Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ubisoft: "There is an end" to the AC Series

This is a discussion on Ubisoft: "There is an end" to the AC Series within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Assassin's Creed developer Ubisoft has said it has ideas in place for the series' eventual ending - whenever that might ...

Banned

Ubisoft: "There is an end" to the AC Series

Assassin's Creed developer Ubisoft has said it has ideas in place for the series' eventual ending - whenever that might be.In a conversation with Eurogamer, Assassin's Creed 4 game director Ashraf Ismail explained the franchise's bosses had a rough idea of how they wanted the series to finish.
    "We have multiple development teams, then we have the brand team that sits on top and is filled with writers and designers concerned with the series' overall arc," Ismail explained. "So there is an overall arc, and each iteration has its place inside this.
    "We have an idea of where the end is, what the end is. But of course Yves [Guillemot, Ubisoft's overall boss] announced we are a yearly title, we ship one game a year. So depending on the setting, depending on what fans want, we've given ourselves room to fit more in this arc. But there is an end."
    "We have an idea of where the end is, what the end is. But of course Yves announced we are a yearly title."

One advantage of having multiple games in development at the same time is different teams are now able to share notes and include hints at future series entries.
    "We're now able to seed stuff earlier and earlier in our games," Ismail continued. "So for example in [AC4] we have Edward, who was seeded in AC3. But there's a lot more stuff in our game that is hinting at other possibilities."
    Ubisoft's collection of studios collectively gets at least two years for each major Assassin's Creed game, but there are still work-in-progress features pushed into the next instalment.
    Ship boarding had to be reduced to a cut-scene in AC3, despite originally being planned as a real-time event. AC4's team have now managed to implement this in Black Flag, but found themselves too ambitious in another area.
    "The biggest cut we made - which we were pushing hard for but we felt we couldn't achieve at a high enough quality - was multiplayer with naval [battles]," Ismail said.
    "We had really cool prototypes but to get it to work and to balance the systems - the balance of naval is tricky - to do that in multiplayer... we just couldn't do it in this iteration."
    We already know a few details about Assassin's Creed 5 - or whatever 2014's AC entry will be called. One of the primary studios working on it is Splinter Cell: Blacklist developer Ubisoft Toronto, which is headed up by one of the series' original co-creators, Jade Raymond.
    Source: "There is an end" to the Assassin's Creed series, Ubisoft says • News • Eurogamer.net

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well, it makes sence that eventually all game series end. But for me the AC series should have ended already. There's just not enough new about each game anymore so it gets really boring. That's just my opinion but we'll see how far it goes.
    Awesome sig made by Bladia

Ice Cream Firefighter

Ubisoft will milk it as long as we still buy them annually.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Bringing the PAIN

Yearly series... I.E. We wanna be CoD!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Well of course it's going to end... someday... 10 years maybe?.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Yup. They didn't say when.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by StealthMDK View Post
    Well, it makes sence that eventually all game series end. But for me the AC series should have ended already. There's just not enough new about each game anymore so it gets really boring. That's just my opinion but we'll see how far it goes.
    I wonder if they're making a game for each important time period. Like after Black Flag, it'll cover the Civil War, then the World Wars. Yeah they're really milkin it.

My - God of War, God of War II, God of War III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Lol. Once they see if Watch_Dogs is successful or not then they'll end it and milk Watch_Dogs instead.

Platinum Dohvakiin

The AC Series has already ended, Ubisoft just hasn't stopped making games for it yet.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Lvl 9 - Gold

Once they have made enough to cover all the time periods up until now they will finish it lol.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I bet that after AC4 they'll make about 2 new games and that's it. They're not complete retards and will know when to end this.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    The AC Series has already ended, Ubisoft just hasn't stopped making games for it yet.
    well they haven't killed the god yet.

so till then whatever.

i am liking the new take they did in the modern sections of the game though.

Also the fact that it's essentially Sid Meiers Pirates: Assassins Creed edition is enough for me.

Lvl 6 - Silver

well i think Black Flag will determine how this series is going to go it might open new doors to explore or it might kill the series once and for all it's all

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    well i think Black Flag will determine how this series is going to go it might open new doors to explore or it might kill the series once and for all it's all
    Unlikely since it's already been confirmed that Ubisoft has an additional 3 AC games in development alongside Black Flag.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
    Unlikely since it's already been confirmed that Ubisoft has an additional 3 AC games in development alongside Black Flag.
    3? No chance. They said they currenlty have 3 teams working on AC games. One of them is Black Flag. There's no chance there is another 3 AC games in development besides Black Flag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    3? No chance. They said they currenlty have 3 teams working on AC games. One of them is Black Flag. There's no chance there is another 3 AC games in development besides Black Flag.
    Ubisoft Has Three Assassin's Creeds in Development, Vows Innovation

Rangers F.C

Thank God

I expect at least another ten games though .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 6 - Silver

Keep it coming. Something different every year. I'll freaking get all of them. (I could do with a remake of the 1st, cause that game sucked ass)
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

I'm A Walking Anime......

Yeah, they will end it....when it stops making money
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    I bet that after AC4 they'll make about 2 new games and that's it. They're not complete retards and will know when to end this.
    They should've ended it already or at least made AC3 a decent game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast