Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!!

This is a discussion on DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Been on my mind for a very long time and figured I'd throw it up in the forums for discussion. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

DLC Trophies...SHOULD NOT COUNT TOWARDS COMPLETION!!

Been on my mind for a very long time and figured I'd throw it up in the forums for discussion. I do not think DLC trophies should count towards your completion percentage for a game. I believe it is not fair for those that 1) do not have money to buy the DLC, and 2) more importantly, for those that choose not to buy the DLC nor want to carry on with the game, should not have to suffer their completion % from going down.

Overall, I really could care less.........we don't get prizes or money etc for trophies but as an avid gamer who does like to try and collect all trophies for my games, I think it's dumb that I nor anyone should have to suffer getting snubbed with stupid DLC content trophies. I do believe that if someone should purchase the DLC, then it should go towards their completion status of the game. I know it would be difficult and all that to separate, but in today's world and with the new technology, I don't see how it can be that difficult. Time consuming for them, yes, but hey, their making lots of money.

Happy gaming.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Eh, I use to think the same thing, but don't even care anymore lol.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Negator

"Complete" and "Platinum" are two different things.
    Last edited by Helyx; 08-10-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I see where you're coming from, but since they added the feature to group trophies by Main/Core, I don't worry about it. As long as I can click on the game and see that there's a 100% on there, I don't really care about the DLC trophies. On my main list, Uncharted 3 says 51%, but if I click on it, it separates out all the DLC additions. So, I'm happy with that.

дурак

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Its very obvious which games will have dlc, its usually forecast before the base game comes out to be honest just dont buy that game if your worried about dlc, i personally think it should count but im one to buy it as i want the 100% but then again with cod games it sucks balls as it really is so xpensive and usually shit IMO (zombie crap)

Lvl 6 - Silver

DLC is part of the game i don't see why trophies should be treated different don't get me wrong i too want a 100% completion and a bit tired from every game making DLC but we gotta remember trophies are to encourage gaming and not the other way around so if u can afford it u got a new set of trophies to try and achieve if u prefer not to waste money on them and buy a new game instead which is often what i do then u can be pleased by the fact that you've got the Platinum and ready to experience something new.

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As long as I see dat Plat, I don't care.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'm not really bothered by DLC Trophies.
    It's just means more trophies in my trophy count

Fight the Future

Um, yeah they should considering the DLC is part of the game and as such you haven't completed 100% of the game if you don't complete the DLC. You aren't entitled to a 100%, you have to earn it and if that means you have to buy a DLC to do so then you have to ask yourself if you game for enjoyment or game because of trophies. Though, if you even contemplate buying a DLC you know you will hate just to get trophies you don't really need to ask yourself anything.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No.

DLC's are additions to the game after the initial game has been released.
    In reality, the producers are saying, "Hey, we rushed out this game and now want to make even more money off of it. So here's 4 DLC packs that you can buy."

I really dislike the concept and I agree with the initial post.

Game developers... just put out a polished product and stop treating my wallet like it's a toy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All good points; like I said initially, I care, but in all essence I really don't. It doesn't affect my life nor do I or you win $ or prizes etc. I just feel that what comes out originally should be scored as the 100%. Actually, although really dumb, if they do DLC, then the % should just go above %100. So obviously anything above as in DLC trophies, you could finish up at 120%. I think that would be better! I'd really like to see them clean this up somehow, especially for the PS4. Wonder if it's even possible, but hey.........just a gaming convo......

Lvl 4 - Silver

if you haven't done everything the game has to offer then you don't deserve 100%, simple
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good point Babaganoooooooooooshh, however, if I take the game out of the box and complete everything initially, then that's a 100%, so why do I have to suffer for DLC or DLC that's dumb and just money making? The original game was completed; the DLC technically was never part of the original game correct? So, I like my last second thought of just having the %'s go to 110%, 105%, 130%, etc. I think it would be a win win for everyone. Like I said and others already, some people can't afford the DLC nor want to buy the DLC if it sucks, so why have to suffer. Granted I'm not a crazy trophy guy as I said, but I would think those that really strive for that would like this idea.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I also hate seeing dlc trophies ruin my plats. I understand they are part of the game but I don't think the dlc trophy set should install unless you buy the dlc. I don't usually keep a game around after I plat it so why should my trophy list suffer because I don't want to keep the game for 6 months and then pay extra money just to maintain my 100% It's a cash grab and I don't buy into it unless it's a game I really like and the dlc seems interesting.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I like that idea too by Julius........if you don't purchase the DLC, which obviously it wouldn't install, then your stats stay at 100%.
    Simple solution then by Sony....

1) Either have the %'s go beyond 100% if you buy the DLC
    2) Keep your 100% and if you buy the DLC, it incorporates the necessary adjustments that correspond with the original trophies / %'s.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't really care about completion rate in the first place, so it's nothing I worry about. However there's never pleasing anyone. Add DLC trophies and people complain about not having 100% anymore. Don't add trophies to the DLC (like Dark Souls) and people complain that they want them.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Rangers F.C

I think they should count, but not affect the percentage until purchased .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well like other people have said:

it should count to 100% since DLC becomes part of the game as an addition and in order to fully complete the game you need to get them trophies.

I don't care since I prefer to get the platinum's

The Grand Ray Legend

I used to care about that a long time ago, I just stopped caring..But my MW3 plat is still 100% on my file because I didn't take any updates after I plat it lol
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast