Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Assassin's Creed, God of War and Mario....

In2
    January MOTM

Assassin's Creed, God of War and Mario.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE

Mass Effect 2
    Really don't understand the love for this game. Supposedly a epic story where decisions matter. Barely any ME1 decisions transferred over. You see some of the choices, but doesn't seem to play a major impact.
    You recruit a dozen people, but you end up using only 2 of them.
    The universe is supposedly suppose to end, it is a race against time. However, Shepard has the time to solve everyone of his crew member's personal issue.
    The game itself was good. But for a supposed epic trilogy, this game just felt like a giant filler.

Other games, off the top of my head. COD,Battlefield, Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    It's nice to see a varied list of games people don't like.

For me, has to be the Dynasty Warriors series... I don't see whats fun in killing a mass amount of people over and over and over and over again with very little skill input aside the tapping the same button and changing one button in a sequence every now and then just to see something different.

Thats just mind numbingly boring to me.
    As a solid DW fan, I just ask myself why I like that series. I honestly can't answer that question... It's mind numbingly addictive... guess I sound like one of those COD fanboys now.
    However, it has been a series that grew up with me. My first game one the PS2 was Dynasty Warriors 3 XL, and I have been playing it till... well, now.

Awesome iCard made by Renegdr
    Awesome Sig made by Prosthetic, of ExDesigns

Mr. X

Easily has to be the COD series\every game that wants to be COD. I'm not a big fps fan but I find all these war-based shooters to be very mundane. You have games like Bioshock that are so creative and immersive and then a let's fight terrorists game. Not to mention they're just as bad as sports games for updating every year but without updating. Hell FIFA has made more progression in the last few years than the COD franchise.

I also hate this new gamer that it's breeding, or basically the COD fanboy. All they care bout is their shitty kill/death ratio and playing on the same maps over and over again. I've no problem with games that I don't like being on the shelves but COD is another level. It dominates everywhere, every shop that sells games tells you that you like it and must buy it. You mention games to someone and it's "oh yeah I love COD". Then there's the influence it's having on other games. Carbon copy shooters that want to be the next COD, and this hyped up over the top love for online multiplayer. There's more focus on that then there is on making single player campaigns. Fair enough if that's what COD does but all the predominantly single player games are sticking online multiplayer on their games in a hope to take some of the market from COD.

End rant.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I do not like fallout, but yet Fallout 3 wins multiple GOTY awards. It is just not very fun to me but yet I love The Elder Scrolls.
    Yeah, what they said.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ICO. I don't get how people can call it "the best game they ever played". :S

PRO Member

Zelda

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would say demon soul. I own the game but I lose interest real quick
    I would also add Madden, I bought this year issue, because I am a Browns Fan. Even after platting it I would rather play NCAA football.
    also Splinter cell

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I do not like fallout, but yet Fallout 3 wins multiple GOTY awards. It is just not very fun to me but yet I love The Elder Scrolls.
    i agree, i played fallout 3 and i was sitting there thinking what is this crap i'm playing, i thought it was a good game, considering how many awards it got, i bought it one day, then took it back the next day. Also i don't like the battlefield franchise, i played the beta's for both 2 & 3, and i want to like it, but to me it just sucks, i just can't get into it for some reason

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I never got into the Killzone series, I think I disliked it because the controls were a little bit too clunky for me.

Sig by dsluckay

Identity Overload

This is an easy one, I really frigging hate Halo and everything that it stands for. Overrated piece of crap

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    Easily has to be the COD series\every game that wants to be COD. I'm not a big fps fan but I find all these war-based shooters to be very mundane. You have games like Bioshock that are so creative and immersive and then a let's fight terrorists game. Not to mention they're just as bad as sports games for updating every year but without updating. Hell FIFA has made more progression in the last few years than the COD franchise.

I also hate this new gamer that it's breeding, or basically the COD fanboy. All they care bout is their shitty kill/death ratio and playing on the same maps over and over again. I've no problem with games that I don't like being on the shelves but COD is another level. It dominates everywhere, every shop that sells games tells you that you like it and must buy it. You mention games to someone and it's "oh yeah I love COD". Then there's the influence it's having on other games. Carbon copy shooters that want to be the next COD, and this hyped up over the top love for online multiplayer. There's more focus on that then there is on making single player campaigns. Fair enough if that's what COD does but all the predominantly single player games are sticking online multiplayer on their games in a hope to take some of the market from COD.

End rant.
    that's exactly how i feel about CoD games. i agree with your post 100%

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Gotham's Reckoning

tLittleigPlanet - It is seriously overrated.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Ice Cream Firefighter

Gran Turismo I think they are all shithouse I will play NFS anyday before this

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think tese games are overrated:
    -Halo (The worst FPS on Planet Earth)
    -Need for Speed (it is just another racing game, nothing special)
    -Resistance (Not very good in my opinion, but a lot better than Halo)
    -FIFA,NHL,NBA etc. (The stupidest plot in gaming history, its enough we have them in TV!)
    And that about does it for me

This piece of awesomeness above and all of my avys. were created by the almighty Wadefan1, the king of signatures.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I find it ironic that almost every single poster that is ranting about the CoD series has played one or more games in the series. Some of the posters have a few plats for CoD games, and yet.....hatred. I definitely understand that the rampant "fanboyism" is obnoxious and annoying. I have a friend that ONLY plays Black Ops. Literally, that is the one game he owns. He purchased a PS3 strictly for that game. To me, that is going too far and is dare I say pathetic. But if you are going to rant on and on about how much you hate a series of games, STOP PLAYING THEM. There is so much &%$# talk about how overrated/overhyped etc. the series is, and yet come November 8th, three quarters of you will be playing the latest installment. And if you will be buying it and playing it thinking that you are an uber meta hipster that is playing it ironically, then you are just as bad, if not worse, than the mouth breathing, cheeto inhaling frat boy that you claim to be so much better than.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

lbp just couldn't get into it
    METAL!!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post

End rant.
    One of the most brilliant rants in the history of mankind. You have actually made me realise what I hate about COD, it's not the COD games themselves but the effect it has had on other games.

Lvl 4 - Silver

These games have not excited me for a long time:

• Pokemon
    • Final Fantasy
    • Call of Duty
    • Assassins Creed
    • Zelda
    • Street Fighter
    • Mario
    • Metroid

Call of Duty has recently been at the top of the list. Since Black Ops I have hated the series with a passion. Children and morons fund it. Most adults or older teenagers have the sense to see what a huge steaming pile of shit it is and don't play it. I must admit that MW2 was fun and I still play it occasionally. But even that was MW1 with a new coat of paint. Activision need to stop making them for a few years, so that they can catch up with the rest of the market.

Another overrated franchise has to be Assassins Creed. They are milking the series dry. The first game was brilliant and so was the second. But things have been going downhill since then. People are just too blind to see that it's the same game engine, gameplay and missions, dressed up in another setting.
    Last edited by AndroidFox; 10-13-2011 at 01:45 PM.

PRO Member

I am probably going to get mega hate for this but hey, what the heck? Uncharted series while everyone says the plot is great i can see every twist coming and I know exactly the platform I'm walking on is going 2 collapse and as for the story while everyone says it is very involving i found it uninteresting and boring

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    For me, it's Call of Duty. I don't like the series, but the world seems to. You?
    Agreed! The whole world plays it, but it's not my type of game

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast