Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Assassin's Creed. I don't dislike the game by any means, but definitely less than the hype....

Black Queen Style

Assassin's Creed. I don't dislike the game by any means, but definitely less than the hype.

Notorious K.I.D.

I can't get into the online aspect of most FPS's, so I don't understand the fanboyism of CoD. I do however like the single player campaigns for the most part. I love RPG's and Final Fantasy, but even as a fanboy I think Final Fantasy 13 was crap, Definitely not what I was looking for, but some people love it.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Fallout Series - I just find it incredibly boring and bland to look at

Uncharted - It looks great, I'll give it that. But After playing both of them. I don't see why people just LOVE the series.

inFAMOUS - I know I'm going to get flak for this. But I just found inFAMOUS to be one of the most repetitive and uninteresting games I've ever played.
    Totally with you on inFAMOUS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Legendary...Nuff Said

The Call of Duty series as well as Fallout 3. I dislike CoD's lack of innovation and how people buy the game every year just because it's CoD, even if the game sucks. As far as Fallout 3 goes, I didn't hate it, but I couldn't get into it. The world is so ginormous and there's so many things to do that I couldn't find myself getting into the plot line. While the world was big, venture outside of downtown D.C. and you're met with the same bleak and dreary environments over and over again.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

• Final Fantasy
    • kingdom Hearts
    • Call Of Duty Has gotten real boring lately, It's the same shit. They never change anything, All they do is make new maps, add different perks (Which is dumb).

Lvl 9 - Gold

Definitely Halo series. I've played 1, 2, 3 and ODST and I don't know what the hype about it is
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

final fantasy halo fallout

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    I can't get into the online aspect of most FPS's, so I don't understand the fanboyism of CoD. I do however like the single player campaigns for the most part. I love RPG's and Final Fantasy, but even as a fanboy I think Final Fantasy 13 was crap, Definitely not what I was looking for, but some people love it.
    There is no fanboyism in COD, it's just an FPS that's been programmed to near-perfection.

It's a massively addictive game because of that and of course, one of the key male interests which is guns.

Guns guns guns guns guns guns.

The campaigns are great fun, but no different from others, in which you play them once and the hype for them are gone.

.....except 'All Ghillied Up'.

The Playboy Wikipedia

I've never really been a fan of Halo. My mate tried to convince me to like it, but it never really tickled my fancy. Same thing goes with the Call of Duty and Gears of War games.

As I've never been an RPG fan, I haven't seen what all the hubbub is about the Final Fantasy series. They...kinda bore me.

I'll mention more later.

On a Paradise

Call of Duty for me :/
    I really don't like it o.o

Awesome avy & sig made by In2
    Rep him if you like them!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i love role playing games. love fallout, final fantasy, dragon age, demons souls.
    but i cant stand the elder scrolls. started playing it a few times cuz everyone says its sooo good but i always loose interest after like 20 minutes.

O_o

Hmm, Never really dug Sonic, or Mario, or Bioshock, or Oblivion, or Halo, or Final Fantasy, and a bunch of others.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    There is no fanboyism in COD, it's just an FPS that's been programmed to near-perfection.
    ^^ That's pretty damn funny.

-------------------------------

- Call of Duty - It gets boring pretty quickly and the campers, n00btubers and quickscopers are fucking bullshit. I have no clue why a game like this sells so well... is it cause everyone wants to play with their friends? Battlefield is superior in every way and that's no fanbitch bullshit.

- Final Fantasy - I enjoy FF, but there are a lot of people that make it out to be more than what it is. All this praise for FF VII is crazy. People act as if it's a gift from god and say that Sephiroth is the best villain ever and that Aeris death was the most saddest and traumatic thing ever.... get the fuck out of here Final Fantasy VII isn't a piece of shit, but it's beyond overrated. Final Fantasy VI is a way better game storywise, FF VII was just made with better technology. FF VI is the better game, Kefka is the better villain and Sniper Wolfs execution in Metal Gear Solid is the saddest video game moment ever, now shut your fucking mouths. VI, VIII and IX are teh b3stsSS.

- Zelda - I've honestly tried and tried again and again, but I can't get into Zelda. I don't hate it I have LttP, OoT, MM and Four Swords, but I can't grasp it, I just lose interest half way. Zelda has great music though, some of the best out there, I just don't know why I can't ever complete these games. I usually play them a bit, go a little far then just forget about the game in a few days.

Assassin's Creed - I've only played the first one and thought it was alright until it got repetitive as hell. It's one of the few games that I ever traded back. Some people tell me that series got better with the other few games and blah blah blah, but I'm not gonna try 'em anytime soon.

PRO Member

God of war series: yeah it just seems like a gore fest and a button masher

Final Fantasy series: no hate against the games i just never really like RPG's with the exception of Kingdom hearts which isn't that much an RPG anyways

COD: Its not a bad series by any means but its just gotten soooo repetitive that it really doesn't de
    serve all the awards its gonna win this year as it did last year and the year before that...

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Local Drunk

I'm surprised how many people said Fallout but anyway the games I don't like are:
    God Of War, had the first one but it just gave me the shits after a while and the puzzles are fucking stupid.
    Metal Gear Solid & Final Fantasy the more I hear about those games the more they annoy me, get over them already.
    Gran Turismo is just annoying much prefer NFS.
    Burnout Paradise, just couldn't get into it prefer Burnout 2 or Takedown.
    Resident Evil, never got into them even though one of my best mates loves them.
    Gears Of War, never got into it either even though just about all my gamer friends love them.
    Tomb Raider, they're ok but the controls, puzzles and camera angles are irritating.

As for COD (other series that my friends that are gamers love), I don't mind those games but I definitely don't understand the obession with them but then again I'm not a war fan.
    Last edited by Feral; 03-04-2012 at 08:19 AM.

PRO Member

For me I dont like:

Call of Duty - lost interest after the 4th one. Its all "copy paste" for every game since.
    Fallout: Tried to get into this game but I prefer The Elder Scrolls series to this.
    Fifa/Pes - Not would I would class as a series but it again its all copy paste, move players about and increase/decrease stats.
    First Person Shooter: Not a big fan of FPS games.
    Racing: Again not a fan.
    Rachet and Clank: Although I played the first 2 games I just could not get into them.
    Final Fantasy: Some games are good some are not.
    God of War: Does not appeal to me

and many many more

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Final Fantasy VII isn't a piece of shit, but it's beyond overrated. Final Fantasy VI is a way better game storywise, FF VII was just made with better technology. FF VI is the better game, Kefka is the better villain
    All opinions. I loved FF6 up until the point the planet was bumfucked. Then the story and everything about the game went into the toilet. FF7 imo took everything great about all the previous FF's and put it into 1 game.

Forgot to list COD and GH games. It gets old to see the same game released for years now.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The God of War series. It's a poorly written, gore-fest which features almost as many puzzles as it does enemies, and is extremely overrated with it's , , , , getting you through 80% of the game, and button-pressing sequences that are so childish that Dance Dance Revolution would put them as 1-star difficulty. Not to mention that the protagonist is someone that I care as little for as the first goomba in Super Mario Bros., with about as much redeemable qualities as the dump I flushed down the toilet this morning. But for some reason, everybody seems to love these games, and Kratos himself, which simply baffles me.
    This is EXACTLY how I feel about this game. I played one and two and just didn't get it at all, the combat was so boring and then the puzzles were even worse. Totally agree with you about Kratos as well, the most boring video game character I've ever seen, yet for some reason everyone loves him.

Tbh I'm very surprised by some of the replies in this thread. I understand Final Fantasy, even as a fanboy I can see how it's really not everyone's cup of tea. But I am surprised with Fallout and Infamous, I thought everyone loved them lol. Personally I've never played them, I've got Infamous on my PS3 from the welcome back program but was never motivated to play it.

Also I really don't get COD at all, I've played the single player of MW2 round a friends, and I've played co-op/competitive around my mates as well. It is just so boring, but I don't really like the genre in general. But there is one thing I really don't get with COD, the way everyone hates on it while it still breaks sales records with every release! I don't like it, so I stay away from it and don't go trolling COD forums/articles. The amount of hate it gets is weird for something so popular.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

It's nice to see a varied list of games people don't like.

For me, has to be the Dynasty Warriors series... I don't see whats fun in killing a mass amount of people over and over and over and over again with very little skill input aside the tapping the same button and changing one button in a sequence every now and then just to see something different.

Thats just mind numbingly boring to me.

Oh, fighting games also I dislike. Funny though, used to like playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 back in the day, now I just can't bring myself to even own a fighting game anymore. Here's a video to explain why I feel fighting games are bland as hell.

~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 2 - Bronze

any fps i.e. call of duty i just don't like.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast