Do PS3 game trophies import to PS4 game trophies?

This is a discussion on Do PS3 game trophies import to PS4 game trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Not sure if this has been answered...I know the trophy list will maintain itself under your PSN name, but my ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Do PS3 game trophies import to PS4 game trophies?

Not sure if this has been answered...I know the trophy list will maintain itself under your PSN name, but my question is, if I were to buy Madden 25 for PS3 and then get it for the PS4, will those trophies earned on the PS3 version update to the PS4 version, so I don't have to complete / do them over again?

Hopefully that made sense.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Depends if they make it cross save or not. In the case of the Vita, some games share a trophy list and cross-save between the Vita and PS3, while other games don't cross-save and have their own separate trophy lists for each version. Of course, this is speculation and things could change when the PS4 comes out. No information's been given yet.

PRO Member

They will likely be two different versions but who really knows? There are some games that are cross buy on the PS3 and the Vita that share one trophy list and others that have two separate lists despite being the same game.

Negator

Games will have the same trophy list across all platforms, since it's the same network. Cross-save multi-platinum games will probably discontinue.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So no definite answer thought correct; I've seen the cross save for the PS3 / Vita which I'm not so in tuned to since I don't own a Vita. I don't care about the cross save etc as I understand that, but I would think the trophy list would be the same; now just to find out if I get it half done on PS3, can I get the rest done on PS4. Well if anyone comes across a definite answer, please share. Thanks for the input above guys. Hopefully it'll be cleared up. I wonder if IGN has anything posted; oh wait, probably not since they have a 5:1 ratio of COD: Ghosts articles running. Uggghhh....happy gaming!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It has to be yes cuz your will use the same PSN ID I guess

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by H--as--H View Post
    It has to be yes cuz your will use the same PSN ID I guess
    It has to be you guess, lol
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Nothing has been officially released so it's all speculation, but given that you will use the same PSN ID, I'm going to say:
    - PS3 trophies carrying over to PS4: Yes
    - Vita cross-save (given the increased use between PS4 and Vita): Yes
    - I have a feeling we'll have multiple platinum lists considering the different platforms your ID covers, so if you start a game on PS3, I think you need to finish it on PS3 unless there's a cool feature that hasn't been announced.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Nothing has been officially released so it's all speculation, but given that you will use the same PSN ID, I'm going to say:
    - PS3 trophies carrying over to PS4: Yes
    - Vita cross-save (given the increased use between PS4 and Vita): Yes
    - I have a feeling we'll have multiple platinum lists considering the different platforms your ID covers, so if you start a game on PS3, I think you need to finish it on PS3 unless there's a cool feature that hasn't been announced.
    With the latter, that is what I was thinking too Terminal....well, until we can get a definite answer I'll wait til the PS4 / games. I have plenty of old Plats to get, but was itching for some of the new stuff.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I think the answer to that is going to depend more on the Publisher/Developer than it is Sony's hardware. It's probably a completely doable idea, just if the company decides if the work is beneficial to them at all. It all comes down to the bottom line after all. While it would be nice if the two gen crossed over in that way. But unless next gen will be able to read cloud saves of this gen. You'll probably have to replay a game from scratch anyway. MP aspects would be different because that's just ID stat tracking on a server, and not so much console generation game data per se.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

PRO Member

I actually never thought of that before.
    I hope Sony will give more info on this soon.
    The last thing I need is to play the same game twice to get platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    I actually never thought of that before.
    I hope Sony will give more info on this soon.
    The last thing I need is to play the same game twice to get platinum
    Exactly; I have no problem waiting 2 months for the PS4 games that are currently PS3, but it'd be nice to play some newer stuff than cleaning up this old stuff. Hopefully someone will post to this thread when they / we have concrete info about this.