ps3 controller quit working

This is a discussion on ps3 controller quit working within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The story is I was playing tekken a few days ago and got 1 drop of beer in the right ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ps3 controller quit working

The story is I was playing tekken a few days ago and got 1 drop of beer in the right analog and the dang thing won't turn on now seriously anyway moral of the story is don't drink and game kids!

Chocobo Master

You can always take it apart then use compress air and cotton swabs to help fix the problem.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    You can always take it apart then use compress air and cotton swabs to help fix the problem.
    This should suffice. Add alcohol and use the canned air sparingly.

As an alternative, you could try pressing the tiny 'Reset' button on the back of the controller. If the controller got more than "1 drop of beer" on/inside it (hypothetically), you'd want to dry it immediately. If beer/coffee/soda is allowed to dry on electronics, it can be a pain to clean off.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by toasty17 View Post
    The story is I was playing tekken a few days ago and got 1 drop of beer in the right analog and the dang thing won't turn on now seriously anyway moral of the story is don't drink and game kids!
    But gaming drunk is fun! You laugh when you consistently screw up rather than throw the controller at the wall! At least I do. I've destroyed many a controller in my day.

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    This should suffice. Add alcohol and use the canned air sparingly.

As an alternative, you could try pressing the tiny 'Reset' button on the back of the controller. If the controller got more than "1 drop of beer" on/inside it (hypothetically), you'd want to dry it immediately. If beer/coffee/soda is allowed to dry on electronics, it can be a pain to clean off.
    I love the skepticism Helyx.

I was also wondering if "one drop" translated into "one entire bottle/can/glass"

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

I make lego out of you!

it's OK to drink alcohol & game at the same time but atleast stick your beer bottle away from the controller... if you must have a drink put your controller down away from the bottle then pick up the bottle and drink the kidney killing shit!!! then once done put it down away from the controller then pick up the controller! silly man
    Making plat cards