Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!!

This is a discussion on DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Lightbringer I used to care about that a long time ago, I just stopped caring..But my MW3 ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I used to care about that a long time ago, I just stopped caring..But my MW3 plat is still 100% on my file because I didn't take any updates after I plat it lol
    It doesn't matter if you take any updates. It updates new trophies on your list automatically.

This is a way the game industry makes money. Some games are shit and don't deserve a DLC of any kind, but this is a guaranteed sale to completionists and they know it.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    No.

DLC's are additions to the game after the initial game has been released.
    In reality, the producers are saying, "Hey, we rushed out this game and now want to make even more money off of it. So here's 4 DLC packs that you can buy."

I really dislike the concept and I agree with the initial post.

Game developers... just put out a polished product and stop treating my wallet like it's a toy.
    Did you ever stop and think that maybe a whole lot of people actually enjoy DLC and new content in their games? Do you honestly think developers just create all this content before they release a game and then sit back, twiddle their thumbs and wait a few months to release it? Some developers may withhold Day one DLC, which I can agree is bullshit, but DLC packs that are released months or even years later definitely aren't a developer saying they rushed the game, I think it is more like, "thank you for supporting our game for so long, here is some extra content we created. If you enjoyed the base game I think you'll enjoy this too."

Banned

DLC's are additions to the game after the initial game has been released. In reality, the producers are saying, "Hey, we rushed out this game and now want to make even more money off of it. So here's 4 DLC packs that you can buy."
    Unfortunately for you, your statement is incorrect.

1. DLC is planned well in advance. Have you ever noticed that they've already segregated the DLC trophies from the main disc trophies, the moment you unpackage and install a new game?

2. DLC takes a lot of paperwork to implement. There are rules in place regarding things like how much you can charge and how many trophies/points you can award.

P.S. It's called downloadable content (DLC); not downloadable contents (DLCs or DLC's). It's like sheep or moose; not "sheeps" or "mooses".

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I use to think like that, use to bug me that it shows a Plat but only says I dont 70%. I preferred it when the DLC trophy list showed up seperatly.

Next Platinum Target
    Mafia 2 I Jax 3

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Did you ever stop and think that maybe a whole lot of people actually enjoy DLC and new content in their games? Do you honestly think developers just create all this content before they release a game and then sit back, twiddle their thumbs and wait a few months to release it? Some developers may withhold Day one DLC, which I can agree is bullshit, but DLC packs that are released months or even years later definitely aren't a developer saying they rushed the game, I think it is more like, "thank you for supporting our game for so long, here is some extra content we created. If you enjoyed the base game I think you'll enjoy this too."
    Whether people like it or not is besides the point. They should just put out a polished product in the first place and not try to rush things. It's gotten to be comical how every major game these days is assured to have DLC to it... For some, sure, it makes a lot of sense, but for most it's simply a money grab. For example, I believe the WWE 13 game has a bonus DLC of a few random characters? I mean come on now... just add them to the game instead of insulting my intelligence/wallet.

1. DLC is planned well in advance. Have you ever noticed that they've already segregated the DLC trophies from the main disc trophies, the moment you unpackage and install a new game?

2. DLC takes a lot of paperwork to implement. There are rules in place regarding things like how much you can charge and how many trophies/points you can award.

P.S. It's called downloadable content (DLC); not downloadable contents (DLCs or DLC's). It's like sheep or moose; not "sheeps" or "mooses".
    1. Are you saying they plan to take you money well in advance? I believe that is true. "Let's release the game, and have a plan set up to release some more downloadable content to take some additional money in". I am sure it's planned in advance these days.

2. Irrelevent. No matter what paperwok or rules are in place it doesn't change the fact that publishers are throwing out unfinished product and then well planned in advance money grabbing DLC.

And thanks for the terminology lesson.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I honestly think it depends on the developer/game. MW3 and B.Ops 2 had DLC planned prior to release for sure.
    Although a game like RAGE where the Scorchers DLC was released practically a year after the game.

Sometimes it seems like a money grab, sometimes it seems legit.

Edit: I also agree with the guy above me. Developers should release a solid product from day one, whoever thought of DLC was one lazy fucker.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

then delete them...
    oh wait u can't
    that's worse than dlc trophies

Lvl 4 - Silver

For the most part I don't mind DLC when it is adding another piece of the story to the game, but I'm not really fond of the DLC that is just adding characters, costumes, stuff that can make the game a million times easier or ones that require an entirely new piece of hardware just to play it. (LBP2, I'm looking at you.) DLC trophies do appear in separate lists from the core game now though so you would still be able to get your 100% for the core game at least... They actually even added in the ability to hide trophy lists with the last update... as long as you have a Vita.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Fight the Future

Whether people like it or not is besides the point. They should just put out a polished product in the first place and not try to rush things. It's gotten to be comical how every major game these days is assured to have DLC to it... For some, sure, it makes a lot of sense, but for most it's simply a money grab. For example, I believe the WWE 13 game has a bonus DLC of a few random characters? I mean come on now... just add them to the game instead of insulting my intelligence/wallet.

1. Are you saying they plan to take you money well in advance? I believe that is true. "Let's release the game, and have a plan set up to release some more downloadable content to take some additional money in". I am sure it's planned in advance these days.

2. Irrelevent. No matter what paperwok or rules are in place it doesn't change the fact that publishers are throwing out unfinished product and then well planned in advance money grabbing DLC.

And thanks for the terminology lesson.
    Just because a game has DLC does not mean it is rushed, and to say so is idiotic. DLC basically took the idea of expansion packs and broke it down into little pieces so if you didn't like all the content you wouldn't have to purchase it all. Alternatively, if you don't like ANY of the content you don't have to purchase ANY of it. Do some developers rush out unfinished products? Absolutely, but DLC isn't the reason they do so and most people are intelligent enough to realize when a game has been rushed and not up to their standards. Are some DLC packs money grabs? Again, absolutely, but that doesn't mean ALL DLC is a money grab. If you can't tell the different between the two, then I suppose that is your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    I honestly think it depends on the developer/game. MW3 and B.Ops 2 had DLC planned prior to release for sure.
    Although a game like RAGE where the Scorchers DLC was released practically a year after the game.

Sometimes it seems like a money grab, sometimes it seems legit.

Edit: I also agree with the guy above me. Developers should release a solid product from day one, whoever thought of DLC was one lazy fucker.
    Many, hell most developers release a solid product from day one in terms of content at least. Yeah a lot of games require patches but that is a whole 'nother conversation. You think developers just pull the code for DLC out their ass? DLC takes work to produce, code and implement into the game. Even if DLC is planned before the game is released that doesn't mean they're withholding content just to charge you for it later.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Just because a game has DLC does not mean it is rushed, and to say so is idiotic. DLC basically took the idea of expansion packs and broke it down into little pieces so if you didn't like all the content you wouldn't have to purchase it all. Alternatively, if you don't like ANY of the content you don't have to purchase ANY of it. Do some developers rush out unfinished products? Absolutely, but DLC isn't the reason they do so and most people are intelligent enough to realize when a game has been rushed and not up to their standards. Are some DLC packs money grabs? Again, absolutely, but that doesn't mean ALL DLC is a money grab. If you can't tell the different between the two, then I suppose that is your own problem.

Many, hell most developers release a solid product from day one in terms of content at least. Yeah a lot of games require patches but that is a whole 'nother conversation. You think developers just pull the code for DLC out their ass? DLC takes work to produce, code and implement into the game. Even if DLC is planned before the game is released that doesn't mean they're withholding content just to charge you for it later.

1. There shouldn't be any additional content from the start. You can't compare DLC to an Expansion pack. That's like saying do you want a burger by itself or in a meal. That's the reason why I said solid product.

2. If the choice is there for us to purchase it or not, why shouldn't there be an option to not add them to your list?

3. Lol. They don't need to pull the code out of their ass. The codes are the same as the base game -_- if they weren't how can they implement it?

You said it yourself, some DLC is a money grab.

At the end of the day, it's all just someone's opinion. Noone is right and noone is wrong.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

it dont really bother me about the % if i have the plat, but reading some of the posts on here makes me think all the pubs/devs should scrap all the dlc anyway and just put all the content on the original disk just like they did before, because it now almost like they make half a game then sell you the rest thought dlc ano it makes them money but its pathetic,

here's one example of pathetic dlc. in dead space 3 you can buy a sub machine gun for 1.99 lol seriously!!!
    Last edited by nuta1; 08-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Rise Above

I have no problem with it, aslong as there not required to plat.

Buy my book, Alteration

Doesn't bother me, I usually choose to separate my lists between main game and DLC. If I want to experience everything a game can offer, I'll get the DLC, and earn me some trophies.

Plus, I'll never reach 100% completion due to online servers or just laziness, so seeing a 100% is great, but not the end of the world if it's not there.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by ALL-HAIL-LEADER View Post
    I have no problem with it, aslong as there not required to plat.
    I'm only aware of 3 games this generation that require DLC to obtain platinum.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm only aware of 3 games this generation that require DLC to obtain platinum.
    what are they? never heard of any game require dlc for plat trophys

Lvl 6 - Silver

never bothered me, if i could choose i would prefer all online trophies to count towards the 100% too, and the plats only be covered by the single player stuff, cos online trophies for plats are simply unfair, especially games that don't let you host private games, and want you to win like 100 matches online, or any '8 player meet' type bullshit, cos we have to then rely on other people to be able to get 'our' platinum, and with shitty servers and cheaters etc online you don't stand a bloody chance, cos no matter how good you are at a game there will always be someone better.

as for DLC, i don't grudge paying for it, cos its not expensive (like 7 at the most), and if i really enjoy the game and the DLC isn't just online trophies then yeah i wanna play more and go for the 100%

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    1. There shouldn't be any additional content from the start. You can't compare DLC to an Expansion pack. That's like saying do you want a burger by itself or in a meal. That's the reason why I said solid product.

2. If the choice is there for us to purchase it or not, why shouldn't there be an option to not add them to your list?

3. Lol. They don't need to pull the code out of their ass. The codes are the same as the base game -_- if they weren't how can they implement it?

You said it yourself, some DLC is a money grab.

At the end of the day, it's all just someone's opinion. Noone is right and noone is wrong.
    That is the whole point. If you don't want any additional content you don't have to purchase DLC, but if you enjoy the base game and want more than you have the option to purchase some more content that developers put out. Just because YOU don't want more content with your games doesn't mean EVERYONE else feels the same way.

And please explain to me how an expansion pack and DLC are different concepts. An expansion pack is generally a large piece of extra content that developers create for people who enjoyed the base game, and charge money for. DLC is small pieces of extra content that developers put out for people who enjoyed the base game, and (usually) charge money for.

Yeah, SOME DLC is a money grab, nowhere did I say ALL DLC is a money grab. You are free to have your opinion on DLC and you are free to not buy DLC. But to say there shouldn't be any additional content for games is idiotic. Why do you feel your opinion is more valid than other gamers? If DLC was forced on you and you had to buy it to play the base game I'd agree with you, but it is completely 100% optional for those who will enjoy the content so why would you want fellow gamers to have less fun with their games?

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    what are they? never heard of any game require dlc for plat trophys
    The only game I personally have experience with is Eye of Judgment. It required 2 DLC packs to get platinum; each pack was $10.

I'd list the rest, but I'm sure google can help anyone interested in the answer.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

As long as they never count towards the Platinum, I'm cool with it. Part of having the 100% completion of a game is being able to say you conquered every challenge the devs threw at you. If you don't have the dlc and it's trophies, then you fell short of that goal.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    As long as they never count towards the Platinum, I'm cool with it. Part of having the 100% completion of a game is being able to say you conquered every challenge the devs threw at you. If you don't have the dlc and it's trophies, then you fell short of that goal.
    I'm confused...as long as they never count towards the platinum, you're cool? As long as what never counts? The DLC, cause if so, you're ending comment doesn't make sense. And as for falling short of the goal, I disagree and believe you are wrong. I conquered the challenges the devs through at me from day one out of the box. Why do I have to pay for whatever they didn't include or for what they have amazingly put out a year later? If I download it, then update my trophy / status for the game. If not, I should keep my 100%. I am in no way a completionist or OCD whatever. I've always been about principle and I guess that's my point here.

For those that keep saying "you fall short" or "oh well if you don't buy the DLC", you are all missing the point. Day one from what's released, if it's been platted and 100%, then that's how it should be....unless I pay for it and they want to update the status or just add %'s on top of the 100, then there it is. And again, I could afford every DLC, but for those that can't, that's fair? Or if it's a suck ass DLC. God help everyone if they released DLC for Tomb Raider MP. Like really? That in itself should end the argument about DLC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast