Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 Call Of Duty...war games just tend to bore me. Sometimes people act like it's the only ...

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by pRoViSiOn26 View Post
    Call Of Duty...war games just tend to bore me. Sometimes people act like it's the only game that exist and I just don't get it.
    Same here. Just can't get into war games. Maybe it's just a little too close to reality for me. *shrugs*
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

I too fail to see the big deal about COD. I had a couple of the games sitting on my shelf, including MW2, and eventually got rid of them all because I just didn't feel any urge to play them.

I've never played a FF game, and so far I've never felt the urge to, either. I guess RPGs/JRPGs just don't really appeal to me.

Resident Deadhead

i love rpgs, but i cant stand the xenosaga series.
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Resistance....

Gaming since 1985!

Hmmm, got a few here:
    CoD- Even though I gave it a shot with Black Ops, it solidified my opinion that it sucks. Maybe it was just this game itself but ugh, just no fun.
    Uncharted- Once again, only played 1 of the series but just....meh.
    Bayonetta- Played that s*** for all of 30 minutes and drove like a cracked out race car driver and returned it.
    Army of One series- Owned the first and tried the second at my friends house, hours wasted I'll never get back.
    Metal Gear- My wife swears by these games but just not my cup of tea.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Dont understand the appeal of the Sly Cooper series. Kind of childish with so so graphics.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Gran Torismo... too realistic, can't see how ppl prefer that over Need for Speed...

Royal Flush X2

Not that I hate the games but overall the Uncharted series i feel is overrated. Ok really I like Uncharted 2 a lot but Uncharted good but not great and Uncharted 3 I was kinda bored with it. Once I got platinum I haven't play it since and just traded it in for NGIII and I'm having a lot more fun with NGIII than I did with Uncharted 3.

Also Bayonetta I didn't care for that much, I really don't see what's so special about game, it was among the less enjoyable hack n slash games I've played plus the game was just cheesy to me and Bayonetta was not hot n sexy to me. What can I say I don't like her bee hive hairstyle lol.

Regional Manager of War

Battlefield hands down, Why because its a over hyped FPS military war game with oversize maps, vehicle camping, and stiff controls. I won't say anything about the campaign because Battlefield is suppose to shine online but unfortunately It just a snore feast. Killzone 2 is right behind BF3 as over hyped game. I enjoyed the first game so much to be given this as a sequel, you had a 60 million budget only to give me a FPS with amazing graphics and the worst controls of any FPS in the last 20 years! On top of that a boring single player with a decent MP experience. What made Killzone for me was the controls were great, the single player was diverse with 4 different characters that had different play styles, and the MP was a ton of fun split screen or online.

No Matter What

That's what yoi get when you play Conquest on the consoles. I always play Squad TDM or Rush, much better for consoles.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

For now, the Killzone series. (currently trying the KZ3 MP demo).
    Also, of course COD (I only like the original COD4 / WAW).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Retired

Added: Assassin's Creed.

Lvl 6 - Silver

kingdom hearts series I just dont like how they took the final fantasy characters and changed them up and the dudes weapon is a key doesnt make any sense

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For the life of me, I just can't get into the Elder Scrolls series. I had Morrowind, and I think my old roommate played it more than I did. I got Skyrim because I felt that maybe with the new graphics and new game it might be worth it, but I just couldn't get into it. I think my main reason is combat -- maybe if the world of Skyrim had the combat response system of a God of War or Kindgoms of Amalur (where you feel like you're accomplishing something when you're striking) then I would have played it more.

I think I played Skyrim for maybe 2 hours tops then traded it in...so for me, The Elder Scrolls loses.

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

-All sports "series" if you want to call them a series. They are a joke and I will never buy another one.
    -Uncharted isn't terrible, but is definitely way to hyped up.
    -Little Big Planet is about as boring as it gets as far as PS3 goes. I wish Sony would just refund me the money I paid for it to come in the PS3's box. -_-
    -Battlefield GOD I hate them. It feels like the ghetto COD.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

derezzed.

For those that know me know how much I despise the Uncharted franchise; I don't understand why people damned-near masturbate to it.

inFamous is another one that doesn't interest me...probably because IMHO Prototype is so much more fun to play. *shrug*

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

PRO Member

I'm going with WoW and Halo (seriously get sick of hearing how great they are)...never could get into the Metal Gear series and just not a fan of fighting games (so insert any here). I don't mind the FPS, but most seem like the same thing in different settings and I don't get the out of proportion excitement everytime a new one comes out...same ole- same ole. To each their own though. It's all for fun. Good luck out there everyone!

Threat

Definetely Final Fantasy. The new ones look really boring and the old ones look like rip-offs of Pokemon.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011