I'm having trouble

This is a discussion on I'm having trouble within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I recently got a $20 Playstation card and now I have enough money to buy a cheap game. I had ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm having trouble

I recently got a $20 Playstation card and now I have enough money to buy a cheap game. I had a bunch I looked at but I ultimately singled it down to three games: Prototype, Bioshock, and Mass Effect. I'm having a hard time choosing because I want to play all three but I can only buy one and it'll be the only game I can buy for a while (want to save for Kingdom Hearts HD remake ). So, I thought that coming here and asking the community would help me choose through persuasion. Helpful things include how much fun you had, platinum length and difficulty (love collecting plats ) replayability and any other things that should be worth mentioning.

EDIT: Now it's just between Mass Effect and Bioschock. Prototype can wait... again. I keep putting off two games that I really want to get into. But this is where the biggest problem lies... which story do you think is better? I absolutely love a good story. And both seem to have amazing stories which makes it harder. I hate being so picky and choosy sometimes. :/
    Last edited by Yamis1brother; 08-06-2013 at 10:01 PM.

I make lego out of you!

Bioshock! it's a no brainer
    Making plat cards

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    Well, I've been wanting to play it even more since Infinite came out but what does it offer? Is it OK if you or anyone else reading this can tell me what makes Bioshock fun?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamis1brother View Post
    Well, I've been wanting to play it even more since Infinite came out but what does it offer? Is it OK if you or anyone else reading this can tell me what makes Bioshock fun?
    Honestly, if you can wait, you can get Bioshock Infinite, plus it comes with the 1st Bioshock for free. But to answer your question, I'd go with Mass Effect. It's a great game, and by now, you can get 2 & 3 for cheap at your game store, or online.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamis1brother View Post
    What makes Bioshock special is how unique it is and the perfect mix of story and gameplay.

There's a pack containing Bioshock 1 and 2 for about 20/30$. It's not on physical stores anymore but if you can buy online you can get it on Amazon. And it includes all DLC for both games. Also not all Bioshock Infinite copies come with Bioshock 1 (mine didn't). If you want to get into the Bioshock Series, which I think everyone should, I'd suggest doing that, then getting Bioshock Infinite (which is 30$ now btw).

So I'd say if you already have a 20$ card, go with Mass Effect. There's also a pack with all 3 but they don't come with DLC, so it's not that worth buying. I have yet to play Mass Effect 1 myself but I have both 2 and 3 and loved them.

Personally I enjoy more Bioshock than Mass Effect but in this particular case I'd buy Mass Effect.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Mass Effect, amazing game, hours of content, classes to pick, exploration, great 3rd person shooter. If you want a game that needs a lot of attention, that's your game. Music in the main menu is intoxicating.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Platinum Procrastinator

Honestly I don't think you could go wrong with either of the two, Mass Effect or Bioshock. Both are great games and some of my favorite series this generation.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Mini Ninja

I haven't played any of the Bioshock games (a tragedy I intend on fixing someday), but I can vouch for ME 1. It's a fantastic game with a strong story and fun characters. There is a bit of a grind if you're going for the collectibles side missions (i.e. finding all the minerals), but those missions can be easily skipped. I think going for the plat will keep you busy until your next purchase. You've got to play through the game at least 3 times, mostly because of the "ally" trophies that require you to complete the majority of the missions with each supporting character. In addition, one of those playthroughs has to be on insanity difficulty. I haven't gotten the plat yet, but according to Curb's ME trophy guide, you can expect to spend 50-80 hours to get that plat. It's a fun game to play, however, and following either the paragon (good guy) or renegade (bad guy) paths will provide you with a different experience in 2/3 playthroughs. No matter which game you choose, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    Bioshock was amazing, a true great, in its day . Going back to it now, you probably would think it sucked . I played it recently and its piss now . Same with Mass Effect, a friend gave me the first one, I planned to platinum all 3, I could only handle a couple hours, it sucks now .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge