Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Collectibles that were fun to obtain.

This is a discussion on Collectibles that were fun to obtain. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Collecting the Beauty dolls in MGS4 was good fun, and more challenging than your regular collectible since you had to ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Collecting the Beauty dolls in MGS4 was good fun, and more challenging than your regular collectible since you had to defeat a boss to gain each one. I haven't played it since the trophy patch was issued last year, but I did it all a few years ago. Definitely going to play it again soon... and again.... and again....

The treasures in the Uncharted series, and the feathers in the Assassin's Creed series, were always fun to find. With environments that were as beautiful as they were, you just wanted to explore every last nook and cranny, and if you discovered a treasure or feather tucked away somewhere, then so much the better.

Just Cause 2 - collecting began to drag a bit towards the end, but you were always discovering new settlements that counted towards your 75% completion, so you weren't just looking for collectibles.

Finding and breaking the 3 special horses in Red Dead Redemption was another favourite of mine. They were sometimes hard to find, and when you did find them, you then had to 'break' each one, which added a little fun to it. More than once, I got thrown off a horse and had to chase it down and try to break it again. Good times.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I didn't mind the treasures in Uncharted. I feel that most of the allure came from the fact that it was one of my first PS3 games and I wanted to complete the game in its entirety.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Forgot Red Dead Redemption!
    I mean it was epic to hunt, other than money having no purpose it was still fun. A lot of atmosphere

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 7 - Gold

I really enjoyed collecting the data clusters in SR 4. Flying around never gets old.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Anything that's displayed on a map or HUD is fun to collect for me. The blast shards in InFamous (especially the second one) Relics and envelopes in Far Cry 3. Clusters in Saint's Row IV. All of those were fun to collect in my opinion. I think that's the way it should be done if a game is going to have collectibles. It's very boring and distracting to have to follow a written guide or video guide in order to find all the collectibles.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Tomb raider, it was fun with a guide. Too many categories though. All the uncharted games were fun. I would try to find most on the first play through but I think I got 60 at most on uncharted 2 without the guide. Its fun to use the guides to see the ridiculous places some are in. Tomb raider and uncharted both had those. Its weird how some will be right in front of you and you will go past it numerous times but still never see it. Kung Foo Panda was the worst. I spent 2 hours looking for 1 piece of gold and it was hidden behind a rock. MW2 intel was fun but there weren't that many things to find. Tomb Raider underworld is a bitch, I still need 2 treasures.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jetblackcat View Post
    The Playboy magazines in Mafia II. Best collectables in a game in the history of mankind.
    I'll second that.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I actually enjoyed collecting the data packages in Saints Row 4. And I know this one gets alot of bad rap because you have to do it over and over and over again with each level, but I really liked getting the Dog Tags on MGS2.

PRO Member

I enjoy a challenge of collectibles more than most, so I'll say the cars in LA Noire. Tough to find but beautifully recreated (and I don't even drive).

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Judgement by Blaster

Just recently found the wine bottles in Sniper Elite V2 were fun to get.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am finding the Intel fun to collect in Killzone: Mercenary. You have two options in collecting Intel; 1st is hacking computers and 2nd (which is my favorite of the two) Hunt down and interrogate high ranking officers.

Judgement by Blaster

Riddler trophies in Batman AA.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the awesome Sig.

Cops vs Robbers Rangers??

got a few here that I found fun, riddler trophies from Batman AA, Uncharted 1 & 2 relics (im sure 3 will be fun too), infamous 1 & 2 Blast Shards and FoB blood containers, lego HP years 1-4, also LA Noire (the many different collectibles there).and none of these really were hard to do but time consuming some more fun then others

PRO Member

The collectibles in Uncharted Golden Abyss was fun and entertaining to get

Lvl 7 - Gold

Liked collecting the Space Parts in GTA V. However, the nucleair waste with the submarine was a drag.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I really enjoyed collecting the data clusters in SR 4. Flying around never gets old.
    Totally agree. Was one of the first things I did when I got the glide ability. Didn't even feel like there were 1255 to find.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well while I pretty much love finding collectibles in any game I play, (Neverdead, alchemy ingredients in KOAR, and the golden film reels in L.A. Noire being the only exceptions.) I would have to say my favorites are ones that have a meaning to or add background info to the story, like the lore stones in KOAR, the newspapers in L.A. Noire or the Riddler trophies in AA and AC.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Add me to the Batman Arkham games list.

The ones in Star Trek aren't fun to find , but I definitely enjoyed the writeups that came along with them.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Uncharted series treasures was fun to collect, I liked how each treasure was different.. also gonna agree with others on the Batman Arkham series collectables.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The Batman Arkham Asylum and City collectibles were fun. The collectibles from X-men Origins: Wolverine were also fun to collect because they gave alot of xp which made the game easy to get through.
    Trophy Hunter Percy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast