Sony tweaks PlayStation Vita with latest update

This is a discussion on Sony tweaks PlayStation Vita with latest update within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A new system update for Sony's mobile gaming console lets you access content directly from another device. Owners of Sony's ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

Sony tweaks PlayStation Vita with latest update

A new system update for Sony's mobile gaming console lets you access content directly from another device.

Owners of Sony's PS Vita will find at least one cool new feature in the console's latest update.

Released on Tuesday, the Vita software update version 2.60 lets you play games and other content from a PS3 console or a computer without having to copy those items to the Vita. To access this feature, simply select the connected device from a list of categories and then choose the content you wish to play. Grabbing media from a PC or Mac requires you to first download and install Sony's Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation software.

You should now find it easier to upload or download saved data via the PlayStation Network servers, according to Sony. You can now customize the console's home screen through the Vita's system buttons. And finally, you'll discover new ways to control certain browser and video settings.

Vita owners can install the update via Wi-Fi or by connecting the console to a PS3 or computer.

Source

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Rise Above

I plan on getting a vita this fall because killzone mercenary is out on September 17. this update now really wants me to go get a vita after I get done typing haha.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nice update.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Love my Vita, already installed the update.

♚ Overlord ♔

Released on Tuesday, the Vita software update version 2.60 lets you play games and other content from a PS3 console or a computer without having to copy those items to the Vita.
    You can now play Vita games on Ps3 or PC? Sweet! Guessing you got to use Vita as a controller

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    I plan on getting a vita this fall because killzone mercenary is out on September 17. this update now really wants me to go get a vita after I get done typing haha.
    I guess you didn't hear the good news, a while ago they bumped the date up a week. It comes out September 10th now. But definitely still get a Vita!

And yeah, I installed this update last night. I really like the AA applied to the home screen bubbles, and the PS+ cloud save button on the LiveArea screens is a really nice touch. This was one of the most worthwhile updates the Vita has gotten in quite a while.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-murderer234 View Post
    You can now play Vita games on Ps3 or PC? Sweet! Guessing you got to use Vita as a controller
    I thought this too but seems too good to be true, can anyone confirm this?.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Neato Burrito! That sounds pretty awesome, and I've been planning to get a Vita for some time now, but had to buy other necessities and missed out at tax time this year. But my anniversary is coming up here on 1 October; gotta start dropping some not-so-subtle hints to the wife that the perfect gift for me is the PS Vita. Since I didn't really get shit for my birthday, I hope she remembers that and gets me one this time...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I still wish you could play your music and videos on your PS Vita from the PS3.

PRO Member

Cant wait to try this out and see how the Vita get better and better

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I still wish you could play your music and videos on your PS Vita from the PS3.
    you can and you always could.