Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't?

This is a discussion on Game/Series Everyone Seems to Like, But You Don't? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Uncharted, CoD, TES, Mass Effect, Fallout....

Lvl 4 - Silver

Uncharted, CoD, TES, Mass Effect, Fallout.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    The God of War series. It's a poorly written, gore-fest which features almost as many puzzles as it does enemies, and is extremely overrated with it's , , , , getting you through 80% of the game, and button-pressing sequences that are so childish that Dance Dance Revolution would put them as 1-star difficulty. Not to mention that the protagonist is someone that I care as little for as the first goomba in Super Mario Bros., with about as much redeemable qualities as the dump I flushed down the toilet this morning. But for some reason, everybody seems to love these games, and Kratos himself, which simply baffles me.
    Tell us how you really feel.

Kidding aside, I can't get into most FPS. I just ordered my first one, Riddick, the other day. I'll see how it goes. I loved the movies so, I figured I'd take a stab at it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

For me its the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises, I just don't like shooters.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Fallout 3. Absolutely hate that game, giant cockroaches / ants or whatever just aren't for me.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can't seem to get hooked to the Fallout & Final Fantasy franchises like everyone else seems to be.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I hated Fallout so much, LBP, and couldnt get into Red Dead at all.

PRO Member

for me it would be anything in the FPS genre aside from the 1st medal of honour on the PS1 all those years ago, and the Metroid Prime series, but specifically I'm tired of hearing my family and friends making play dates to "gank some n00bs" in CoD, at least they could be a little more respectful to others rather than acting like the "13 year-olds" they complain about (they're in their late 20's and 30's so you might be able to see how the hypocracy is frustrating to listen to)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fallout I hate this series soooo much I don't understand the gameplay and why it won so many game awards. Maybe its because I'm not a big fan of those games I don't know, but that's why I hate Fallout. Another series I don't understand is Final Fantasy. I mean this series has 14 games so it must be good. I've played a few final fantasies, but they just aren't that entertaining.

Lvl 7 - Gold

i would probably say final fantasy i never had to much interest in playing it lol
    i played number 2 and 3 on ps1 ages ago but never had the urge to continue playing the series

Legend...Nuff Said

Flame Shield Activate!
    Its a long list so I need the extra protection.
    CoD, God of War, Gears of War, Halo, Battlefield, Zelda, Mario (Post Super Mario World), Metroid, GTA, Half-Life, Tomb Raider (Although the new one might change my mind for that game only), Street Fighter, Soul Caliber, MvC, Diablo, WoW, Demons/Dark Souls...and thats just the series off the top of my head...
    I think the shield held...whew!

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 7 - Gold

For me that would be the Final Fantasy series.. I don't really like the settings of the games, the characters and such ...
    Don't know why but i'm really not in to rpg kinda games... I tried them often on the ps2 and on the psp but i always seem to lose focus at the beginning. Sometimes it takes hours before the game really takes off, or there is to much explaining for the controls and what is possible in the game...
    But hey, everybody has his own type of games they like, so no offence to the hardcore Final Fantasy and rpg games in general....

2011 Member of the Year

Final Fantasy

I have no idea what the rage is with this series. Beam showed me a vid for FF13 and the battle mechanics look horrible. Swing, miss, beast charges, misses...standing around...repeat.

Lvl 7 - Gold

For me it's CoD and Final Fantasy. I think cod looks and plays like shit compared to Battlefield and I just couldn't get into FF for some reason even though I like RPGs.

#hashtag

The Elder Scrolls.........I don't get it really I've played a lot of RPGs in my time but I just can't take any game in this series seriously I just fall asleep.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

For some reason I never cared for the Fallout series...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I find Call of Duty to be repetitive, and I don't really care for it. Also I'm not a big Saints Row fan.

Plats-O'-War!!

Couldn't get into Fallout 3 for nothing. Every time I tried to play, it puts me to sleep (seriously) Couldn't get into Final Fantasy. I've never played one until I played 13 (which is pretty good IMHO), but I just didn't see the hype surrounding it back in the day. I'd rather take The Legend of Dragoon over any FF game. Hands down, I think it's better than FF.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I'd rather take The Legend of Dragoon over any FF game. Hands down, I think it's better than FF.

Wow I havent heard that name in a long time lol... yes it was awesome, although it's been so long I can't remember why... good call though

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    Wow I havent heard that name in a long time lol... yes it was awesome, although it's been so long I can't remember why... good call though
    The reason LoD was awesome was the battle system.

The battle starts at 0:55 if you want to see the system.

Also it had 4 discs of content.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

fallout and mass effect for me

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast