Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!!

This is a discussion on DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by iWin4Prep No. DLC's are additions to the game after the initial game has been released. In reality, ...

  1. #41
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    katsujinken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rosario
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by iWin4Prep View Post
    No.

    DLC's are additions to the game after the initial game has been released.
    In reality, the producers are saying, "Hey, we rushed out this game and now want to make even more money off of it. So here's 4 DLC packs that you can buy."

    I really dislike the concept and I agree with the initial post.

    Game developers... just put out a polished product and stop treating my wallet like it's a toy.
    I Agree!

  2. #42
    Still the Chocobo
    Hall_Of_Game's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    My Computer
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    72

    It's clear that most DLC is "extra" that didn't make it in time. I've seen some that are genuinely extras and I'm okay with that. Either way, It is part of the game after they release it and becomes part of the trophy list. Apparently though, you can separate those (I had no clue) and that should fix the problem for people who DIE when their 100% is sullied by DLC trophies.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge



    Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.


    Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D



    If I could, I would GLOW




  3. #43
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,495
    Reputation
    81

    A lot of DLC just does not fit into the original game. Like Dead Space 2's DLC would not have fit well enough into the game, it would have been too separate, and many other games as well have that. MP DLC is just an extension of the mp, just cause it didn't make it to the game doesn't mean a game should be delayed for it. Most people who play mp to a game they bought want more content to continue playing, releasing it for free is not worth it most of the time.

    I see you have a lot of games you don't have 100% at, non mp ones too. Why would it matter at all if you're not going for 100%? Sure higher percentage is nice, but if you can't deal with the games trophies you don't deserve a 100% list, simple as that.

    Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

  4. #44
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    That is the whole point. If you don't want any additional content you don't have to purchase DLC, but if you enjoy the base game and want more than you have the option to purchase some more content that developers put out. Just because YOU don't want more content with your games doesn't mean EVERYONE else feels the same way.

    And please explain to me how an expansion pack and DLC are different concepts. An expansion pack is generally a large piece of extra content that developers create for people who enjoyed the base game, and charge money for. DLC is small pieces of extra content that developers put out for people who enjoyed the base game, and (usually) charge money for.

    Yeah, SOME DLC is a money grab, nowhere did I say ALL DLC is a money grab. You are free to have your opinion on DLC and you are free to not buy DLC. But to say there shouldn't be any additional content for games is idiotic. Why do you feel your opinion is more valid than other gamers? If DLC was forced on you and you had to buy it to play the base game I'd agree with you, but it is completely 100% optional for those who will enjoy the content so why would you want fellow gamers to have less fun with their games?

    1. No need to explain something you're already explaining. The concept is the same, but they are NOT the same thing.

    2. Wait, you're calling someone elses opinion idiotic over a forum? What the fuck is wrong with you? It applies to you to, why is your opinion more valid than other gamers? I never once said that my opinion is more valid than someone else, don't say things that weren't said.

    I have been playing games since '92 when I was 3. I'm 24 now, I have played alot of games over a vast number of different consoles. And you know what? Funnily enough, I always go back to the old games. Why? Because they are solid and complete.

    Anyway, I don't mind. Its just the internet and its people like you that stick to one view and end up getting screwed over and scammed. Just open your eyes and get your head out of your ass. You're getting charged for something that should have been in the base game from the start!!!

    Btw, I might not post much but I do read on these forums alot.
    (Alot of your comments are negative and consist on putting the other person down, you're a piece of shit and I bet you're the biggest fucking loser)

    You got defensive because I don't agree with what you think. Learn to accept that you cannot always be correct. Especially when it comes to opinions, NOONE IS RIGHT AND NOONE IS WRONG.


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  5. #45
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nuta1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    As long as they never count towards the Platinum, I'm cool with it. Part of having the 100% completion of a game is being able to say you conquered every challenge the devs threw at you. If you don't have the dlc and it's trophies, then you fell short of that goal.
    not really. i dont agree with that comment maybe people dont like the game that much to purchase more of it! i've purchased dlc for 3 games ac:brotherhood, mafia 2 and red dead redemption all good games i enjoyed but not much else deserves my attention so why should i buy maps for mp games when there worthless and should of come with the original game or short dlc for a game that has 4 missions just to say i conquered every challenge the devs threw at me. lol yea ok, sounds like you work for ea lol

  6. #46
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nuta1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    1. No need to explain something you're already explaining. The concept is the same, but they are NOT the same thing.

    2. Wait, you're calling someone elses opinion idiotic over a forum? What the fuck is wrong with you? It applies to you to, why is your opinion more valid than other gamers? I never once said that my opinion is more valid than someone else, don't say things that weren't said.

    I have been playing games since '92 when I was 3. I'm 24 now, I have played alot of games over a vast number of different consoles. And you know what? Funnily enough, I always go back to the old games. Why? Because they are solid and complete.

    Anyway, I don't mind. Its just the internet and its people like you that stick to one view and end up getting screwed over and scammed. Just open your eyes and get your head out of your ass. You're getting charged for something that should have been in the base game from the start!!!

    Btw, I might not post much but I do read on these forums alot.
    (Alot of your comments are negative and consist on putting the other person down, you're a piece of shit and I bet you're the biggest fucking loser)

    You got defensive because I don't agree with what you think. Learn to accept that you cannot always be correct. Especially when it comes to opinions, NOONE IS RIGHT AND NOONE IS WRONG.
    yea i agree with you, most dlc is now advertised before a game is even released so it should basically come with the original game, the trend now seems to be make a game then cut some of the content out of it and charge them extra to play it. MONEY GRAB!

  7. #47
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    1. No need to explain something you're already explaining. The concept is the same, but they are NOT the same thing.

    2. Wait, you're calling someone elses opinion idiotic over a forum? What the fuck is wrong with you? It applies to you to, why is your opinion more valid than other gamers? I never once said that my opinion is more valid than someone else, don't say things that weren't said.

    I have been playing games since '92 when I was 3. I'm 24 now, I have played alot of games over a vast number of different consoles. And you know what? Funnily enough, I always go back to the old games. Why? Because they are solid and complete.

    Anyway, I don't mind. Its just the internet and its people like you that stick to one view and end up getting screwed over and scammed. Just open your eyes and get your head out of your ass. You're getting charged for something that should have been in the base game from the sta!rt!!

    Btw, I might not post much but I do read on these forums alot.
    (Alot of your comments are negative and consist on putting the other person down, you're a piece of shit and I bet you're the biggest fucking loser)

    You got defensive because I don't agree with what you think.
    Learn to accept that you cannot always be correct. Especially when it comes to opinions, NOONE IS RIGHT AND NOONE IS WRONG.
    The opinion that I have does nothing to harm gamers and their enjoyment of a game. If you had your way we'd never see any extra content from games so people who would actually like to see that content would be shit out of luck. If we keep it like it is now though, people who want extra content are more than free to purchase and enjoy it and those who don't want it are more than free to ignore it and spend their money elsewhere.

    I've been gaming most of my life as well and have built up a pretty extensive collection of both consoles and games. I play older games as well as new games. Why? Because I enjoy gaming and everything it has to offer. If add-on content was available for Scramble on my Vectrex, I'd see how fun it looks and if I liked it I'd probably purchase it.

    I'm the one being defensive? Not once did I throw out any personal insults (saying an opinion is idiotic isn't a personal insult. It wasn't directed at you as a person) yet here you are claiming I'm a piece of shit and "the biggest fucking loser." So, my friend, it seems to me that you're the one who is being defensive. Not only that, you've taken to acting like a pre-teen child and throwing insults that frankly make no sense. Of course that is to be expected from someone who has an "It's 4:20 Somewhere" banner in their signature.

    I just really don't understand what is so hard about not buying something if you don't want it. In my opinion my local grocery store should stop carrying Pepsi because I prefer Coca-Cola, who cares about all the others who want Pepsi. That is basically what you're saying with the DLC argument. People lose out on content if we go your route and as a fellow gamer why would you want someone to get less enjoyment from one of their games?



  8. #48
    Lvl 2 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    3

    As is with every industry ever; there are going to be cash grabs and things that just suck. I'm not sure why this is being discussed like every game ever has DLC, and every game with DLC has horrible money grabbing DLC that it's not a complete game without but, it's so subjective and mixed up that it's simply impossible to have a right and wrong answer and it's hard to even comment on. Especially without making generalizations. I've never encountered DLC and I doubt I ever will but, counting towards completion makes sense. That doesn't mean it's always good though.

  9. #49
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    The opinion that I have does nothing to harm gamers and their enjoyment of a game. If you had your way we'd never see any extra content from games so people who would actually like to see that content would be shit out of luck. If we keep it like it is now though, people who want extra content are more than free to purchase and enjoy it and those who don't want it are more than free to ignore it and spend their money elsewhere.

    I've been gaming most of my life as well and have built up a pretty extensive collection of both consoles and games. I play older games as well as new games. Why? Because I enjoy gaming and everything it has to offer. If add-on content was available for Scramble on my Vectrex, I'd see how fun it looks and if I liked it I'd probably purchase it.

    I'm the one being defensive? Not once did I throw out any personal insults (saying an opinion is idiotic isn't a personal insult. It wasn't directed at you as a person) yet here you are claiming I'm a piece of shit and "the biggest fucking loser." So, my friend, it seems to me that you're the one who is being defensive. Not only that, you've taken to acting like a pre-teen child and throwing insults that frankly make no sense. Of course that is to be expected from someone who has an "It's 4:20 Somewhere" banner in their signature.

    I just really don't understand what is so hard about not buying something if you don't want it. In my opinion my local grocery store should stop carrying Pepsi because I prefer Coca-Cola, who cares about all the others who want Pepsi. That is basically what you're saying with the DLC argument. People lose out on content if we go your route and as a fellow gamer why would you want someone to get less enjoyment from one of their games?
    1. LOL why is that to be expected Mr Stereotype? You aren't convincing in your rants, there is too much bias involved. Example: You like DLC so you want DLC to stay. For me though, I like DLC but my argument is actually against it. I'm taking everything else into consideration and you should to.
    A game company is a business. A business' main goal is to make as much money as possible.

    2. You don't understand because you think your opinions are superior. The choice shouldn't be there from the start. Why are we paying extra for content that should have been included in the first place? Instead of paying extra for something we already own, shouldn't our loyalty to the company in question, reward us with DLC for playing the game for so long? I understand the ideas are new and what not, but it doesn't change the fact that we already own the product.

    I didn't mean for no DLC to exist at all, the way it was typed made it sound wrong. I'm meant to say it about DLC that is planned pre-production and the micro-transactions like extra player skins, new weapons, a vehicle, etc.

    To me, it doesn't feel right knowing that a game is going to be released that isn't 100% complete.

    Kind of drifting off the OP so I'll just leave it there.


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  10. #50
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    2

    I do like Turk's response / point....if the game they aren't releasing is 100% or will have an add on, that's fine.....but we shouldn't have to take a hit with the trophies / completion nor should we have to dish out $ in order to keep it at 100%. I think something should be done, and I think the solutions I mentioned earlier are quite simple. For the most part, there is some good DLC out there and there is some horrible DLC out there. If it betters the game, or is something that the devs had drawn up but needed time to incorporate it, that's fine. We benefit, but for those that just throw it out there for the $$ is just dumb. I'm not against DLC at all, as long as it's 1) constructed to benefit and make the game better / make the gamer happy and 2) DOES NOT SCREW UP OUR TROPHIES / COMPLETION %'s Again, some DLC is worth it and some it not....we should not be obligated to buy it for keeping a 100%; if we beat the original out of the box, then that's that. Incorporate two of the solutions I mentioned for anything after. Hopefully that makes sense, and hopefully you can see where I'm coming in with Turk on this.

  11. #51
    The Site Mascot
    ATHF89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    309
    Reputation
    25

    Me honestly don't see it as a concern because I eventually buy all of the DLC for a game anyways, even if it is non-trophy DLC. Hey the DLC makes the game complete in my eyes, I prefer having everything available to me.

    Avater and signature created by my Best Friend DaRe_xLw
    Aqua's Furry Adventures Through Time and Space.

  12. #52
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    I see where the people that have posted that DLC is part of the game and should be counted towards 100% completion are coming from, however, nowadays, most DLC is just a money-making tool and doesn't add to the game experience (and IMO, is just plain dumb). For example, a $5-10 DLC that is just a few new characters and/or maps. WTF?! That is just goading people out of their money, yet thousands and thousands of people continuously buy them.
    Now, if the DLC WAS a part of the core game, let's take the 2 DLCs for Assassin's Creed 2 for example, those were cut from the game due to budget and/or time constraints (can't remember if it was one or the other, or perhaps both), yet they did add onto the game experience because they added onto the story. Now, there weren't trophies for those 2 DLCs, but if there were, then yes, they should have counted towards completion, and it wasn't goading people out of their money, as it was a near-finished part of the game that got cut and was released after the game was out for a few months.
    Last edited by mikesorrell; 08-18-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: ending of post was confusing

  13. #53
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    stealthkiller22's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    735
    Reputation
    6

    the 100 percent completion not even something to feel accomplished about anyway , i feel more accomplished getting the platinum if i was planning to get it , dlc trophies are just a bonus some games have interesting dlc trophies that make you want to hunt them, i would never buy dlc if it not worthy gameplay wise

    what if they split dlc trophies into it own category but then the trophy list will be huge with quite a bit of games that have dlc trophies. it would feel weird though if it had a separate category

  14. #54
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Mihalick's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    780
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by nuta1 View Post
    not really. i dont agree with that comment maybe people dont like the game that much to purchase more of it! i've purchased dlc for 3 games ac:brotherhood, mafia 2 and red dead redemption all good games i enjoyed but not much else deserves my attention so why should i buy maps for mp games when there worthless and should of come with the original game or short dlc for a game that has 4 missions just to say i conquered every challenge the devs threw at me. lol yea ok, sounds like you work for ea lol
    I actually hate dlc and never purchase any. The only time I've played any dlc that wasn't a free download was when I picked up Ultimate/Complete/GOTY/etc. editions of a game and it comes with it by default, and I've never purchased an ultimate edition of a game I already own. I also don't cry when I can't get a 100% because of that.

    As far as "should have been a part of the game already", then you would be paying more than $60 for a game (which I'm sure would create more bitching), game would take longer to be scheduled for released, there would be more bugs, games would have their release dates pushed back, or content just plain wouldn't come to frutation and be scrapped.

    The percentage displayed by the title in your list is for the life of the entire product. You can still see your 100% of the standalone game if you have your system divide trophies. That's all you earned, and it was your decision to do so. Deal with it. It's not like you didn't know DLC was coming when you bought the game.

    MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE


  15. #55
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    babaganoosh08's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spira
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Emporia View Post
    Good point Babaganoooooooooooshh, however, if I take the game out of the box and complete everything initially, then that's a 100%, so why do I have to suffer for DLC or DLC that's dumb and just money making? The original game was completed; the DLC technically was never part of the original game correct? So, I like my last second thought of just having the %'s go to 110%, 105%, 130%, etc. I think it would be a win win for everyone. Like I said and others already, some people can't afford the DLC nor want to buy the DLC if it sucks, so why have to suffer. Granted I'm not a crazy trophy guy as I said, but I would think those that really strive for that would like this idea.
    still part of the game, and you havent done it, so no 100% for you.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

  16. #56
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    still part of the game, and you havent done it, so no 100% for you.
    Lol....keep telling yourself that...........wasn't part of the game to release therefore not part of the 100%. It's added on, so it's additional....as everyone has said, look at the BS DLC out there, but you keep trying to irritate everybody (or perhaps myself) with the DLC counts towards the 100%. It in fact does, but overall, as most are saying the plat is what counts. I'll smile with my 80% and platted game than dishing out and wasting money for retarded DLC.....only a handful of games that I've done DLC for, and all were legit.....so you keep blabbing your point every 20 posts as it doesn't contribute anything to what's being discussed. I think it's obvious that if you don't want the DLC, you're not going to get the 100% but tell us one more time. Maybe someone doesn't understand what your point is.

  17. #57
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Callavero's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    194
    Reputation
    8

    First off yeah it would be nice if DLC didn't count for your % unless you actually bought and installet it. It doesn't matter much to me personally but for all those that do care it would be a nice way to fix it.

    Now for those of you stating that DLC are things cut from the game and they release unfinished games just to make more money later, you are completly wrong. Sure there is a few games now and then that actually do it, but generally this is far from normal. Most games have always had content cut from them, even those old games most of us enjoy and likes to go back to. Game developers have a deadline so more often then not aren't able to incorporate all the things they want into the game due to time limits. These days however due to fast internet that most of us have it is possible to finish some of those things cut before the deadline and put it out as DLC later. Before this would only have been possible to do by putting it on disc as an expansion.

  18. #58
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by Emporia View Post
    Lol....keep telling yourself that...........wasn't part of the game to release therefore not part of the 100%. It's added on, so it's additional....as everyone has said, look at the BS DLC out there, but you keep trying to irritate everybody (or perhaps myself) with the DLC counts towards the 100%. It in fact does, but overall, as most are saying the plat is what counts. I'll smile with my 80% and platted game than dishing out and wasting money for retarded DLC.....only a handful of games that I've done DLC for, and all were legit.....so you keep blabbing your point every 20 posts as it doesn't contribute anything to what's being discussed. I think it's obvious that if you don't want the DLC, you're not going to get the 100% but tell us one more time. Maybe someone doesn't understand what your point is.
    I don't think you grasp the concept of percentages.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  19. #59
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    still part of the game, and you havent done it, so no 100% for you.
    The point is; it wasn't part of the game when I bought it. I completed the entire game, if I traded that game and they release a dlc 2 months later. What the hell am I suppose to do? If the dlc sucks and isn't worth the money, which it often is.

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  20. #60
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Callavero View Post
    First off yeah it would be nice if DLC didn't count for your % unless you actually bought and installet it. It doesn't matter much to me personally but for all those that do care it would be a nice way to fix it.

    Now for those of you stating that DLC are things cut from the game and they release unfinished games just to make more money later, you are completly wrong. Sure there is a few games now and then that actually do it, but generally this is far from normal. Most games have always had content cut from them, even those old games most of us enjoy and likes to go back to. Game developers have a deadline so more often then not aren't able to incorporate all the things they want into the game due to time limits. These days however due to fast internet that most of us have it is possible to finish some of those things cut before the deadline and put it out as DLC later. Before this would only have been possible to do by putting it on disc as an expansion.
    BF4 already announced a new map pack

    What PSN should do is make DLCS a new and separate trophy list.

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO