Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; demon souls world of warcraft fallout...

Lvl 9 - Gold

demon souls world of warcraft fallout

Lvl 2 - Bronze

fifa

I'm a football nut but whenever i play fifa 10 I last 10 minutes before switching off.

I did sell my copy on ebay, but two months later bought another copy, to give it another try. Nope still not my thing. Played around with the settings and camera angles, made no difference.

I thought about getting rid of it but decided against it as I would just go out and buy fifa 11/12 cause i love my football, so it just sits there on the shelf, unloved. It grinds me a bit, cause it should be one of my favorite game but no I hate it.
    FML

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For me as for series i have to say Uncharted and as single games Heavy Rain, Rage and Bodycount.

-i- love myself.

Demon's Soul, Dark Souls, Fallout series & any sports game ( except for Snowboarding )

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Call of Duty (Pretty much the same once and again and again)
    Uncharted (cannot understand the hype around this one. Seems like a Tomb Raider copy)
    Tomb Raider (just never liked it)
    Assasin's Creed (SO repetitive!)
    Kingdom Hearts (This one deserves a special mention:I still cannot understand how a bunch of kids, surrounded by donald duck, goofy and so on, could beat the crap out of CLOUD and SEPHIROTH!!!! WTF were they thinking when made that "game"? never played the game, and newer will, but I saw once a screenshot with Auron, possibly the coolest RPG character level, speaking with mickey mouse or donald duck or whatever...that made me feel SO sad)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Halo, and COD, I see nothing special, my mates moan I don't like them games, but you should listen to them when I say don't see nothing special about Nando's!!

Game on....

Call Of Duty just bores me to tears. I actually like FPS games but i avoid 'Call Of Duty' like the bubonic plague.

PRO Member

GTA, it just doesn't seem to pull me in like the Saints Row series does.
    "I'll stop at nothing to avoid using negative numbers. "
    Many thanks to Athena for the awesome sig and avy!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Assassins Creed. It's just so repetitive and boring to me.

Infinity Ward's CoD (besides CoD4) - MW2 blew. And MW3 will do no better. I didn't include Treyarch because I enjoy Zombies.

Duke Nuke'm - Stupid. Plain as day stupid. And people actually waited a decade and a half for a crappy game...
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

PRO Member

First of I really don't Like RPGS all that much. I have tried playing them and they just don't hold my attention for long.

Now for a specific series I would say Resistance. Now I have only played the second one but it just didn't do it for me. I played the campaighan once and online only a few times. really didn't do anything for me. I guess I like the Killzone series better.

Surprised at the GOW hate. I think they are some of the better games I have played.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    Call of Duty (Pretty much the same once and again and again)
    Uncharted (cannot understand the hype around this one. Seems like a Tomb Raider copy)
    Tomb Raider (just never liked it)
    Assasin's Creed (SO repetitive!)
    Kingdom Hearts (This one deserves a special mention:I still cannot understand how a bunch of kids, surrounded by donald duck, goofy and so on, could beat the crap out of CLOUD and SEPHIROTH!!!! WTF were they thinking when made that "game"? never played the game, and newer will, but I saw once a screenshot with Auron, possibly the coolest RPG character level, speaking with mickey mouse or donald duck or whatever...that made me feel SO sad)
    Are there any games you do like?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Uncharted
    Demon's Souls
    CoD
    Halo
    Littlebig Planet
    Dead Space
    Last edited by shaolinsword; 10-15-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Teblal-X View Post
    For me as for series i have to say Uncharted and as single games Heavy Rain, Rage and Bodycount.
    I thought most people hated Bodycount and thought it was just a poorly made game?

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Regional Manager of War

1. GTA IV - I love the GTA series but after playing San Andreas than going to GTA IV I noticed how bad the game was which was alittle heart breaking

2. Call of Duty(Treyarch) - Why after playing Call of duty 4 than WaW it felt like I was playing a children FPS and my guns sounds like pea shooters. Played MW2 than Black Ops.....poor hit detection in a FPS game. INSANITY!!! Zombies is just repetitive and boring after awhile.

3. Gran Turismo/Need for Speed - Real racing games are so boring...where are my shells, bananas, missiles, speed drifts, shields, shortcuts, mines and invulnerability. The only racing game I will ever play that's not a kart-racer is Wipeout, because its actually fun.

4. Battlefield - Just a boring FPS to play with over sized maps and the really tight controls which made it boring and over-realistic. A put together camping which doesn't stand out at all. Matches are slower than a baby turtle aswell.

5. Dead Space Extraction - I refuse to play this game and gave up with a friend after chapter 5. Its really boring, slow and not scary at all.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Call of Duty.
    Little Big Planet.
    Fallout 3.

PRO Member

Call of duty for me
    Dont see why a boring repetative game can get so much hype

Legalize it...

Another vote for COD...

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

God of War, and Assasins Creed but only play the first
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDome13 View Post
    I find it ironic that almost every single poster that is ranting about the CoD series has played one or more games in the series. Some of the posters have a few plats for CoD games, and yet.....hatred. I definitely understand that the rampant "fanboyism" is obnoxious and annoying. I have a friend that ONLY plays Black Ops. Literally, that is the one game he owns. He purchased a PS3 strictly for that game. To me, that is going too far and is dare I say pathetic. But if you are going to rant on and on about how much you hate a series of games, STOP PLAYING THEM. There is so much &%$# talk about how overrated/overhyped etc. the series is, and yet come November 8th, three quarters of you will be playing the latest installment. And if you will be buying it and playing it thinking that you are an uber meta hipster that is playing it ironically, then you are just as bad, if not worse, than the mouth breathing, cheeto inhaling frat boy that you claim to be so much better than.
    I have agree with you, mate

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    You should definitely play KH. I showed a friend of mine some trailers and screenshots and he was like: ''Way to childish and lame!'' But I think that the game has funny elements from Disney and serious and thoroughgoing elements from the Final Fantasy series. Besides, the main story is great.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast