while keeping gameplay or else what the fuck is the point about the current Conflict outside the anumus.
    Completely agree. I, as a few of my friends, believe that eventually Ubisoft will tie the Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs universes together. Not saying that I think it would be any good if they did this, but I don't put it above Ubisoft doing something like that.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMDK View Post
    Well, it makes sence that eventually all game series end. But for me the AC series should have ended already. There's just not enough new about each game anymore so it gets really boring. That's just my opinion but we'll see how far it goes.
    All I need to see is interesting new settings, story and characters. So far they have failed to deliver pretty consistently (though I haven't played 4 yet).

This is partly because of the three Ezio games but I've seen with AC: Liberation (of all things) that there is still a hell of a lot of potential there.

Game on....

Shoot me down in flames but i love the AC games, regardless of Ubisoft milking the hell out of the series. ACIII was a slight disappointment but hopefully black flag will be back on form.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Shoot me down in flames but i love the AC games, regardless of Ubisoft milking the hell out of the series. ACIII was a slight disappointment but hopefully black flag will be back on form.
    I've loved the series, with the exception of ACIII. Haven't played Black Flag yet, as I'll be playing it on PS4, however, I'd rather Ubisoft take some time off with the series to try to make a phenomenal experience as was with ACII. For the simple fact that ACIII had as long of a development cycle as it did and it under performed IMO as it did, I really can't say I'd be too excited for the series if Black Flag doesn't deliver.

I remember reading somewhere that Ubisoft said there would be more games to feature Connor if people liked him and, although it's doubtful that Ubisoft would continue to make games with Connor, I'd lose faith in Ubisoft if they make another game with him just because there wasn't any major world events that happened after the American Revolution where Connor would still be young enough to go through the events and then to produce a child, or even be capable of holding his own in a battle. Ezio was around 54 when he had his first child, and going from Connor's year of birth being 1756, the next event was Shay's Rebellion in 1786-87, with the French Revolution in 1789-99, so by the end of the French Revolution, Connor would be 43. It's possible for Connor to be involved in these (as far as timeline is concerned), as well as potentially be involved in the Latin American independence wars from that time period. Beyond that time frame, there are no events for Connor to participate in where he'd be able to sire a child. Personally, the only thing I'd be interested in is seeing in Assassin's Creed is the French Revolution, as the beheading of Louis XVI and later Marie Antoinette being the memorable events. And that ends my rant.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

By the time they get to do the modern day side properly, it will be horribly flat in impact no matter how polished a game it is. They could have easily arrived at a conclusion with Revelations but it's dragged out further and further for the sake of money.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I do think it will end but not anytime soon. Same here I feel like they will make a least 2 more games

Lvl 7 - Gold

although I buy the games, but in my opinion it should have ended already

Lvl 3 - Bronze

end it on ps3 so I can have the whole collection on one system
    don't want ps4

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMDK View Post
    Well, it makes sence that eventually all game series end. But for me the AC series should have ended already. There's just not enough new about each game anymore so it gets really boring. That's just my opinion but we'll see how far it goes.
    I agree to an extent. I am happy they are continuing the story. To be honest i was lost after AC 3, so story doenst make sense anymore.

I also enjoy this type of sandbox game, so i enjoy running around fooling around, while collecting stuff and earning money. Killing random enemies is the most fun, because you can kill them different ways.

so yea. Story is messed up, but for just random fun i want more of these games. Maybe they can stop the AC series and make another one. IDK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12