help

This is a discussion on help within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So my ps3 is acting funny all of a sudden when i turned it on the dashboard screen has these ...

PRO Member

help

So my ps3 is acting funny all of a sudden when i turned it on the dashboard screen has these lines that run diagonally across my screen and every icon looks like it's on there twice but the second one is only half there and purple in color. Normally when this happens I just have to readjust the cord but this isn't working any more so I hope someone on here can help out a fellow gamer.

Death to zombies!!

Have you tryed using component cables? My first ps3 the hdmi output stopped working altogether so mite be that.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

Yea I use composite cables I'm starting to think it's my tv though because with an HDMI cord there is a separate problem as well where the screen will go black and say that my tv doesn't support this setting or something along those lines jsut a giant head ache because it ran my xbox 360 just fine before i switched systems

PRO Member

Found the problem and the solution the problem is my 2 year old flipping switching and the solution was flipping it back i have one of the combo cord things that can do either av or composite and there's a switch on it for either hdtv or tv and my daughter had flipped that switch *sigh* thank you though for responding.