Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Capcom: RE7 Will Return to Survival Horror Roots

This is a discussion on Capcom: RE7 Will Return to Survival Horror Roots within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Silent Assassin ^^^ I'm playing through RE6 now and it's an abomination . I'm not sure if ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    ^^^

I'm playing through RE6 now and it's an abomination. I'm not sure if I'll even finish he game.
    This! This game is a living diarrhea. You better get rid of it asap.

Revelations 19:16

Good! Get back to the roots. RE6 was friggin garbage! RE2 and RE4 are my favorites, with RE5 coming in 3rd.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah sure and I bet all the DLC will be on the disc too.

PRO Member

If they would not put 4 campaigns in the game would be a good start. Just 1 good one is what you need maybe unlock scenarios after like 2. Who knows though we will see what happens but Raccoon City and RE6 were horrible so was 5 truthfully so well see what they try to do. I think they should start a whole new franchise only keeping the name because they don't know what to do and these games show it.

The only sane person here

This should have ended with 5 really, but if they're going to make a 7 it's gotta return to it's roots like RE4. Just look at how RE: Revelations did well.

Will Love you for Food

Sometimes I really wonder how difficult it is to actually make a game scary and challenging. I would assume, not difficult.

VII

Mhm, that's what they said about RE6

Lvl 9 - Gold

I liked RE5 enough to platinum it and help others platinum it too, i also thought RERC was decent enough, and I did enjoy RE6 enough to platinum it and get all the DLC for it too. I though RE6 was better than RE4, RE5 and RERC.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I didn't think 6 was bad at all. A little long but enjoyable. 4 is still by far my favorite.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    well i am no RE expert but i think they said the same thing for RE6 when everyone was complaining from Raccoon City i for one am no RE fan always wanted to experience it but my friends kept telling me not too.
    I've been a huge resident evil fans since the first game (my collection outside of the games is pretty big too), and i liked operation raccoon city, because unlike most i understood it wasn't official canon, and also it wasn't made by capcom only published by them, the developers were slant 6 (so many people seemed to forget that).

I liked the Leon campaign in re6 or should i say the first 4 chapters of it, before you go to China or wherever (it's that forgetable), and RE6 overall was so poor that i actually prefer re5 over it, and re5 was as far from survival horror as you could get

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    This should have ended with 5 really, but if they're going to make a 7 it's gotta return to it's roots like RE4. Just look at how RE: Revelations did well.
    really? re4 is the games roots? re4 was the start of the move towards action so erm... no thanks, i do however agree they can't go back to the "turning on the spot" style anymore though, that is too past it to come back and doesn't fit the modern gaming world, personally though i consider revelations to be an awful game, i really disliked it completely, but i played it on ps3, and perhaps it just really didn't translate well from a handheld to a console, but the characters just all seemed to have completely different personalities, also having a partner with you virtually all the time but completely non controllable was more than having a partner who was human controlled

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by fragpuss View Post
    I've been a huge resident evil fans since the first game (my collection outside of the games is pretty big too), and i liked operation raccoon city, because unlike most i understood it wasn't official canon, and also it wasn't made by capcom only published by them, the developers were slant 6 (so many people seemed to forget that).

I liked the Leon campaign in re6 or should i say the first 4 chapters of it, before you go to China or wherever (it's that forgetable), and RE6 overall was so poor that i actually prefer re5 over it, and re5 was as far from survival horror as you could get
    Agree with you on this. I found Raccoon city FAR more enjoyable than RE6. No canon to worry about, just enjoy the Raccoon City in HD. I played through RE6 once and after some dime decided to play it again since I had nothing else to play. I just couldn't go through with it...gave up half way through.

And yeah, going back to RE4 would be an improvement, but it still isn't the good old RE. In fact, RE4 started this whole mess RE is in now.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'd like to see Capcom just reboot Resident Evil entirely. Rebuild the mansion from the ground up, redesign Raccoon City top to bottom [Maybe even include the full Hive from RE movie ] and so on. RE: RC was fun, I gave up once I got to Nemesis at that gas station and haven't picked it up since, but I've been meaning to. It's a fun and pointless romp through a game with no real ties to the main series.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just hope Resident Evil 7 is easy to play, I couldn't play RE1-RE5 at at all, always kept dying within 5 minutes, while I had a blast playing RE6.

(I hope to play both Operation Racoon City and Revelations eventually, just need the money lol)

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    RE6 was fun in my opinion, especially when playing co-op with a few friends of mine.
    any game is fun with friends.

PRO Member

OMG it's about time. I have got so tired of the half alive type zombies they have come out with in their games... I want rotting and slow walking zombies who are more bone than flesh....not skeletons...but zombies TYVM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12