Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!!

This is a discussion on DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Maybe some day people will understand that the whole trophy / achievementsystem is invented to make you buy more games ...

  1. #61
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    3

    Maybe some day people will understand that the whole trophy / achievementsystem is invented to make you buy more games / dlc.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4


  2. #62
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Reputation
    0

    I try to go for 100%. Irs expensive, and sommetimes impossible to get it. (Uncharted 2 dlc's cant Be bought in my country...

  3. #63
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    267
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I actually hate dlc and never purchase any. The only time I've played any dlc that wasn't a free download was when I picked up Ultimate/Complete/GOTY/etc. editions of a game and it comes with it by default, and I've never purchased an ultimate edition of a game I already own. I also don't cry when I can't get a 100% because of that.

    As far as "should have been a part of the game already", then you would be paying more than $60 for a game (which I'm sure would create more bitching), game would take longer to be scheduled for released, there would be more bugs, games would have their release dates pushed back, or content just plain wouldn't come to frutation and be scrapped.

    The percentage displayed by the title in your list is for the life of the entire product. You can still see your 100% of the standalone game if you have your system divide trophies. That's all you earned, and it was your decision to do so. Deal with it. It's not like you didn't know DLC was coming when you bought the game.
    1. I live in Australia buddy, paying more than $60 is standard for me, I don't complain.

    2. Its common sense to know that there will be more bugs, considering there would be more content form the start and the only way they will take longer is if they were planning to include the DLC as original content.

    3. Don't you think that's wrong though? Knowing that extra content is going to be released from the day you buy the game? That turns me off completely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Callavero View Post
    First off yeah it would be nice if DLC didn't count for your % unless you actually bought and installet it. It doesn't matter much to me personally but for all those that do care it would be a nice way to fix it.

    Now for those of you stating that DLC are things cut from the game and they release unfinished games just to make more money later, you are completly wrong. Sure there is a few games now and then that actually do it, but generally this is far from normal. Most games have always had content cut from them, even those old games most of us enjoy and likes to go back to. Game developers have a deadline so more often then not aren't able to incorporate all the things they want into the game due to time limits. These days however due to fast internet that most of us have it is possible to finish some of those things cut before the deadline and put it out as DLC later. Before this would only have been possible to do by putting it on disc as an expansion.
    How can I be completely wrong if you just agreed with me?


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  4. #64
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Archvile's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    5

    I'm glad DLC trophies doesn't affect the platinum. I do know on 360 if you get 1000/1000 you get an image of the game in "completed" but as soon as a DLC is out it cancel out the "completion" and thats sorta annoying.

  5. #65
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    LakeHylia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    168
    Reputation
    3

    Probably would frustrate players who are so close to earning that Platinum...then DLC trophies are added, so they have to spend more money just to earn those before that Platinum is officially theirs.

  6. #66
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    babaganoosh08's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spira
    Posts
    292
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Emporia View Post
    Lol....keep telling yourself that...........wasn't part of the game to release therefore not part of the 100%. It's added on, so it's additional....as everyone has said, look at the BS DLC out there, but you keep trying to irritate everybody (or perhaps myself) with the DLC counts towards the 100%. It in fact does, but overall, as most are saying the plat is what counts. I'll smile with my 80% and platted game than dishing out and wasting money for retarded DLC.....only a handful of games that I've done DLC for, and all were legit.....so you keep blabbing your point every 20 posts as it doesn't contribute anything to what's being discussed. I think it's obvious that if you don't want the DLC, you're not going to get the 100% but tell us one more time. Maybe someone doesn't understand what your point is.
    Ok, first, i dont need to keep telling myself anything because i understand how it works. Im telling you. Second, Im not trying to annoy anyone. Just trying to let you know that no matter what you think, you dont deserve 100% if you haven't done everything the game has to offer ( base game or DLC ) but i do understand it gets annoying someone crying about the same old stuff. im sure im not the only person to fall into this pointless convo
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

  7. #67
    Witch of the Void
    Golden Darkness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Itogami Island
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    14

    Well technically it should count towards your overall completion percentage and it is kind of a seperate entity in that it doesn't affect your problem so what is the problem?

    You have the choice to buy it or not, nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to do they?

    Fair enough some DLC is overpriced and selfishly already on the disc like Street Fighter X Tekken's extra characters but others are legitimately new pieces of data as you can tell by the difference in filesizes. Sometimes the DLC is useless, not fun or whatever but sometimes it is just as enjoyable or enhances the replay value of a game and to be fair this whole discussion isn't going to have anybody who is right or wrong.

    To those complaining excessively though just be happy every game doesn't follow the Street Fighter route and just release an entirely new game with two or so characters and add the words "Super" "Ultimate" or the like in front of the original title.

  8. #68
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    jaws-ate's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Le Mansion De Murray
    Posts
    1,077
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I also hate seeing dlc trophies ruin my plats. I understand they are part of the game but I don't think the dlc trophy set should install unless you buy the dlc. I don't usually keep a game around after I plat it so why should my trophy list suffer because I don't want to keep the game for 6 months and then pay extra money just to maintain my 100% It's a cash grab and I don't buy into it unless it's a game I really like and the dlc seems interesting.

  9. #69
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I also hate seeing dlc trophies ruin my plats. I understand they are part of the game but I don't think the dlc trophy set should install unless you buy the dlc. I don't usually keep a game around after I plat it so why should my trophy list suffer because I don't want to keep the game for 6 months and then pay extra money just to maintain my 100% It's a cash grab and I don't buy into it unless it's a game I really like and the dlc seems interesting.
    My thoughts exactly.

  10. #70
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I also hate seeing dlc trophies ruin my plats. I understand they are part of the game but I don't think the dlc trophy set should install unless you buy the dlc. I don't usually keep a game around after I plat it so why should my trophy list suffer because I don't want to keep the game for 6 months and then pay extra money just to maintain my 100% It's a cash grab and I don't buy into it unless it's a game I really like and the dlc seems interesting.
    Again Jules..........this sums it up completely........

  11. #71
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    2

    "I agree, your trophy list shouldn't be judged on content you don't own. It's like getting an f in a class you never enrolled in. If they're gonna do that, why not put every game on your account at 0%? Never played red dead redemption? 0% rdr on your account. Never played Skyrim? 0% Skyrim on your account.

    Only if you buy the dlc and start up the game, should you get the dlc trophies added, and to a separate list. There's a difference between unearned trophies and unattemptable trophies. Putting dlc trophies on your account for dlc you never bought is basically saying "look at these trophies this guy never earned" as if he ever had a chance to earn them in the first place. But he didn't if he doesn't buy the dlc, so it's unfair to count it against him." - Killforce -

    Could not have said it any better to this response from another forum....and for those that say "no 100% if you didn't complete the DLC", that's more comical because I just noticed that some games that have ridiculous price drops, their DLD is the same if not more than the game. So dumb...definitely think DLC should be separate, maybe even a sub-tab from the base, but definitely not counting towards your 100%.

  12. #72
    Platinum Dohvakiin
    platzreign's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    This Side of Hell
    Posts
    938
    Reputation
    57

    I guess it all depends on personal preference; me personally I could care less. I hardly ever buy DLC anyway, once I plat a game it's platted the percentage make little difference to me. It doesn't take away from the fact that the game is still platted.
    Maybe it's because I was never one to put that much importance of a trophy/achievement in the first place. Sure they are nice to get, but in the end they hold no real world importance. Plus I just consider it a waste of my time to do something for a trophy that is just silly or stupid to begin with. Which is the reason why PoP: The Forgotten Sands is still unplatted for me. Hopping around on people's heads and just jumping from icicle to icicle for a certain period of time. Is just dumb to me and adds nothing to the story, so why bother; is how I look at it.
    With the exception of DA: Origins because I own The Ultimate Edition just haven't played any of the DLC. Solely because I've already played in on the PC, and The Ultimate Edition was a gift from my best friend; DLC has little interest to me most of the time.
    The simple truth is rather its a Plat or 100%, neither is really all that important. Because it's just a game, the second you stop gaming. No one including you will care if you obtain 100% in some game you played, 1,5 or 20 years from now.
    As far as it counting towards the percentage of a game, it should it's part of the game. Sony game Publishers came up with a way for you to separate the basic game list from dlc on the ps3. If you have the Plat than everyone who looks at your game list knows you platted the game. If it's not a 100% than they also know you never played the DLC. But in the end who really cares, it's just a game. I'm not trying to belittle anyone here at all who thinks differently. But it's still just a game, with no real world importance at all.

    Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide


    Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW




  13. #73
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    33
    Reputation
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    I guess it all depends on personal preference; me personally I could care less. I hardly ever buy DLC anyway, once I plat a game it's platted the percentage make little difference to me. It doesn't take away from the fact that the game is still platted.
    Maybe it's because I was never one to put that much importance of a trophy/achievement in the first place. Sure they are nice to get, but in the end they hold no real world importance. Plus I just consider it a waste of my time to do something for a trophy that is just silly or stupid to begin with. Which is the reason why PoP: The Forgotten Sands is still unplatted for me. Hopping around on people's heads and just jumping from icicle to icicle for a certain period of time. Is just dumb to me and adds nothing to the story, so why bother; is how I look at it.
    With the exception of DA: Origins because I own The Ultimate Edition just haven't played any of the DLC. Solely because I've already played in on the PC, and The Ultimate Edition was a gift from my best friend; DLC has little interest to me most of the time.
    The simple truth is rather its a Plat or 100%, neither is really all that important. Because it's just a game, the second you stop gaming. No one including you will care if you obtain 100% in some game you played, 1,5 or 20 years from now.
    As far as it counting towards the percentage of a game, it should it's part of the game. Sony game Publishers came up with a way for you to separate the basic game list from dlc on the ps3. If you have the Plat than everyone who looks at your game list knows you platted the game. If it's not a 100% than they also know you never played the DLC. But in the end who really cares, it's just a game. I'm not trying to belittle anyone here at all who thinks differently. But it's still just a game, with no real world importance at all.
    Well put; agreed......however, sometimes it's the little things in life you know.....even if something so little / dumb as this, for some, it puts a smile on....to each their own. Even though I started the thread, I'm not that bad with it all. I do like your post.
    Last edited by Emporia; 08-30-2013 at 11:45 PM.

  14. #74
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Technically, they don't. That's basically why they have platinum trophies, to symbolize that you completed the main trophy list. The main trophy list and the DLC ones are separate. I'd rather have DLC trophies than none at all.

  15. #75
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    LOWBOY3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    2

    It is annoying to see the DLC trophies mess up that 100% but whatever, I just forget about it and move on

  16. #76
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    I needed to come back to this thread. I mean adding dlcs to ruin completion in games with plat is bad enough. But games which hasn't got any plat, they only way to get a "plat" feeling is getting 100%. Which is ruined if they add dlcs.

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  17. #77
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    0

    I didn't think that DLC trophies did count towards completion of a game

  18. #78
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by cobra30_2013 View Post
    I didn't think that DLC trophies did count towards completion of a game
    DLC doesn't count towards the platinum but it does count towards the 100%.



  19. #79
    100% Grizzly
    Bagel_Bear's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    "Complete" and "Platinum" are two different things.
    This. My only fret is multiplayer trophies being counted toward the Platinum. Trophies that have a chance of not being obtainable anymore should count towards completion but not platinum.

  20. #80
    Lvl 8 - Gold


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Away from civilization
    Posts
    931
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel_Bear View Post
    This. My only fret is multiplayer trophies being counted toward the Platinum. Trophies that have a chance of not being obtainable anymore should count towards completion but not platinum.
    Henceforth why I cringe every time a game has multiplayer trophies.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO